The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Wright

When Will Wright was over the game it had everything that a sims game sopose to have. The base game was well thought out and was not missing everything. If he had not left the game it would not be like it is now. I agree with LGR that the core elements of the sims have been taken away and all it is now is a background of the previous games. The heart and soul is left out now of a sims game. I'm two years older than LGR and i been playing since sims 1 and i agree about alot he has said. EA deletes post if they do not agree. I wonder what Will Wright would think and say about the game right now.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is unknown what Will Wright thinks of TS4 but I read somewhere (can't remember where) that he was I pressed with it.

I also read that he was very impressed with TS3 and agreed with the features there.m

Will Wright started a legacy with The Sims and although the game survived for years without him, his legacy would never be forgotten :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I really wish he was still working for the game, i wonder how different the franchise would be.
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    I agree it would be a whole lot different. We would have a complete base game, before coming out with something new.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I agree it would be a whole lot different. We would have a complete base game, before coming out with something new.

not only a base it will be a full game
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    I would love for Will Wright and the rest of the team to come back!!!! I want my sims back... :wink:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Whoever was the mind behind Sims 2, just come back. Please?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I may be wrong here, but I've read that he didn't have much involvement in TS2. Maybe some of the base game, but as far as I'm aware, after the success of The Sims he devoted most of his time to developing Spore. This kind of makes sense because he was showing off a very detailed demo of Spore in 2005, only a year after TS2 was released.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

Some of the TS2 developers are still around and are working on TS4 ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    lisamtown wrote: »
    I would love for Will Wright and the rest of the team to come back!!!! I want my sims back... :wink:

I agree somewhat but your passion has to be in it or it won't be as enjoyable. The gaming industry also seems to cost more these days (if all these gutted games are anything to judge by) but gamers are expecting high quality from the previous generations of gaming. Though really I should say years of gaming since generations are more of a console thing. So basically, money money money. I think being an indie dev is probably more enjoyable these days though still hard and more prone to failure if you misstep. Can we say No Man's Sky? Not sure what Will Wright is up to these days but I'd completely understand if it wasn't game development.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

I can only think of Lyndsay off the top of my head. Who else?
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

True, but they're not the captains of the ship, they're the sailors. They're not the ones to choose what's next.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member

That was Will Wright at the beginning, but it was basically finished by EA and Maxis. I think the problem is the company's CEO and other higher ups, not the devs.
  • Options
    Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    I believe Will Wright and Rod Humble were responsible for Sims 2.