Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

.bt Request: World Objects (0x810A102D + possible other resources)

ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
@SimGuruModSquad @SimGuruEugi

I'm working on a program for re-theming worlds and have successfully made it possible to edit textures, using the TerrainData .bt file that was posted previously.

For the next step, I want to make it possible to swap out objects in individual .world files with different ones. I know that the main set of objects is stored in the resource with the type 0x810A102D. I'll also need to know which other resources contain object data.

EDIT: Fixed mistake, I meant to say resource 0x810A102D, not 0x20D81496, whoops! (I know that 0x20D81496 doesn't contain the objects)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Zerbu, request received. Likely will not be able to get to it until next week.

-SGMS
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    Zerbu wrote: »

I'm working on a program for re-theming worlds and have successfully made it possible to edit textures, using the TerrainData .bt file that was posted previously.

For the next step, I want to make it possible to swap out objects in individual .world files with different ones. I know that the main set of objects is stored in the resource with the type 0x810A102D. I'll also need to know which other resources contain object data.

EDIT: Fixed mistake, I meant to say resource 0x810A102D, not 0x20D81496, whoops! (I know that 0x20D81496 doesn't contain the objects)

Are you making a tool? :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    Petarce123 wrote: »

Yep! It's mainly for skin swaps (replacing all instances of an object with another) but you'll also be able to move objects if you really have to by manually setting the co-ordinates.
  • Options

Yep! It's mainly for skin swaps (replacing all instances of an object with another) but you'll also be able to move objects if you really have to by manually setting the co-ordinates.

Awesome!Are you going to be releasing it for the community when it's ready? :)

• Options
    Hi @Zerbu,

.bt file for DWorld Resource (0x810a102d) posted: here.

-SGMS
  • Options

Awesome!Are you going to be releasing it for the community when it's ready? :)

Yep!
    Hi @Zerbu,

.bt file for DWorld Resource (0x810a102d) posted: here.

-SGMS

Thanks! It took a while but I was able to figure out the format and add it to the program, but it only contains some of the world objects. What other resources contain object data?
  • Options
    @Zerbu do you know when you are going to release it? :)

• Options
    Hey @Zerbu, can you give me some examples/screenshots of objects that you are not seeing defined in DWorld resource? Thanks.

-SGMS
  • Options
    Here's a screenshot of a world with all the objects in that resource removed:

167mc8g.jpg

The other worlds have the same problem, some more than others.

(@Petarce123 - I currently have no idea, I'm still figuring out how much will be possible)
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Is it the trees and lampposts you still need gone? Paths as well?
  • Options
    Yes, and also some of the plants, rocks and the world backdrop. I think the paths are defined somewhere else though, but I haven't investigated much yet.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    The most important thing that I would like to do with such a tool is change out some of the fake houses. It's bad having fake georgian mansions stuck between the commercial concrete and glass buildings in the backdrop and the commercial concrete and glass buildings I want to build.
  • Options
    FYI, will take a closer look at this when I get the chance.
    -SGMS
  • Options
    I've figured out the other objects are stored in resource 0xFCB1A1E4 and I've made a .bt request in a new thread. I've also confirmed that resource 0x20D81496 contains a reference to a resource in the FullBuilds/DeltaBuilds that contains road data. I'm still struggling to find which resource contains water data.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top