The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 Years and I'm really done this time

Sims 4 is not for me the engine is blown, and ea knows it. So at this point they are milking it for all its worth, I'm done because I know now that no matter how beautiful a car is its useless if the engine is blown. I will no longer support this game my love with sims ended with the sims 2 that is where it will remain..

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,768 Member
    Okay. Have fun with TS2 then. It's a good game too.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I feel ya! I was hoping this far into the game they would have actually listened to us, and tried to fix the problems. Not sure if it's due to the engines limitations or just the fact that they don't care, and will do what they want. But I had really high hopes for it, sadly they weren't lived up to. At least you have your favorite to fall back on! I had to update my Sims 3 game through Origin, and now I can only play with first logging onto Origin and then launching S3 with the launcher - haven't used that since 2010 - and now my game crashes. :( I think I might have to go back to Sims and Sims 2 to get my gaming fix until there's a work around to launching Sims 3 through Origin.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    So sad that it's come to this
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    A car is useless if the engine is blown? That sounds familiar as if another Simmer has said something about Sims 4 along those lines before. Oh wait, that other Simmer was me. I said something about Sims 4 along those lines back before Sims 4 was even released. Forget about graphics, forget about sound, and game play. None of that won't even matter if the engine doesn't run. Because they all rely on the engine running, and running like it should.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2016
    The engine is fantastic! It's the best-looking Sims game in the series. It is the gameplay that is missing. It's hard to go from TS3 that had so much to TS4 that stripped it all to the bare bones.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I'm getting close to there. There are some things in this game that I truly did believe would make an appearance by now. When they announced that toddlers weren't going to be in the base game, I thought they would have been added within that year. When they didn't come I felt that if they don't come by the two year mark they will never come. Toddlers were never on the top of my want list but it wasn't that I never wanted them. I felt that I would just have fun with the whole party life style the game seems to be based on until I could have more family play. Well I'm getting kind of bored with it. I really miss settling down my wild and crazy founder sim and having kids of all ages in the house at the same time.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    Woah...I keep seeing "I'm quitting" threads like everyday. This game must totally suck for you guys. :'(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,557 Member
    Sims 4 is not for me the engine is blown, and ea knows it. So at this point they are milking it for all its worth, I'm done because I know now that no matter how beautiful a car is its useless if the engine is blown. I will no longer support this game my love with sims ended with the sims 2 that is where it will remain..

Really?

Were close to an expansion pack getting released plus Dine Out improved on the game dramatically. Did you send your sims in restuarents to dine out? Just give it a chance till you know what EP 3 is.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Woah...I keep seeing "I'm quitting" threads like everyday. This game must totally suck for you guys. :'(
    I use to see this type of message about Sims 3, and those Simmers that have posted those I'm quitting messages. About half of them stuck around to the end of Sims 3 anyways.

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I'm happy for you.
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    Were close to an expansion pack getting released plus Dine Out improved on the game dramatically.

That is a little bit of an exaggeration. It did add some improvements, but saying it improved on the game "dramatically" is kind of over the top.

I do like being able to run a restaurant, and going out to dine is pretty cool (especially when it goes smoothly) though. Building restaurants is great. Overall excitement is a bit tempered by weird limitations and bugs, but it's definitely alright if you are into the whole restaurants thing. It wasn't a dramatic improvement, and it doesn't touch gameplay outside of restauranting.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

Really?

Were close to an expansion pack getting released plus Dine Out improved on the game dramatically. Did you send your sims in restuarents to dine out? Just give it a chance till you know what EP 3 is.

I have sent them to restaurants. I've made a few themed ones to boot, but it's still not helping with the over all game. Another let down is the fact that your sim can't even cook in their own restaurant, or even hire family or friends, or other playable sims that you have created. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

I can relate to the blown engines! From my perspective, that game is just one huge collection of sad-tires so maybe I'll try stick-slapping as a new hobby.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    edited August 2016
    Do you!
    Post edited by kingkong192 on
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    Yep... Sims 4 just hasn't done very well. I myself reinstalled The Sims 2 and am getting back into that. The graphics are dated, but the game is so much richer.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 397 Member
    What took you so long?
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @sunman502 wrote: »
    I use to see this type of message about Sims 3, and those Simmers that have posted those I'm quitting messages. About half of them stuck around to the end of Sims 3 anyways.

Pretty much. Also even with The Sims 2.

These happen wherever you go, it's not really a big deal. Most people go the dramatic route, and come back when all the content they want is back in the game.
    There were threads like this when The Sims 2 didn't have Pets or Magic.

If you don't like a game, no one else needs to know except yourself that you don't want to play it.
    You don't need to make a formal announcement.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Boo.
    Hoo.
    Sniffle.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

These happen wherever you go, it's not really a big deal. Most people go the dramatic route, and come back when all the content they want is back in the game.

If you don't like a game, no one else needs to know except yourself that you don't want to play it.

for attention maybe??
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »

Am I missing something here? Did someone resign and put you in charge of this forum?

If we all came on here bursting rays of sunshine and rainbows then what would ever be accomplished. I have said it before and I'll say it again, this whole "We hear you." is a load of bull. To me it really seems that they do enough just to say they did something. It's the same when I tell my brother that our mom's attends (adult diapers) cost roughly 300 to 400 a month and if he could help with buying them and he shows up with one package of the kind that gives her a rash acting all proud like he actually did something truly helpful.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    Yup...
    Me_Too_(Official_Single_Cover)_by_Meghan_Trainor.png
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I've gone back to TS2 too.
    Yep, ts4 may be prettier, but it's not as fun to play.

Really?

Compare base game to base game. TS2 is far more fun. TS4 is pretty, but empty.
    No, ea needs to know that people aren't happy with their product, it's important feedback.
    That part is true, I just comment on other peoples threads about it. :p

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    No, ea needs to know that people aren't happy with their product, it's important feedback.

The only way to make EA really realize that people aren't happy is if they stop buying. I never understood those, who keep buying everything because "that could make them like the game" and then they expect EA to make the game better. I think that the only real feedback is if these people stop buying. Now, I'm not saying that they should, it's their money but that is my opinion.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

The only way to make EA really realize that people aren't happy is if they stop buying. I never understood those, who keep buying everything because "that could make them like the game" and then they expect EA to make the game better. I think that the only real feedback is if these people stop buying. Now, I'm not saying that they should, it's their money but that is my opinion.

But how do you know you don't like it, if you don't try it? You sort of have to give it a go, to know if you'll like it or not.

Also, will there be a TS5 if no one buys TS4?
    I want to give them a chance of a do over, to make TS5 be better than TS2 and TS3 combined. They won't do it if there aren't enough sales of TS4.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top