Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't mind the hair and clothing and so on but...

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2016
    The default is female pregnancy male impregnation. The sims in your towns won't have the option to go for male pregnancy unless you change it. I'd mostly suggest just not using the option OP. Leave it for those who like it! :)

It makes me very happy to know that it can be changed on an individual sim basis so that I can have one male be able to get preggers and the neighbor not be able to, or one female be able to make someone pregnant but not necessarily her other family members.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to disable this new feature, to be honest.

Trans people don't identify as "women who pee standing up", or "men who wear dresses", they identify as women. And as men.
    Why create a pre-op selfsim with mismatched features of both sexes, when they could create a post-op sim who has all the biological functions of the sex they've transitioned to?

Besides, I'm on another Sims board, and literally the first random townie shows up in a dress.
    1464897947688.png

Disabled for random generation, indeed.

Huh, I did wonder if there would be a blip or not.

I haven't noticed any townies like that myself yet, but since EA themselves said that townies shouldn't generate this way I can see them patching this if it is an issue.
    Makes me wonder, which part did they mean wouldn't get generate? The masculine/feminist? The clothing? All of it? Did they actually say which part exactly? o.O
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »

Trans people don't identify as "women who pee standing up", or "men who wear dresses", they identify as women. And as men.
    Why create a pre-op selfsim with mismatched features of both sexes, when they could create a post-op sim who has all the biological functions of the sex they've transitioned to?

Besides, I'm on another Sims board, and literally the first random townie shows up in a dress.
    1464897947688.png

I haven't noticed any townies like that myself yet, but since EA themselves said that townies shouldn't generate this way I can see them patching this if it is an issue.
    Makes me wonder, which part did they mean wouldn't get generate? The masculine/feminist? The clothing? All of it? Did they actually say which part exactly? o.O

I'm wondering that too now.

In context it sounded more like it related to the gender / pregnancy settings rather than the clothing but considering they actually gave us the ability to choose this time instead of just forcing random gender settings on players it I'd be surprised if the clothing was intentionally left unchecked.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

1464897947688.png

In context it sounded more like it related to the gender / pregnancy settings rather than the clothing but considering they actually gave us the ability to choose this time instead of just forcing random gender settings on players it I'd be surprised if the clothing was intentionally left unchecked.
    Ye. I believe its the masculine/preg thing that is the option, however I don't think that includes clothings :s
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016

1464897947688.png

Oh....

That's not good...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Hmm... could it be a cc dress?

You say you are 'on another board', suggesting that this is not an image from your personal game but you got it off another forum? Are you sure the other person wasn't joking around?

If this is true and townies really are spawning with the features, then I'm sure we would hear about more of them.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member

1464897947688.png

Ye. I believe its the masculine/preg thing that is the option, however I don't think that includes clothings :s

I'm hoping it is / was supposed to but something got missed before the patch went live.
    Otherwise it's two steps forward and one step backwards for EA.

Hopefully if this is a recurring issue and not just a random game blip enough attention will get drawn to it for EA to fix it. People shouldn't be forced to have to actively deal with content they don't want.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

You say you are 'on another board', suggesting that this is not an image from your personal game but you got it off another forum? Are you sure the other person wasn't joking around?

If this is true and townies really are spawning with the features, then I'm sure we would hear about more of them.

Might be the case.

One thing is for sure that pose is CC and not a normal in-game thing that happens.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

1464897947688.png

I'm hoping it is / was supposed to but something got missed before the patch went live.
    Otherwise it's two steps forward and one step backwards for EA.

Hopefully if this is a recurring issue and not just a random game blip enough attention will get drawn to it for EA to fix it. People shouldn't be forced to have to actively deal with content they don't want.
    True. I hope the clothing wasn't intended.
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member

Some people don't go "all the way" and some don't identify as a woman or a man. Maybe they got top surgery, but still have a uterus. They can be a "male" sim, but get pregnant and can't pee standing up. Maybe they can't get pregnant or get anyone else pregnant because they don't have a uterus or 🐸🐸🐸🐸. This way allows much more customization and more closely matches a trans experience than just making a man for a trans man. Plus, the "feminine/masculine body shape" option allows for a more or less obvious trans sim than just making a man or a woman.
  • Options
    CaronteCaronte Posts: 44 Member
    Don't make a male sim than can get pregnant then. Problem solved.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    As with any new feature, there are gonna be those who like it and those who don't. We're all entitled to feel how we feel but maybe this should be moved to the feedback section?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2016
    Just an FYI for those who are worried about the features.

tumblr_o862638TeJ1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

Link to SimGuruArvin's Twitter
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

Some people don't go "all the way" and some don't identify as a woman or a man. Maybe they got top surgery, but still have a uterus. They can be a "male" sim, but get pregnant and can't pee standing up. Maybe they can't get pregnant or get anyone else pregnant because they don't have a uterus or 🐸🐸🐸🐸. This way allows much more customization and more closely matches a trans experience than just making a man for a trans man. Plus, the "feminine/masculine body shape" option allows for a more or less obvious trans sim than just making a man or a woman.

All I know, is that if I were F.T.M, I would make self-Sims that were biologically female, since that's the gender I would identify as.
    I wouldn't want to reminded of the body I was born in, I would want to be in body I was born to have.

Honestly, there's a lot of people weighing in on this, but I'm yet to hear anything from an actual trans person.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

1464897947688.png

I knew it! Never trust maxis when it comes to the "disallowed for random" things. Just like the clothes in Sims 3, that plum bride veil!
  • Options
    All I know, is that if I were F.T.M, I would make self-Sims that were biologically female, since that's the gender I would identify as.
    I wouldn't want to reminded of the body I was born in, I would want to be in body I was born to have.

Honestly, there's a lot of people weighing in on this, but I'm yet to hear anything from an actual trans person.

Like I said, not everyone is "full" trans. Genderqueer, agender, demiboy/girl, etc - this way, the new functionality includes those, too. And, as a genderqueer person, I am loving this patch.
  • Options

I believe you either meant to say MtF or that the sim would be biologically male. FtM is someone who identifies as male and would be more likely to make a biologically male sim.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Might be the case.

One thing is for sure that pose is CC and not a normal in-game thing that happens.

Exactly.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

I believe you either meant to say MtF or that the sim would be biologically male. FtM is someone who identifies as male and would be more likely to make a biologically male sim.

Yas, opviously taht wsa a typo.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

You want to know?
    I started my transition from female to male 3 years ago, and I'm not going to make the operations since I'm ok with my body this way, just the changes made by testosterone. I never make myself as a Sims but if I had to, I would make a male, period. I couldn't care less for this patch but still, I'm only one. If people wants to play with someone like me let it be... I play with someone like them since the Sims 2

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    This thread is closed until I read through responses. :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2016
    I am re-opening this thread with the caveat that everyone be respectful towards each other. The discussion in here has been respectful of each others opinions (for the most part but we are watching) so please keep it that way.

Additionally: The team spent a lot of time trying to make sure that Townies would not be affected, as this was a very big endeavor we ask that if you do happen to see a Townie wearing clothing of the opposite gender please ping myself @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick or @SimQARobo. I'm not familiar with the particular dress shown in the image in this thread but please first make sure it is not CC before reporting it.

Thanks!
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I hear you.

I thought maybe my females could get alien pregnant by abduction now - no such luck that I have seen hehe - so the male pregnancy doesn't really effect me except when they get abducted...hmmm ( @SimGuruDrake )does that mean I can turn off alien pregnancy for all my males now if I dont want anymore? They seem to only choose the very sims I dont want getting pregnant at the moment - or is this just for sim to sim pregnancy via try for a baby?

As an aside I am loving the amount of new clothes for my female sims; nice fitting loose pants are all the rage in my game as of today. I might start playing more females now, right after I make an 80s hair band. :blush:
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I for one, love it, because now my s/s couples can breed and I don't have to randomize my luck with adoption kids who may or may not turn out nice or not.

As far as realness, ignoring the whole "you don't have to have a wimpy-unicorn-horn to be a man" aspect, this is a game where you visit aliens, get abducted/impregnated by aliens, and also can grow your own cowplant that you can sacrifice your neighbors to and drink their life essence.