Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    @lilonesub I'll give your suggestions a try. Thanks! :smiley:
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    VioletRed wrote: »
    @lilonesub I'll give your suggestions a try. Thanks! :smiley:

You are welcome, please let us know if this helps or not.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    kristinkelseykristinkelsey Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi! I'm just in need of some clarification about the woohoo mod for MC Command. Say I turned on risky woohoo (assuming autonomous wooho is set to true) and set it to 15% chance of pregnancy. Does this effect all sims in the game or just my active household? From what I'm gathering, it only affects the household

Edit: Adding to my question with another question! So there's no story progression in TS4. Then what do NPCs do when you're not playing them? Do they do anything? When I add a new household and come back a few days later nothing has changed. No growth in relationships or anything. Is that the norm?
    Post edited by kristinkelsey on
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Hi! I'm just in need of some clarification about the woohoo mod for MC Command. Say I turned on risky woohoo (assuming autonomous wooho is set to true) and set it to 15% chance of pregnancy. Does this effect all sims in the game or just my active household? From what I'm gathering, it only affects the household

Edit: Adding to my question with another question! So there's no story progression in TS4. Then what do NPCs do when you're not playing them? Do they do anything? When I add a new household and come back a few days later nothing has changed. No growth in relationships or anything. Is that the norm?

I'll get back to you on the woohoo thing, unless *somebody* (tag incoming...) <ahem> beats me to it. (Research.) :) I think you're right... woohoo is for active sims, pregnancy is for inactives. But let me check that before we carve it in stone.

As for your "story progression" question... @azoresman1972 could probably give you a much better answer to "what happens?"... but as far as I know, it's supposedly nothing. (in for a penny, in for a pound, az... Hotel California. :p )

They only DO anything if they happen to zone into the lot you're currently playing on. They do a lot "in my head" while they're off-camera (so to speak), but in the game, notsomuch.

Marriage/Pregnancy alarms will shake things up quite a bit. It does add romantic relationships to couples it puts together, with both relationship bars full. Pretty neat watching the town shake itself up like that. :)

How long have you had MC? Played Sims4?

Just curious, except it would be nice to know how much experience with various things (any of) you have.

Cheerleader can't be everywhere. Although I do try! :)
  • Options

I'll get back to you on the woohoo thing, unless *somebody* (tag incoming...) <ahem> beats me to it. (Research.) :) I think you're right... woohoo is for active sims, pregnancy is for inactives. But let me check that before we carve it in stone.

As for your "story progression" question... @azoresman1972 could probably give you a much better answer to "what happens?"... but as far as I know, it's supposedly nothing. (in for a penny, in for a pound, az... Hotel California. :p )

They only DO anything if they happen to zone into the lot you're currently playing on. They do a lot "in my head" while they're off-camera (so to speak), but in the game, notsomuch.

Marriage/Pregnancy alarms will shake things up quite a bit. It does add romantic relationships to couples it puts together, with both relationship bars full. Pretty neat watching the town shake itself up like that. :)

Just curious, except it would be nice to know how much experience with various things (any of) you have.

Hej, EG sorry I couldn't help with the woohoo question, I saw it last night but as I don't have that module I nothing about how it works.
    I agree with you on the progression question as MCCC can do so many things regarding story progression, it's always nice to know what that player has in mind with how they would like there game "work".

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2016
    Have quite a lot of posts to catch up with and thunder struck on our internet-reciever.... However, I can confirm that Woohoo is for the active and Pregnancy is for the passive. I know because of all the things I have asked DP about that thing stuck with me :-)

As to the more philosophical question: I think both the game and the mod is run mainly on alarms going off and not. Changes to marriages, pregnancies etc do only occur when the alarm rings. Nothing in between. So nothing could be read between the lines and no relationship will evolve. This said, I have on occassion had Sims form pink relationships out of the blue and I have not for the life of me been able to track it to where it stems from. So who really knows? *shrug*
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member

Any autonomous woohoo is affected by Risky woohoo whether it includes an active Sim or not. If you're on a lot and two NPC's autonomously woohoo, Risky Woohoo rules apply to them. So do all the regular pregnancy rules, though. There's a list of what affects Risky Woohoo/Try for Baby on the main MC Woohoo page.

NPC's do nothing when you're not playing them. There is no skill progression, no career progression, no relationship development. That said, if NPC's are doing things on the active Lot that your active Sim is on, things progress. If they're exercising on the treadmill, their Fitness skill is going-up. If they're talking to other Sims, they are getting relationship increases, etc. That's why EA added the relationship culling code, really, I think is to delete all those relationships between NPC's that don't add anything to the game but they do impact performance and save-file size.

Careers don't go anywhere for NPC's and can even be switched for other careers when the core logic feels it is a higher-priority for the Sim to work in another job.

What you see for your played households when you switch back is the norm. You can have some new relationships if your played household was on an active lot with your active Sim and NPC's are interacting with them. You can go back to the played household later and find several new relationships started with various NPC's. Usually, they have no significant progression.
  • Options

Sorry it took me all day to respond. I didn't get a notification that I had a response for some reason...

Gosh that is so disappointing to hear that nothing really goes one with NPCs. I don't know where I got the idea that they actually did stuff. :/ I was apprehensive about the pregnancy and population mods. When I first started using them they were producing more marriages, pregnancies, and move-ins than I wanted and though I made adjustments to percentages it didn't seem to change much. So I removed them. I will have to give it another try.

I've had MC for at least a year but I specifically only used the woohoo part. I didn't care for the rest until recently. I've been playing the sims in general for at least 5 years. I got TS4 a few months after its release. I've stayed pretty confined to one household up until recently. Now I've been adding new households and attempting to create stories among them. My main interest as of recent was accidental pregnancies and I was hoping this would be possible for NPCs but now I know this isn't true. I must be losing my mind but I could swear there was a story progression box that could be "checked" in options. Maybe that was a sims 3 thing? Or I'm just imaging things in general. :p
  • Options
    hej again @kristinkelsey I know what you mean about getting hit with all of the pregnancy and marriage alarms it was too much for me as well but you can change the alarm days to your liking, I play normal lifespan the pregnancy alarms are set at mon, wed and fri, I changed my settings to wed and sunday only, marriage I changed to tue and saturday, if you still think that is to much you can just change your settings to one day a week.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    lilonesub wrote: »
    hej again @kristinkelsey I know what you mean about getting hit with all of the pregnancy and marriage alarms it was too much for me as well but you can change the alarm days to your liking, I play normal lifespan the pregnancy alarms are set at mon, wed and fri, I changed my settings to wed and sunday only, marriage I changed to tue and saturday, if you still think that is to much you can just change your settings to one day a week.

Hello again. I did change it to one day a week as a matter of fact but, it was still more than I wanted to see. I will probably just suck it up though. I'd rather have some sort of story progression than none at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    sorry to hear that even set at one day a week hit you that hard, I haven't been hit that hard after I changed mine, what other settings have you changed if any? I have mine set only married sims can get pregnant and the pregnancy age is YA only, just so that my sims don't have so many kids, I know you can change the amount of children you want I have that set a 2 but I would rather be safe then sorry so having YA only gives me 2 kids total that is if it's a single birth.
    As of now I have 204 sims in my game all made by me or born in game, if I think the pop might get out of control, I will either flag a YA before they have children as never have children or let them have one and while it is still a baby, I will flag both parents as never have children, this works for me anyway.

I hope you find something that will work for you so that you can enjoy your game.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    edited July 2016
    sorry to hear that even set at one day a week hit you that hard, I haven't been hit that hard after I changed mine, what other settings have you changed if any? I have mine set only married sims can get pregnant and the pregnancy age is YA only, just so that my sims don't have so many kids, I know you can change the amount of children you want I have that set a 2 but I would rather be safe then sorry so having YA only gives me 2 kids total that is if it's a single birth.
    As of now I have 204 sims in my game all made by me or born in game, if I think the pop might get out of control, I will either flag a YA before they have children as never have children or let them have one and while it is still a baby, I will flag both parents as never have children, this works for me anyway.

I hope you find something that will work for you so that you can enjoy your game.
    I had a wider variety allowed so that probably contributed to the large number of pregnancies, etc. I think I'll try following your lead and see where that gets me.
    Wow none of your sims are pre-made? That must have been a lot of work! I would like to do that myself. Ive sort of started working towards it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Well, I have been playing this save for a long time, so I have had premades but they are long gone, I think that there might be some of their grandchildren still in my game but not many :)

ETA, I like having my sims only and no townies, except the ones we need to fill certain jobs but then it's only a mail person and DJ, I don't have DO so i don't have those NPC's since I have so many sims in my game but don't play all of them, I leave a lot of them with no jobs and mark them as unplayed, the game gives them jobs when it need to, so joggers, bartenders, & barista's are all "my" sims, I like that a lot.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »

Any autonomous woohoo is affected by Risky woohoo whether it includes an active Sim or not. If you're on a lot and two NPC's autonomously woohoo, Risky Woohoo rules apply to them. So do all the regular pregnancy rules, though. There's a list of what affects Risky Woohoo/Try for Baby on the main MC Woohoo page.

NPC's do nothing when you're not playing them. There is no skill progression, no career progression, no relationship development. That said, if NPC's are doing things on the active Lot that your active Sim is on, things progress. If they're exercising on the treadmill, their Fitness skill is going-up. If they're talking to other Sims, they are getting relationship increases, etc. That's why EA added the relationship culling code, really, I think is to delete all those relationships between NPC's that don't add anything to the game but they do impact performance and save-file size.

Careers don't go anywhere for NPC's and can even be switched for other careers when the core logic feels it is a higher-priority for the Sim to work in another job.

What you see for your played households when you switch back is the norm. You can have some new relationships if your played household was on an active lot with your active Sim and NPC's are interacting with them. You can go back to the played household later and find several new relationships started with various NPC's. Usually, they have no significant progression.
    Thank you very much for this! I think I understand everything now.
  • Options
    Well, I have been playing this save for a long time, so I have had premades but they are long gone, I think that there might be some of their grandchildren still in my game but not many :)

ETA, I like having my sims only and no townies, except the ones we need to fill certain jobs but then it's only a mail person and DJ, I don't have DO so i don't have those NPC's since I have so many sims in my game but don't play all of them, I leave a lot of them with no jobs and mark them as unplayed, the game gives them jobs when it need to, so joggers, bartenders, & barista's are all "my" sims, I like that a lot.

Well that makes sense then. Up until very recently I had been playing with aging turned off. I used to get very attached to my household and neighbors. Things have started to get boring so I started adding new households and turned aging on. Should make things more interesting along with the pregnancy mod. :)
  • Options
    I too have a few that I can't part with so they never age, it's just that everyone around them does which is fine by me :D

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »

Thank you very much. :)

I would've been alright with the culling/relationship culling/even SOME relationship decay, if they would have only limited it to UNPLAYED sims. Not Inactive Played, too. Not cool.

Patch today guys, for nanny & lights:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/895410/july-26-patch-notes

AM update here. Running out of net time FAST this evening.
  • Options
    Well... Halfway there, I updated for the patch this morning. And jumped on the net. I guess Sims4 has given me TWO new obsessions, huh?

Haven't tried it out yet, I hadn't used a slide or met a nanny, so I doubt much changed here. Unless they snuck something new in... but let's not go there. I might be a little bit paranoid. Or a lot. :wink:

On the MC front... I checked there, and found this from Deaderpool:
    For a release update, I am in the final stages of testing for the next release. I haven't seen anything game-breaking happen lately so it's looking stable at this point. There's still a couple of things I have left to test and one of them takes some set-up so it's not like we're going to get a new update today or anything. Just letting everyone know it's on the horizon. Thanks!

:)

13's incoming. I'm looking forward to that.

(Maybe we'll get it before EA finds some other piece of glitter to emergency-patch. >.< I do love SGNick's patch notes, though... short, sweet and to the point. I wish he'd write them all! :smiley: )
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    hey, i dont get how u turn off relationship decay??
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    hey, i dont get how u turn off relationship decay??

Select a computer
    MC Command
    Other Settings
    Relationship Settings

There are two settings for friendship and romantic. Lower numbers slow the decay :)

You may also want to bypass relationship culling

Select a computer
    MC Command
    MC Population
    Other Settings

Culling toggles are there :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    DP posted something else I thought you guys might be interested in... I "broke the story" here... :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15055447#Comment_15055447

Thread about a new player trying to like/love the game. Let's don't take over that thread (although I kinda tried... LOL!), but if you want to give him new player tips, that'd be cool. :) MC IS my best new-user tip. <3

For the MC spin, come back to this thread. ;)
  • Options
    MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    edited July 2016
    DP posted something else I thought you guys might be interested in... I "broke the story" here... :)

Thread about a new player trying to like/love the game. Let's don't take over that thread (although I kinda tried... LOL!), but if you want to give him new player tips, that'd be cool. :) MC IS my best new-user tip. <3

I was just wondering when the next update would be. It seems like we had a rapid update streak earlier.

• Options

I was just wondering when the next update would be. It seems like we had a rapid update streak earlier.

Soon. Testing is under way. MAYBE sometime later in the weekend, but I would more safely guess early next week. He said one thing he's doing has some setup time (and probably passage of game time to get to/through what he's testing, I'd imagine).

Apologies, but I'm about to get a little soapboxy here. I've been thinking about this for days.

This weekend would be a *great* time for folks not all that familiar with MC's docs (Description page) to browse around and get familiar with where things are, how it's all set up, etc. Just a suggestion, but it's one I wish every player using MC would take to heart.

Some of it will change when 13 comes, of course, but the info will still have the same layout. Deaderpool's really done an AMAZING job on the docs for MC. And on MC (26 versions and counting!), of course... and answering comments on MC's page... 12,000 comments, it has.

The Search bar there is pretty cool. I found something the other day using it within 4 posts... to be fair, I kinda knew what I was looking for, so if you need THAT kind of help, picking the answer out of results, I mean, ask me. :)

Add to that, he has a family and a full-time job... very VERY busy man.

Part of the reason I started answering posts there was to give him more time for other things. THIS thread I mostly started for people who don't love MTS... but, depending on the questions asked, I still have to send some there at least to the mod's docs, or to comments to ask HIM. His playground, his toys.

I may know what a lot of the mod does, but he's the one who knows how it all works.

I'm just a fangirl. <3

There are things I can't/won't discuss, because they aren't my stories to tell.

I will NOT have him subjected to any extra stress that I can take care of for him. Cheerleader playing guardian angel, maybe... but I kind of feel like some people are believing he IS superhuman. He IS a super human being, but he's a regular man, too. Sometimes he gets TIRED. (Just like the rest of us.)

The last time that happened, me, the usually-rabid "drop it drop it" cheerleader... *I* flat-out told him to REST. BEFORE dropping 13, so he'd be up for troubleshooting after.

(I'm not sleeping enough for this to be a work week. Little old for it, too... I'm feeling it, but halfway done, weekend approaches which I love working through, so, bring it! :D Collapse penciled in for this week coming. LOL!)

We don't need to rush him. Update will come when he's ready to let us play with it. When it does, it'll be Choice, I'm sure. :)

He DID post an "incoming..." message, which is usually a very good sign, so I was glad to see that. From what he's said in the comments, it's been a pretty major overhaul on several MC fronts.

Including the removal of several MC workarounds because EA has been stealth-fixing bugs. I think that's pretty sweet news.

Anything I can do for DP, I'm going to.

(Including, if necessary, taking out the trash... I do enjoy there being no censor at MTS.)

/end soapbox

<3 you guys! :)

• Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member

Yeah, it's taken longer for 13 because the population rewrite change that I've added involves testing most everything in the game that produces Sims or at least as many of them as I can. The updates drop quicker when I add a lot of smaller/quicker things and when I am less busy in RL.

Like EG says, I have things going on and the fact it's summer and we have summer events happening as well are also impacting me.

Sometimes I also go to 50% Sims stuff in my free time and 50% other things (Netflix, playing a game on my console or on Steam or something else) instead of 100% of my non-work/non-family time going to Sims 4. I have to do what I can to not burn-out as well. I've been doing this for a year and a half now and I don't want to quit anytime soon. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Soon. Testing is under way. MAYBE sometime later in the weekend, but I would more safely guess early next week. He said one thing he's doing has some setup time (and probably passage of game time to get to/through what he's testing, I'd imagine).

Apologies, but I'm about to get a little soapboxy here. I've been thinking about this for days.

This weekend would be a *great* time for folks not all that familiar with MC's docs (Description page) to browse around and get familiar with where things are, how it's all set up, etc. Just a suggestion, but it's one I wish every player using MC would take to heart.

Some of it will change when 13 comes, of course, but the info will still have the same layout. Deaderpool's really done an AMAZING job on the docs for MC. And on MC (26 versions and counting!), of course... and answering comments on MC's page... 12,000 comments, it has.

The Search bar there is pretty cool. I found something the other day using it within 4 posts... to be fair, I kinda knew what I was looking for, so if you need THAT kind of help, picking the answer out of results, I mean, ask me. :)

Add to that, he has a family and a full-time job... very VERY busy man.

Part of the reason I started answering posts there was to give him more time for other things. THIS thread I mostly started for people who don't love MTS... but, depending on the questions asked, I still have to send some there at least to the mod's docs, or to comments to ask HIM. His playground, his toys.

I may know what a lot of the mod does, but he's the one who knows how it all works.

I'm just a fangirl. <3

There are things I can't/won't discuss, because they aren't my stories to tell.

I will NOT have him subjected to any extra stress that I can take care of for him. Cheerleader playing guardian angel, maybe... but I kind of feel like some people are believing he IS superhuman. He IS a super human being, but he's a regular man, too. Sometimes he gets TIRED. (Just like the rest of us.)

The last time that happened, me, the usually-rabid "drop it drop it" cheerleader... *I* flat-out told him to REST. BEFORE dropping 13, so he'd be up for troubleshooting after.

(I'm not sleeping enough for this to be a work week. Little old for it, too... I'm feeling it, but halfway done, weekend approaches which I love working through, so, bring it! :D Collapse penciled in for this week coming. LOL!)

We don't need to rush him. Update will come when he's ready to let us play with it. When it does, it'll be Choice, I'm sure. :)

He DID post an "incoming..." message, which is usually a very good sign, so I was glad to see that. From what he's said in the comments, it's been a pretty major overhaul on several MC fronts.

Including the removal of several MC workarounds because EA has been stealth-fixing bugs. I think that's pretty sweet news.

Anything I can do for DP, I'm going to.

(Including, if necessary, taking out the trash... I do enjoy there being no censor at MTS.)

/end soapbox

<3 you guys! :)

i don't mind waiting. my first mod experience might have been my last if you weren't so patient. i had bad timing so i had to update the day after. im still exploring 12.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top