Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some questions about custom traits and moodlets

Hello,

I downloaded Zerbu's TS4 Buff and Trait Factory last night. I don't really know yet what sort of custom traits I want to make, but I figured I would just experiment with it a bit to get familiar with how to use it. I noticed there are a few things there don't seem to be ways to set with this tool. I've done some searching online and on this forum on how to add these with S4PE, but to no avail. Here is what I am wondering about specifically:

1. How do I set a trait to enable certain social interactions, such as a Creative Sim being able to "Share Ideas" even when not Inspired? Also, is it possible to add new interactions for custom traits?
2. Sims with certain base game traits get a Tense moodlet when they haven't done a certain activity for awhile, such as a Geek not playing video games or an Active Sim not exercising. How do I create moodlets tied to certain activities in this way?
3. Is there a way to create custom whims and have them linked to custom traits?
4. How do the settings under the "Autonomy" tab in the Buff and Trait Factory work? I really don't understand this.
Origin ID: foxx-fennec

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I know that particular mod is no longer being supported by @Zerbu , and I believe it may be broken. I have never used it , so I don't know how it works, sorry. Hopefully, Zerbu will weigh in with an answer.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I believe Zerbu is working on replacing this with Mod Constructor, which you should be able to find the link to on his Tumblr.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    You can get the alpha version of Mod Constructor here: http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/147954345122/the-sims-4-mod-constructor-version-2-alpha

Although it's still in alpha, it contains all the features BATF has, plus more. You can also export directly to package format, which is better.
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    edited September 2016
    Zerbu wrote: »
    You can get the alpha version of Mod Constructor here: http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/147954345122/the-sims-4-mod-constructor-version-2-alpha

Although it's still in alpha, it contains all the features BATF has, plus more. You can also export directly to package format, which is better.

Thank you! Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on my computer. It just says "Constructor2 has stopped working" as soon as I try to launch it. I'm running Windows 7, and selecting "Run as Administrator" has not fixed it.

EDIT: Here are the error details in Windows:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: Constructor2.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 579647f6
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209
    Problem Signature 06: 534894cc
    Problem Signature 07: 4527
    Problem Signature 08: 105
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    If I boot up Ubuntu and try to run it using Wine, no window appears, but I get the error "The entry point method could not be loaded" in Terminal.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec