The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too many aliens

So I'm not sure why but there are way too many aliens in my town. I mean way too many, like they're starting to outnumber human sims too many. Although I've never been abducted, I still don't like that there are so many aliens roaming around. Undisguised at that. How do I keep them on Sixam or make them stay disguised because I seriously don't like seeing them roam around the town so much. I'm starting to understand how people felt about Supernatural with all the random supernatural sims roaming about, but at least you could turn them off if you didn't like them. There seems to be no option to turn off aliens. So, I'm asking for peaceful solutions from the community. Otherwise I'll have to keep doing this...

LBnehA8.png

Help me save the aliens, otherwise it's not looking too good for them.

Comments

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    i actually havent seen an alien in my town... strange
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Quess_is_BakedQuess_is_Baked Posts: 129 Member
    @ChloeDeCookie Want to swap towns? You can have my aliens... what's left of them at least. I seriously don't know why there are so many. I'm not in the scientist career and I haven't contacted them with the satilite nor have I been to there home world. I mean I just built and upgraded a rocket ship but haven't actually explored space yet. They just showed up and started taking over...
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I've had quite a lot of aliens around all my worlds. It's annoying, especially when they vaporise your sims brains.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    @Quess_is_Baked i think i have only seen an alien once or twice..apart from when i went to their home world, its so pretty ^_^
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited April 2016
    Do you have Get Together? If you go to the alien night it spawns aliens, that's the only time I've ever seen any undisguised ones.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @BenjaminBankss Indeed, the brain frying is rather annoying. I'm just trying to figure out why there are so many in my game.

@ChloeDeCookie You're lucky, or unlucky depending on perspective. Their homeworld is very pretty tho, they should stay there since it's so beautiful... Eh, that sounds rather xenophobic, but uhm they seriously need to chill with their world domination plans. I know what they're up to, I know they're trying to take over the town. I know!

@Polyrhythm I do have Get Together but I rarely go to any of the nightly bar events. Before I , uh, "culled" the lot down they were everywhere. I opened up a store and all the available employees were aliens... It's like Mars Attacks, only it's Sixam and they're not attacking per say, just living their lives, but they gotta go nonetheless.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited April 2016
    I humanize all aliens using MC Command Center. Not a fan of supernatural characters/aliens whatever in my game.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    You can delete them in Manage Households.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @YankeesForever Wait, wut? You can do this? Like it's an option? Or do you mean you use MC command to edit them in CAS and turn them human?

@luthienrising True, I could do this. But some aren't actually living in the game or on Sixam apparently, they're kind of just there, transient like. When I do look at households and find one that I don't know and can't invite over for a "party", I visit them and give them the handshake of death.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    If you just keep killing them off the game will keep respawning them :( youre better off going into cas.fulleditmode and humaninzing them lol. You should be able to find them in manage housholds, under "not in world". I merged all my aliens into one household and made them look human so i dont notice them so much, and avoid alien night/scientist career so more dont spawn. If you want to get rid of them completely though, you'll probably have to go the mod route
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    @YankeesForever Wait, wut? You can do this? Like it's an option? Or do you mean you use MC command to edit them in CAS and turn them human?
    It's an option with the MC Cheats module I believe. If you click on the mailbox and select MC Cheats there's an option to humanize all of them
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I had this problem ... then it resolved.

if you have a scientist, or had a scientist ... the game creates a bunch of them, as aliens are tied to the career. If you don't have a scientist, the aliens start to dwindle and go away. It takes about three generations for them to be gone.

You said that Saxim is a beautiful place. It is. I wonder if that is what caused them all to spawn for you.
  • Options
    @sekojrana Eh, I kind of thought that would happen but I haven't played long enough for the game to start respawning more so I wasn't sure. It seems my original plan would be futile if it's like this...

@Polyrhythm Oooooh, ok, good to know. I'll try that next time I play.

@Gruffman I haven't been to Sixam yet on this play so I don't think that's the case. I haven't had a scientist on this playthrough either, but I saved my old mansion, which does have all the science career objects in it. Seems like a long shot but maybe that's why the game has spawned so many aliens.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    If you go to manage worlds then click on manage households . Click the drop down window and click 'not in this world'. There you will be able to delete them.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    My sim city is full of both aliens and ghosts. :( There is almost no human people in my game now :( I stopped going out to the bar nights, because when I do.. it has been nothing but ghosts, and or aliens. And if there are some humans, it is because they are using the disguise.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Instead of them nerfing aliens again which I was so sad about, I want a toggle option for life states. That way people who don't like ghosts, aliens, or whatever can check them off and it can be left for people who do like them like me can just keep it the way it is. I actually don't have issues with aliens in my game. Then again I'm really partial towards them, so I wouldn't mind.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I barely even get ghosts...I haven't had a townie one for ages
  • Options
    MugglebumpMugglebump Posts: 52 Member
    Too many aliens?
    Sounds like a job for Sigourney Weaver to me.
    If you got it, flaunt it.
    If you don't, flaunt it anyway!
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I'm guessing we'll probably get checkboxes for supernaturals when we get a supernatural EP, like we did in TS3.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Most of my aliens that came around without disguises came from Sixam. Have you been visiting lately? Maybe you can try avoiding alien hotspots for a while after wiping some out? The ratio of human to alien usually makes aliens a minority. Since there's only usually a set amount of people that are pulled onto lots, maybe they just happen to always be aliens? :s
    I think it's a bit weird there's like an alien invasion in your town since I barely get any that spawn regularly. The ones that even visit on a "tourist" day at the labs are always either my own or ones I left alone. There's only about 30? or so aliens in my town out of 600+ sims, and half of them are dead or about to be 'cause they're so old :joy:

I second @YankeesForever's note about MC Command Center, though. It seems like it'll help with your issue. It's very useful in not only monitoring your population, but also optional story progression. :)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Mc command can also force the disguise so you don't have to humanize them all the days.
  • Options
    I downloaded the cheat module for MC command but my game isn't updated so it won't work. Which is fine, because if I update a few mods I use won't work so I'll hold off on that for now. It's kind of a pity tho because there is a module for club progression that I'd like to try out but I need to update for it to work. I'll get there.

When supernatural is released there probably will be a way to turn off various life states, but until then since I don't want to update I suppose I'll have to follow the advice of managing households via the manage world section. I don't particularly mind the aliens in general, but when they're 50% of the population, something's gotta give. Thanks to all for the helpful advice :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,709 Member
    Hello.
    The link to MC Command Center is
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    What Aliens ?.
    Ever since the latest patch they have gone missing.I have done all the tricks except a mod.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,709 Member
    What Aliens ?.
    Ever since the latest patch they have gone missing.I have done all the tricks except a mod.

Hello.
    If you haven't done this already, try having your sims go to Alien night at the bar, and see if that brings aliens into your game.