Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pulling Weeds Glitch?

I played my game after the patch today; and when I directed my sim to pull weeds from the garden after he finished dinner he started pulling them from under the table! I had to stop him and click for him to go to a spot outside and then use the "weed" action for him to pull the weeds from the flower bed.
https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Your not alone.According to Rose you reset your folder and try a fresh save.Also remove mods and custom.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,660 Member
    Hello,
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

If you still have issues, start a new save game and test to see if the issues remain in that save game also.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Thanks, I don't have any mods and I'll try just restarting it. I might play tonight, but I haven't played since this post since I try to play more on my days off.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Hello
    Other simmers are having similar issues. The issue was fixed in a patch, but now has returned in some simmers games.

You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Re-OPENED-Sims-weed-objects/td-p/3582795/jump-to/first-unread-message
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    I also had this in my game. Its was only one plant he would be weeding from under the table. I found the reason why my sim was doing this, I used moveobjects cheat by accident when I was placing the Fruit and veg. Two plants was too close to each other. Once I spaced them out it was fine. My sim has had like 3 sim weeks of weeding and no problem since. Must be to do with Routing. Try to make sure nothing is in The sims kneeling area around the plant.
  • Options
    I also had this in my game. Its was only one plant he would be weeding from under the table. I found the reason why my sim was doing this, I used moveobjects cheat by accident when I was placing the Fruit and veg. Two plants was too close to each other. Once I spaced them out it was fine. My sim has had like 3 sim weeks of weeding and no problem since. Must be to do with Routing. Try to make sure nothing is in The sims kneeling area around the plant.

Hello.
    Thankyou for posting about how you fixed the issue in your game :) It is thoughtful of you.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited June 2016
    This happened in my game too, my Sim started weeding on the very spot she was standing when I selected the "Tend Garden" interaction and she only weeded one plant at the time. But when I later selected the "Weed" interaction, she did do it properly - not sure if it always works, may have been related to the fact that she was actually standing near the plant that had to weeded at the time, may do some more testing on that.
    Also, when she's in a club gathering with her gardening club (the Garden Gnomes) they keep saying there's nothing to tend while there clearly are plants that need weeding. I think it even happened when I selected the "Weed Together" interaction, so "group" weeding is broken too.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Is your house build with MOO
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Is your house build with MOO

No, it's a really simple starter, I never use MOO in my starters. I may even have built this one before we had MOO. And I've not used it on anything in this house since, also no testingcheats or mods or anything.
    My garden is a bit small in terms of routing, but all of this worked fine when I last played this save (that was late March - I've had the save in back up for a while, but wanted to use it for Dine Out, saves me from skilling up a Sim).

I'll see what happens if I rearrange my garden to be a little bigger.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    when i click weed, the sim starts weeding under the table or wherever he is standing...i have to "weed" each plant to make the weeds disappear and he will continue to weed under a table or next to the bar or wherever he is when i set the interaction..funny
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2016
    112061 wrote: »
    when i click weed, the sim starts weeding under the table or wherever he is standing...i have to "weed" each plant to make the weeds disappear and he will continue to weed under a table or next to the bar or wherever he is when i set the interaction..funny

ok ill test today to see if i have any issues with weeding. it would be helpful to know if you start a new game or just change households to a new one in town and test to see if the problem continues and if you have anything in your mods folder that you have pulled the whole folder out before testing.
  • Options
    112061 wrote: »

Hello @112061.
    Are your plants close together?
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    This happening to me on nearly all my lots as they all garden. I'm sure its not an mod issue its looks more like an animation/slot problem. It happens at certain angles, I've yet to try with the plants in the ground but I'm willing to bet it would be no different. Posted in the above link but really wanted to make sure it was being looked at as it is the most annoying bug when all your household are walking to weed under tables and the weeding option doesn't show on the plants with this problem.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    zap608 wrote: »
    This happening to me on nearly all my lots as they all garden. I'm sure its not an mod issue its looks more like an animation/slot problem. It happens at certain angles, I've yet to try with the plants in the ground but I'm willing to bet it would be no different. Posted in the above link but really wanted to make sure it was being looked at as it is the most annoying bug when all your household are walking to weed under tables and the weeding option doesn't show on the plants with this problem.

Hello.
    Perhaps check to make sure that there is clear space around the plants. If they are beside fencing or a wall, move them away because that can cause this issue. If they are close to each other give them more space between. Try these things and see if that helps.
    It is good that you posted in the thread in the AHQ ea site.