Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    Introducing my matriarch for the 100 Baby Challenge...

Kinsley Meadows
    WrjJqXn.png
    Origin ID: Emmblie
  • Options
    Lauralou64Lauralou64 Posts: 61 Member
    moinnz wrote: »
    Lauralou64 wrote: »
    moinnz wrote: »
    My game is been silly it won't let me play for long I've had 11 babies 12th is on its way I've had one set of triplets the rest have been singles I really don't wanna start again

What do you mean by "silly"? Maybe you could try changing some of your graphics settings? If I have too much stuff in my sims personal inventory, then my game starts to slow down. could that be it?

It's just wouldn't let me play for some reason I would be on it for about a minute then it would crash but I have fixed it now by repering the game

That's awesome that you can play now! I'm glad that Origin has the option to repair the game so easily without losing everything we work so hard to accomplish!!

• Options
    My Matriarch Olivia now has had 6 babies! Two of the young adults have moved out, Alayna (baby #1) is on her own and the son, Bradford (baby #2) is living with his father right now. Father and son are trying to get to know each other since the dad wasn't around much while Bradford was growing up. As soon as I get enough posts and am allowed to post pictures I will. I've been making a family chart on that echo website but I wish I could add more pictures of the kids.
  • Options
    sydhunn128sydhunn128 Posts: 6 New Member
    sydhunn128 wrote: »
    Hi! I know it's been over a year since this was posted, but I thought I would share some things anyways!

1. I'm on baby #17, however, my sim, Danielle, is pregnant with the next baby/babies.
    2. Our second son died, but our first son hasn't...Weird, right?
    3. I've been diligently working on getting triplets, but she's only had 3 sets of twins and the rest are single children...and ZERO triplets. Oh, well.

One last question,
    Now that the new update has inserted Nannies, I believe it is up to the player whether or not to use Nannies or not. I have chosen to only use the Nannie when we have a baby in the house and she needs to go meet potential baby donors.

Enjoy your day!

I haven't used the nanny yet. I just leave the lot and the baby is sent to "daycare" and its free!

I know! I just find it a bit more realistic and I feel like it would make Danielle feel better!
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Is anyone else getting sick of monsters under the bed? With several kids in the house, every night my Matriarch has to get up and spray under the beds... and if all of the kids don't see her do it, she has to do it over again. Anyone know of a way around them?
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    HikingDinaHikingDina Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone else getting sick of monsters under the bed? With several kids in the house, every night my Matriarch has to get up and spray under the beds... and if all of the kids don't see her do it, she has to do it over again. Anyone know of a way around them?

You can buy the Coola light and put it above the child's bed. No more monsters! I was doing legacy challenge with 10 kids in one generation and losing my mind with the darn monsters. This works!
  • Options

Yeah, what @HikingDina said. I don't know if this helps or not but I leave the lights in the bedroom in as well as the night lights. The first night I bout them, the monsters were coming out at 5pm when the child was trying to go to bed early! It hasn't been an issue since though.

• Options
    Thank you both! I tried it out and no monsters. You just saved my sanity!

• Options
    Thank you both! I tried it out and no monsters. You just saved my sanity!

I was just playing and decided to turn off the nightlights to see if just having them would be enough and it wasn't. The poor kids got scared out of their wits and had to nap in mommy's bed until they got over it, LOL!
  • Options
    @Lauralou64 That's good to know! I'll be sure to keep them on at allllllll times. Haha

• Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member

This might help you too:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579595

It stops kids from waking up but the monsters will still spawn for you to talk to them!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    For some reason all of my children have brown eyes! Olivia has green eyes, and Only 2 of the fathers have brown eyes so I'm wondering if it's possible that I have a 'brown eye bug'? I have custom eye over rides in my game, could that be it? I was hoping for a couple of green eyed kids. Olivia has had 7 babies so far. I can't stop playing!! Oh, and another good source of income, breeding frogs!! I have bread until I get whirlyflower frogs and place 2 of them in each family members inventory and every 4 hours or so, breed them so I have a nice source of daily income! Each Whirlyflower frog sells for 160 simoleons! So if Olivia is too busy taking care of her baby or looking for a new daddy she doesn't have to paint. She's also learning how to write books.
  • Options
    ChrissyAnneChrissyAnne Posts: 36 Member
    Hey all! This is my first time posting, but I've been doing the 100 baby challenge now for a few months. I'm up to 67 babies on the 4th generation! I really really want to finish this challenge, but my game has become so bogged down on this save. I don't want to have to abandon it, but it's basically become unplayable :(

Any advice? Ive tried moving to a smaller lot and it helped a tiny bit, but it still keeps freezing up. Do I have to restart the family in a new save (save to gallery and start them in a new world)? Or is there something else I can do?

My current matriarch makes her money gardening and she has a garden full of about 30 perfect plants. I really don't want to lose that. Help!
  • Options
    If my sim is pregnant, will a fertility massage help her have multiples or does it need to be done before the "try for baby" action? Also, what else can she do to have twins/triplets besides the fertile trait? I don't have enough satisfaction points to buy that trait right now. I heard that watching kids television helps but it hasn't so far.
  • Options
    Raey0nRaey0n Posts: 203 Member
    If my sim is pregnant, will a fertility massage help her have multiples or does it need to be done before the "try for baby" action? Also, what else can she do to have twins/triplets besides the fertile trait? I don't have enough satisfaction points to buy that trait right now. I heard that watching kids television helps but it hasn't so far.

Curious to know this too
  • Options
    I really want to become a member soon so I can post pics, quite a few points and posts to go. Oh well :)

• Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    ^ Liked both posts to help you out :) =D
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Hey all! This is my first time posting, but I've been doing the 100 baby challenge now for a few months. I'm up to 67 babies on the 4th generation! I really really want to finish this challenge, but my game has become so bogged down on this save. I don't want to have to abandon it, but it's basically become unplayable :(

Any advice? Ive tried moving to a smaller lot and it helped a tiny bit, but it still keeps freezing up. Do I have to restart the family in a new save (save to gallery and start them in a new world)? Or is there something else I can do?

My current matriarch makes her money gardening and she has a garden full of about 30 perfect plants. I really don't want to lose that. Help!

I'm not sure if this is possible, but you could load up the family and the house to your gallery, make a new save (dont ditch the old one yet) and place the house and the family back on the same spot. Then test it to see if it works and you still have all their skills/perks etc. If it does you can remove the old save, and the new shouldn't be glitched.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    regarding the fertility massage... My sim was pregnant and I had her go get the fertility massage every day until she gave birth. I'm glad she's at the top of the painting skill and breeds those frogs for money! Anyway, when she gave birth it was a single baby :(
    So, the next time I had her get pregnant, I had her take the future daddy/donor to the spa with her and she had a fertility massage, went to the sauna with him, beguiled him and seduced him into trying for a baby two times. She ended up having twins!! It helps to have the beguiling trait, she can get him all flirty so easily now! She is pregnant again and I did the same thing. I'll update tomorrow if it's twins/triplets or not.

ETA: She only had one baby this time despite the fertility massage.
    Post edited by Lauralou64 on
  • Options
    I really want to become a member soon so I can post pics, quite a few points and posts to go. Oh well :)

I went through and liked all of your posts. Hopefully that helps. :smile:

• Options

Thanks so much! <3 love your blog btw
  • Options
    ^ Liked both posts to help you out :) =D

Thank you! It's much appreciated. :)
  • Options

Ah those monsters, I hate them tbh. :s Probably one of the most frustrating patches ever put in the game. They're kinda cool I guess but really annoying. :o
  • Options

Thanks so much! <3 love your blog btw

Me too!
  • Options
    ChrissyAnneChrissyAnne Posts: 36 Member

I'm not sure if this is possible, but you could load up the family and the house to your gallery, make a new save (dont ditch the old one yet) and place the house and the family back on the same spot. Then test it to see if it works and you still have all their skills/perks etc. If it does you can remove the old save, and the new shouldn't be glitched.

Thanks! I will try this

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top