May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Slash fans / Rock music fans out there?

Comments

• Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    @hannahvs3 His solo stuff im assuming? i know theres some he features myles kennedy (who i didnt realize was from altar bridge but i can totally hear it now), but there's never been anyone else mentioned or featured in the solo songs i heard so i assumed it was him. Eee maybe im wrong and hes not singing afterall hahaha
  • Options
    hannahvs3hannahvs3 Posts: 211 Member
    @Simpkin Can you maybe leave this discussion so the rock fans can talk about rock music? Cause that's why I made this, not so people can argue whether rock music is 'real music'. This isn't meant to be mean or something but this is just not the place to argue about this.
    Origin ID: hannahvs3 ~ 'I still love live records; as a fan of rock music- and I still feel like a fan first- I don't think there's anything better than hearing your favourite band live.' ~ Slash
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @sekojrana He has three solo albums now and his 2nd and 3th are with Myles Kennedy so Myles sings on those albums. Slash's first solo album is a huge collaboration with other artist but I don't think he sings on the songs, he only ever sings the 'Doctor Doctor' from the chorus of 'Docter Alibi'.
    Origin ID: hannahvs3 ~ 'I still love live records; as a fan of rock music- and I still feel like a fan first- I don't think there's anything better than hearing your favourite band live.' ~ Slash
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @NordicPhoenix22x i've never really been into motley crue, (or guns n roses, or ac/dc. Any of the iconic rocks bands, really. I know, shame on me lol) but i love what the members of those bands have been doing recently, with going solo or getting together and collaborating with each other. theres a lot of experience in their work, but its also really fresh. :)
  • Options
    @hannahvs3 oooh you're right! Haha i checked with wiki, and the songs i was assuming he was singing in was actually myles. I listen mostly on satellite radio, so usually it says when myles is featured but for some songs it doesnt so i just guessed it was totally him. My bad! They do make an awesome team, tho.
  • Options
    @sekojrana I agree! They have so much experience and they still keep coming with new material and awesome songs :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @sekojrana Yes they definitely do :) I saw them live in 2014 and it was the best concert ever!! I really hope they make a new record together so I can see them live again :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @hannahvs3 ouu im jealous! My live show experience is very little haha. I live on a tiny little island so bands rarely come here and because of the isolation thing it costs a fortune to actually get off the island and go to where the tours happen haha. Although, speaking of three days grace earlier, they actually did come here a few years back so i got to see them! The downside is the only music festival that actually got big rock bands here has been discontinued, so i doubt ill be that lucky again anytime soon haha my goal is to eventually make it onto the 3 day rock festival on the yacht, but for the life of me i cant remember the name of it haha. (Im sure itll come to me the second i hit "post" lol)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @sekojrana Sidenote: Are you allowed to say in which country you live or is that against the forum rules?
    Aww it sucks that it costs a fortune because the shows themselves aren't even cheap.

Edit: I searched for the festival yacht you mentioned but couldn't find it. Did you remember what is it called?
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @hannahvs3 i dont think its against the rules, ive seen people do it lol. And im from newfoundland, although i think even canada forgets about us sometimes haha. But yeah, the tickets alone can be pricey, lol maybe its a good thing we dont get regular tours here afterall haha id be broke! At least when i eventually do make it to a big show it'll be even sweeter i guess
  • Options
    I had to google where newfoundland is xp
    I'm from the netherlands but I prefer this forum over the dutch one. A lot of the big tours don't come in the Netherlands but they often come to Germany (I'm half german btw) so I'm able to drive to Germany if I really want to.
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    Ouuu the idea of a road trip to see a concert sounds like alot of fun, actually. Im in driving distance of nothing lol. But i can take the car on the ferry, and its about 8 hours (in good weather lol) to get to the mainland, so i might road trip one day! Haha, maybe hit up montreal and test out my horrible french lol. You're from the netherlands? Thats pretty cool! I can't imagine being surrounded by so many different countries and cultures!
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like all kinds of music, from country to rap. I listen to rock/classic rock and alternative the most though.

hannahvs3 wrote: »
    @sekojrana Sidenote: Are you allowed to say in which country you live or is that against the forum rules?
    Aww it sucks that it costs a fortune because the shows themselves aren't even cheap.

Edit: I searched for the festival yacht you mentioned but couldn't find it. Did you remember what is it called?

I think it's like Rock the Boat or something like that. If its the same one I'm thinking of anyway :)

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    @sekojrana I can't image living on a island where it takes 8 hours to go to the mainland :open_mouth:
    If you drive from the one side to the other side of the Netherlands, it only takes you 4 hours.

@sillyangel0906 Which bands do you like?
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @sillyangel0906 there's rock the yacht, and axes and anchors, but i feel like theres another one thats less descriptive that its on a boat via the name but i cant remember it hahaha (speaking of boats, i love your signature!)
  • Options
    sekojrana wrote: »
    @sillyangel0906 (speaking of boats, i love your signature!)

Thank you :)

hannahvs3 wrote: »

@sillyangel0906 Which bands do you like?

I like a lot, too many to name all. But I like Fuel and Breaking Benjamin the most presently. Back in the day (aging myself here. lol) I liked Bon Jovi, Poison, GNR, The Scorpions, and more. I listen to a lot of my favorites from the 80's still today.

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    @hannahvs3 yeah it can be pretty brutal. Haha, not to mention the poor souls that got stuck on the gulf for 20+ hrs last winter. Never take the ferry in the winter lol. Back on topic, though, it seems like this year is gonna be a good year for tours! Lots coming back from hiatus are touring right now. While i was googling to find that silly boat festival i stumbled on the line up to rock on the range, so at least i have some live coverage via the radio to look forward to haha
  • Options
    @sillyangel0906 ouuuu youre the first person ive heard mention fuel before! I love them so much! Haha hemorrhage has to be ones of my all time favourite songs! And breaking benjamin is my other fave haha! so happy theyre making new music
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    @DevilNDisguise i wasnt a fan of the human race at first, but its been growing on me more and more everytime i hear it. I do really like "i am machine" though, and the new lead singer of three days grace in general. ( i feel like he must also be the new lyricist tho, cos to me their lyrics seem to have improved lol. And saint asonia sounds identical lyric-wise to old three days grace, to me)

I've always loved Three Days Grace, so I was kind of nervous when Matt Walst took over. But I'm a fan of his other band, My Darkest Days, anyway, and he does do really well with TDG.
    I also love Adam Gontier's new band, so in a way it kind of takes care of TDG's loss of him, you know? In the end, I do miss him in TDG, but I still love both of the bands quite dearly. I think they're both doing really well.
  • Options
    @sekojrana So aren't you able to leave the island in the winter? Or can you go by plane or something?
    It's a bad year for AC/DC without frontman and I really wanted to see them :( I didn't really check what other bands are going on tour this summer.
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @DevilNDisguise honestly, i feel like saint asonia sounds more like TDG than TDG does now haha. I think adam has a really iconic voice tho, and hes definitely brought over his song style to his new band. I do think both bands are going to do well though, but i think TDG style is shifting a little, but i like the direction its going in :)
  • Options
    @hannahvs3 oh, that's too bad about AC/DC. And yeah, i can leave in the winter, but plane tickets are often over $1000 (its like, $600 just to fly from one coast of the island to the other, alone lol) and the ferry operates but if the winds get high at all there a good chance the ferry cant dock, so essentially youre stuck at sea until the weather dies down. That being said, the ferry is outfitted with cabins, restaurants and a bar but after 8hrs you dont wanna hear its gonna be another 8 before you can dock. But I dont have much reason to leave tho, anyway :)
  • Options
    @sillyangel0906 ouuuu youre the first person ive heard mention fuel before! I love them so much! Haha hemorrhage has to be ones of my all time favourite songs! And breaking benjamin is my other fave haha! so happy theyre making new music

I've been a Fuel fan for years. It's nice to meet a fellow fan! :) I feel they are a very underrated band unfortunately :( Whenever I mention them to someone, they're like 'Who?' I love them though ♥

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    @sillyangel0906 @sekojrana
    I'm now listening to Fuel - Hemorrhage and I knew in the first seconds of the song that I was going to like it! I will definitely listen to it more :)

Do you guys perhaps know the band 'The pineapple thief' ?
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @sekojrana Oh it sounds like a nightmare to me to live there.. Cause I really like to travel but since I'm a student (I'm going to university next year), I don't have a lot of money to travel.
    Various build challenge