The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

Comments

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    VGismyID wrote: »
    Unacceptable!
    I really cannot stand The Sims 4 and the lack of customization. Everything so cookie cutter bare balls.
    The reason why most players wanted apartments was to be able to create their OWN!
    I do not want the same buildings every other player has.
    I want to make MY city unique and diverse.
    What is the point?
    I knew something was up when they were pushing the 'penthouses' LOL they are the only thing we can actually build! What a joke.

Same thing I was thinking smh
  • Options
    There might be a loading screen between apartments. One of the Gurus said on Facebook

I wish The Sims 4 would stop with the frequent loading screens "In-Between" stuff so there wouldn't be one between me and Target :(

Omg yes lol, really thouggt with having apartments in the game espeically since we can't build them that we would at least be able to go in our neighbors apartment without a loaf screen...maybe they put all the loading into the visiting apartments which is why there's no load screen for the lobby or festival area.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    So far EA didn't let us have toddies... Now they are limiting apartments to one world.... next.. I think they should only introduce two seasons.. Like summer and winter.. why 4, when you can have 2 instead. For pets.. lets mishmash.. cat's rear with dog's head...for University - studying at home;) - that actually would be interesting although I prefer my sims to travel to actual University world... what else? And they excuse to all: engine is limited:P So lets cut on everything;)

Well if apartments are stuck to one world, I bet you that seasons will be too, like in TS1. IMHO they half plum apartments, so they'll probably do it to seasons and any other future content.

yes:((( I am afraid so... I wish I could get a confirmation now and then I will be done with sims 4 for good. Still very sad about apartment.. I was so looking for to this expansion:( *brokenhearted*

I think everyone was excited initially with the announcement of apartments but we all should've known better

yep.. lesson learnt... :(
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    So far EA didn't let us have toddies... Now they are limiting apartments to one world.... next.. I think they should only introduce two seasons.. Like summer and winter.. why 4, when you can have 2 instead. For pets.. lets mishmash.. cat's rear with dog's head...for University - studying at home;) - that actually would be interesting although I prefer my sims to travel to actual University world... what else? And they excuse to all: engine is limited:P So lets cut on everything;)

Well if apartments are stuck to one world, I bet you that seasons will be too, like in TS1. IMHO they half plum apartments, so they'll probably do it to seasons and any other future content.

yes:((( I am afraid so... I wish I could get a confirmation now and then I will be done with sims 4 for good. Still very sad about apartment.. I was so looking for to this expansion:( *brokenhearted*

I think everyone was excited initially with the announcement of apartments but we all should've known better

yep.. lesson learnt... :(

Exactly :(
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I am a "dedicated builder" and, yes, I was looking forward to building apartments. But I choose to look at what I can do, not what I can't. I spoke my mind to the devs once and have moved on. I don't think they fully understood how important build our own apartments was to us. Well, they do know. I choose to believe that they will add this important feature into the game, hopefully soon. Until then, I will and have found other things to build. I might be slowed, but I will not be stopped.

This kind of hopeful optimism is wonderful, but its not realistic. They aren't going to add the ability to build your own apartments. And they willingly chose to go with this option and I doubt at all that they were surprised by fan reactions. They knew people wanted to build their own apartments they simply didn't want to do that for whatever reason. That sums up TS4 pretty nicely its fans get in the way of whatever the team has decided is the "dream" for TS4. Perhaps that's the point, they are effectively rebranding the sims and don't care if they loose all their long-time fans.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    1. Hopeful optimism is always a realistic option.
    2. They had two different ways to go and enough time and money for one. They picked apartments in skyscrapers that we can not build over four story apartments that we can build but, being only four stories tall, do not make a convincing city. The second option could be added in the future if enough people still want them, so it would help if you could have just a little hopeful optimism vs. the negative attitude that won't get the job done.
  • Options
    I am a "dedicated builder" and, yes, I was looking forward to building apartments. But I choose to look at what I can do, not what I can't. I spoke my mind to the devs once and have moved on. I don't think they fully understood how important build our own apartments was to us. Well, they do know. I choose to believe that they will add this important feature into the game, hopefully soon. Until then, I will and have found other things to build. I might be slowed, but I will not be stopped.

This kind of hopeful optimism is wonderful, but its not realistic. They aren't going to add the ability to build your own apartments. And they willingly chose to go with this option and I doubt at all that they were surprised by fan reactions. They knew people wanted to build their own apartments they simply didn't want to do that for whatever reason. That sums up TS4 pretty nicely its fans get in the way of whatever the team has decided is the "dream" for TS4. Perhaps that's the point, they are effectively rebranding the sims and don't care if they loose all their long-time fans.
    2. They had two different ways to go and enough time and money for one. They picked apartments in skyscrapers that we can not build over four story apartments that we can build but, being only four stories tall, do not make a convincing city. The second option could be added in the future if enough people still want them, so it would help if you could have just a little hopeful optimism vs. the negative attitude that won't get the job done.

I understand both of your points, I'm trying to figure what's in-stored for the sims 4 future because everything just seems like it's up in 4he air for now
  • Options
    BubsGirl291BubsGirl291 Posts: 49 New Member
    I'm still going to get the pack , but it is kinda sad that they missed rhe mark with some features. Loading screens just to enter a neighbors apartment doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't get that either

I think it might be treating the building as the public space in a neighborhood and the each apartment within that building as different lots. Like apartment buildings are mini neighborhoods within a larger neighborhood. Play apartment A and that apartment, the public space in the apartment building and the surrounding public space are all open. Want to switch to apartment B? Gotta go through a load screen then B becomes the active lot, as well as the public space inside and outside the building.

Honesty, I kind of like it that way, because you really feel like that apartment is YOURS, and you can have neighbors in the same building without them being in the same household as you.
  • Options

I understand both of your points, I'm trying to figure what's in-stored for the sims 4 future because everything just seems like it's up in 4he air for now

I don't think it's up in the air at all. I think the devs has a good idea and a plan for S4 and it gets better and better with every pack release.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I have to agree with the other poster; it's highly unlikely that they will revisit apartments in the future.

They made the decision that some visually stimulating decoration added more value to the game than a functional space. I think it's really, really funny how some people can accept that. I'm sure Maxis laughs too when players rush to defend garbage features - because I am sure there are people within Maxis who find this setup as ridiculous as many players do. It adds zero benefit, while introducing several restrictions. The biggest restriction being that apartments cannot be made, or placed, and the only apartments you will ever have are in this one world. I rule though!

Players clearly hold little influence to the developers, or else this issue wouldn't be a problem in the first place. The Sims 4 won't have apartments like Sims 2 - as much as I would like to hope that it would, it won't. They can barely get content out the door as is, they certainly don't have the time to go back and redo a feature they screwed up on the first time. Retail comes to mind, they know a lot of people think they did a bad job and nothing has been done about it. No different for any other part of the game - players honestly just don't matter to these people anymore. It's the sad, sad truth but it's obvious when you look at the last two years.

They are rebranding the game and removing critical elements that gave the game its appeal. Mixed with the companies increasingly poor communication, attitudes, and overall reluctance to try and figure out what the community wants/expects I can definitely see The Sims 4 being the last game.
  • Options
    When they released DO, we wanted to be the food critic but we couldn't. Now, in CL, we can. It will be "revisited" in this next EP. There is no reason that apartments we can build won't be added in the future. I think the reaction to the fact that we can not build our own apartments may have surprised them. They may not have understood how important that feature is, now they know. So, it's possible that it may be added in the future.
  • Options
    When they released DO, we wanted to be the food critic but we couldn't. Now, in CL, we can. It will be "revisited" in this next EP. There is no reason that apartments we can build won't be added in the future. I think the reaction to the fact that we can not build our own apartments may have surprised them. They may not have understood how important that feature is, now they know. So, it's possible that it may be added in the future.

Source? I haven't heard anything about that new career being a tie in with DO. I haven't heard anything about it honestly, and there was no info in the megathread so I am really curious where you heard this info?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Source? I haven't heard anything about that new career being a tie in with DO. I haven't heard anything about it honestly, and there was no info in the megathread so I am really curious where you heard this info?

I wouldn't call it a 'tie in'. But there's a Food Critic in DO (that we couldn't play as), and now there's a Food Critic career coming in CL.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

If it's not tied in with DO, what restaurants will they be critiquing? The food carts? Not likely.
  • Options

If it's not tied in with DO, what restaurants will they be critiquing? The food carts? Not likely.

If one doesn't own DO I assume they still get this career. So I venture to assume what these critics will be critiquing will be off screen "restaurants" not your restaurants made with DO.

It sounds like two completely different things.
  • Options
    I guess we'll have more information after all this one the CL Event is over, possibly.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    There might be a loading screen between apartments. One of the Gurus said on Facebook

I wish The Sims 4 would stop with the frequent loading screens "In-Between" stuff so there wouldn't be one between me and Target :(

Omg yes lol, really thouggt with having apartments in the game espeically since we can't build them that we would at least be able to go in our neighbors apartment without a loaf screen...maybe they put all the loading into the visiting apartments which is why there's no load screen for the lobby or festival area.

Don't forget though this whole thing is running of Olympus which originally was meant to be a online game so I'm not really surprised the game is pretty limiting but I mean at least they're making the most of what they have IMO.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »

Don't forget though this whole thing is running of Olympus which originally was meant to be a online game so I'm not really surprised the game is pretty limiting but I mean at least they're making the most of what they have IMO.

Even some online 2014 - now games aren't this limiting lol. I remember when I first played the sims I was excited and wanting new news and couldn't wait....now I'm like you guys could've waited on that news lol
  • Options
    blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    I'm sure altering and decorating apartments will be fun, but I had also assumed we would be able to build our own apartment complexes. Individuality and uniqueness is an important part of The Sims, so it is a little disappointing. However, I do really like that different apartments have different qualities. Looking forward to tormenting some sims with cockroaches. I once stayed somewhere where there were cockroaches above the shower. (I didn't shower for three days.)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options

If one doesn't own DO I assume they still get this career. So I venture to assume what these critics will be critiquing will be off screen "restaurants" not your restaurants made with DO.

It sounds like two completely different things.

So then you agree with me. Apartments we build can be added in the future.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2016
    What's ironic about this whole limiting building situation is that Sims 1 was originally planned and made to be an architecture/building software tool, not a simulation game. (The sims were added later.) :tongue:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What's ironic about this whole limiting building situation is that Sims 1 was originally planned and made to be an architecture/building software tool, not a simulation game. (The sims were added later.) :tongue:

It is worrying really as had TS1 had an 'Apartment Life' EP chances are, we would have been able to build them ourselves :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Who needs apartment buildings? who even asked for apartments in TS4?
    I don't understand why EA even added them!!

We sims 4 fans have expressed our views so many times again and again that we don't want expansion packs with game playing objects. This is too much for us.

EA, please keep it simple next time. All we are asking for is CAS items. Do you even listen? CAS items only. Because only CAS items can make the game better. Next time please don't include worlds. Nobody needs them too
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Who needs apartment buildings? who even asked for apartments in TS4?
    I don't understand why EA even added them!!

We sims 4 fans have expressed our views so many times again and again that we don't want expansion packs with game playing objects. This is too much for us.

EA, please keep it simple next time. All we are asking for is CAS items. Do you even listen? CAS items only. Because only CAS items can make the game better. Next time please don't include worlds. Nobody needs them too

I asked for them. So there. Go play with CC if CAS is all you want.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    ok ok ok ok... I know I might need some mental help after typing this but.. They called this "expansion pack" City Living... Not apartments living. Maybe there will be something in the future that they will actually make "living in an apartments" game pack and then we will be able to build them. Not the huge ones maybe... but smaller ones? ok even for myself I sound so dam naive here...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--