Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can you play with 2 expansion packs or just 1

can you play with 2 expansion packs or just 1
Click On The Picture To Visit My Studio
Lycan%20Isle_zpscukae4ys.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    Sure. I usually just play with Generations and University. Sometimes I add Supernatural just for fun. It's the same with stuff packs. You don't have to play with all of them.
  • Options
    LunarWolfTallyLunarWolfTally Posts: 235 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I play with all of my EP's in my game... :)

ok thank you @lisasc360 :smile:
    i helped my aunt with her lawn and she gave me a amazon gift card,
    so i used it to get the sims 3 Generation Expansion Pack :smile:
  • Options
    LunarWolfTallyLunarWolfTally Posts: 235 Member
    Hip_Rose wrote: »
    Sure. I usually just play with Generations and University. Sometimes I add Supernatural just for fun. It's the same with stuff packs. You don't have to play with all of them.

ok, i'm still new to all this lol so i wanted to ask
    thank you @Hip_Rose
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I play with all of my EP's in my game... :)

ok thank you @lisasc360 :smile:
    i helped my aunt with her lawn and she gave me a amazon gift card,
    so i used it to get the sims 3 Generation Expansion Pack :smile:

Nothing wrong with exploring a expansion or two at a time .i have all eps and sps and used a pack selector to disable everything but seasons and added high end loft stuff later .im exploring what it is like with just one expansion for now .

Generations is a lot of fun by the way .it adds a lot of family play
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2016

@Hip_Rose thanks for this info, I never got supernatural because I did not want them in all my worlds. but the way you just said that. I see now, I could have one world game with supernatural and not have it in other world games. Is that correct. I am just getting back to sims 3 and it was never like that.

• Options
    Evalen wrote: »

@Hip_Rose thanks for this info, I never got supernatural because I did not want them in all my worlds. but the way you just said that. I see now, I could have one world game with supernatural and not have it in other world games. Is that correct. I am just getting back to sims 3 and it was never like that.

When supernatural is installed there are new options in the options menu to turn them off .and the supernatural world can be turned more realistic by doing so and using nraas master controller to take away the occult status of the residents if the options don't do so on its own .supernatural comes with a lot of neat items that even realistic play can enjoy.like a train set and claw machine ,ect.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I play with all the EP's and SP's and most of the store but it might come down to what you are trying to play the game on.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

If you start picking and choosing which packs you have for a save, you will need to keep a list or have a really good memory to know which packs you had active with each save.

Good luck and have fun.

I always play with all of the packs but that's because my computer can cope with them all and that's how I like to play.
  • Options
    btw theres an origin discount with the promocode origin50
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @MemoriiValentine Thanks for the heads up! I just purchased Showtime for half price! When that's done downloading, I'm going to see if it will give me the same discount on Island Paradise. If so, I'll own all of the EPs and will just need to get SPs to complete my collection!
  • Options
    texansky wrote: »
    @MemoriiValentine Thanks for the heads up! I just purchased Showtime for half price! When that's done downloading, I'm going to see if it will give me the same discount on Island Paradise. If so, I'll own all of the EPs and will just need to get SPs to complete my collection!

it should let you do it on Island Paradise.should be the same for sps as well
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    VenayVenay Posts: 59 Member
    I play with all of them minus World Adventures because that's just an addon to the lag. Plus I rarely travel anyways
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got all of the collection installed and don't usually disable any of them unless I'm starting a save file for a newly created world and don't want to require all packs for the save though I have to use a game selctor tool from MTS for that.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Only limitation I run into is that my poor little laptop really struggles if I try to use Pets and Seasons at the same time.

I play with Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, and University Life, plus a handful of Stuff Packs, and my game runs fine.