The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So.. How do you get rid of these paintings in off-grid lot areas?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    I am sorry.
    Bert1701 tried doing it with a sim that had the klepto trait and was unable to it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14574274/#Comment_14574274
    Simmers were discussing about the painting issue in that thread.

Aww, that's a shame. :(

ahh, that is bad news.... Well maybe since this has been brought to light, they will do something about it in future update? The Xpack is fairly new and all, so maybe it will be fixed in the future. :l

I hope so! This issue is so annoying.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    The solution is to go to build mode and delete it
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member

You can't it is off world. It is not in a build grid.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    Could you enable cheats and shift+click on the painting to delete it?
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I don't think there's anyway currently save playing as the sim who created it. I've tried every way I could think of in the past and being off grid nothing worked. I personally don't even like the easels set up at places like the museum because it looks out of place unless someone is actively using it. I really wish in cases like this the developers would leave it up to the player to add it to the lot or not.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    There is a debug cheat "destroy object" that will get rid of an unowned unfinished painting.

Try "testingcheats on" > shift-click on the painting (not the easel) > destroy object.

You can also use that cheat on pretty much anything that sims leave around the common space. Like unowned books or prepared food. Or "claim ownership" if you want to add the object to your inventory to take home. Free books and food! lol! One of my sims who lives in the picnic neighborhood of Newcrest never has to make his own meals.

(You can definitely claim ownership on other sims' finished paintings, too, if that's not something already allowed in the game. I can't remember if it is or not.)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    @pixiejuice, I did not know that, thanks for the tip. I will definitely be trying that solution later.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    There is a debug cheat "destroy object" that will get rid of an unowned unfinished painting.

Try "testingcheats on" > shift-click on the painting (not the easel) > destroy object.

You can also use that cheat on pretty much anything that sims leave around the common space. Like unowned books or prepared food. Or "claim ownership" if you want to add the object to your inventory to take home. Free books and food! lol! One of my sims who lives in the picnic neighborhood of Newcrest never has to make his own meals.

(You can definitely claim ownership on other sims' finished paintings, too, if that's not something already allowed in the game. I can't remember if it is or not.)

These things only work with stuff in the grid area, these are objects off the grid. ):
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited March 2016
    The klepto trait is your answer. At least it works for the books that the townies leaves around.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    The klepto trait is your answer. At least it works for the books that the townies leaves around.

This doesn't work either. Sadly.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

This does not work as the easels are not on the actual lots around the world but are world objects placed by the devs. Going into build mode on the nearest lot just lets you edit that particular lot, not the areas where the world objects are.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    U can get the advanced debug mod, right click the painting and click destroy object
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    This needs to be addressed in a patch
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options

These things only work with stuff in the grid area, these are objects off the grid. ):

No, really, it works off the active lot. I swear. I tested it out just this morning to make sure before I posted this.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,723 Member

No, really, it works off the active lot. I swear. I tested it out just this morning to make sure before I posted this.

That's some cool stuff. I have to try that next time. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

Sweet. Thank you for this!! Even if I don't want to use the easels, it's good to know I can get rid of paintings on them if I don't like them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Are you sure you're not using a mod. I tried this in my game and I only received the same options with testingcheats as always. reset object and set object as head. None of which work on the painting. Nothing for delete, destroy or add to inventory.
  • Options

Are you sure you're not using a mod. I tried this in my game and I only received the same options with testingcheats as always. reset object and set object as head. None of which work on the painting. Nothing for delete, destroy or add to inventory.

I am using all sorts of mods, but these are supposed to be cheats that are in the game already. But perhaps try this one if it's not working without mods: http://modthesims.info/d/532735
  • Options

I am using all sorts of mods, but these are supposed to be cheats that are in the game already. But perhaps try this one if it's not working without mods: http://modthesims.info/d/532735

There are lots of cheats in the game, that's true. I use them all the time but I've never come across the outcome you've posted using "testingcheats on" although I've never tried it off grid til now and I can't get it to work. I just tried three different locations- lol. I may look into the mod but I hate for my game to get too loaded down with those. It's a hassle now if Maxis does a patch that screws Mods up and I'm left trying to figure out which one is the problem and then look for an update for it. (Shrug) Maybe the developers will fix it themselves in a patch.