Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you were given the chance to pick the next game pack..... what would it be?

Comments

• Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    We all have so many good ideas for a GP. I'd like to see a carnival/family oriented GP. Something that offers something for the family to enjoy or by your Sim self. I want to see everything possible in the game. As long as it's better than the previous games TS1, TS2, TS3
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited February 2016
    A Sports themed Game Pack is what I would like. With a Basketball Hoop, ability to play catch with a Football and Baseball, and a Soccer Goal. :)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    A FreeTime-like game pack.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Something that focuses on inter-family relationships. I think for a long time (since the beginning really) its been lacking. Other than love match type relationships, there's nothing really. You have children who can get homework help but can't play tag or hide and seek or anything like that, you have elders who can keep working or retire and wait to die but can't interact with their family other than just chat options. I'd love to see them rock in a chair, or knit for the babies, or color on the floor with the kids or something! Give them yard sales to go to maybe? And teens, they need proms and after school activities and hobbies. Maybe comic book drawing that actually lets them create comics to either hang on the wall or toss on the tables to read.

I miss hopscotch, and jumping rope and the like.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I expected Get Together to have more hobby sort of stuff, like the Sims 2 Free Time. So maybe something to make up for that. Or else something like the Sims 2 Stuff Pack Family Fun. Yes, I want a Generations EP, but maybe they could be released together.

And this is all assuming the OP did in fact mean Game Pack and not expansion pack, because my wish list is a bit different for that ;)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd pick a Hobby and fun Game Pack.
    Archery - and it would work with the Handiness skill, and collecting
    Sims will be able to craft various bows and arrows, not just buy them.
    And, arrows can be crafted with Crystals. Make Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond, Gold, Silver, Stone, tipped arrows.
    shoot apples off other sim's heads
    learn to shoot multiple arrows at once.
    Shoot the same target twice split arrows.
    sims have to craft/retrieve arrows, and only shoot arrows from inventory, no infinite magical appearing arrows.
    Sims can mis-fire and if a level 10 archer is with in range the arrow will go for them and they can catch flying arrows, before it impales them.

Soccer - make it so the soccer ball is just an object sims can practice with
    I hated the idea sims can only practice with a goal, and the ball would just magically appear. i want my sim to carry the ball with him and be able to practice tricks indoor or out.
    Dancing mainly sims can learn how to Waltzing and teach other dance moves, some dance moves in get together were okay, but not all.
    water volley ball - to give me a valid reason to build a pool.
    ultimate frisbee

and the game pack would fix cooking.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Restaurants for sure!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    I'd love more vacation spots! Going camping over and over gets a tad boring. I think fun destinations would be neat! Maybe a beach resort, snow resort, etc. I would also really love more craft-able objects for your home! I love making decor for mine then passing them on to other generations (Grandpa made that wooden dragon sculpture lol) like wall hangings, sculptures, ornaments, etc like the craft-able ones from the workbench. Maybe as Sigzy05 said, pottery!
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I'd like to see hobbies
  • Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    Considering the loading screen makes me HATE leaving my lot, I'd love to see a hobbies/family type GP.

They need more age appropriate skills and activities for each life stage, especially teens and elders.

Teens could have-
    -Driving (if they had like a vehicle SP)
    -Sports
    -Proms
    -other teen things (I'm drawing a blank) haha

Elders-
    -Quilting
    -Bird watching
    (from freeplay)

But also have more aspirations for them, because to me all of the life stages besides child run together. I can't complete all the aspirations as a teen cause I need a job.. I just really hope the next GP focuses on the families rather than a new destination or objects.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    More stuff fore the children/teens would be nice, since half of the day they spend at school where we can't play them.
    Proms for the teens sounds great! I'm still hoping to see slow dancing animation in the game (wishful thinking).

I don't want any more vacation locations, to be honest I don't even visit Granite Falls much with my sims.

We need more family stuff, having good relationships should matter more. I would like for the sims to be more picky about their friends. Also something unexpected could happen once in a sim's lifetime, like love at first sight, lost relative shows up, your sims come into handsome inheritance. It would be as unexpected as those alien abductions.

I like the cooking skill very much and the variety of ingredients, this indeed calls for restaurants in the game.

My most favourite pack in the sims 2 was the university, because it added another life stage and it was fun working towards the goals every term.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    @Maladi777 I miss the slow dance animation as well ! They should also bring back the"social groups" they had in ts3, nerds, jocks, gamers..that would go good with the clubs.

My personal opinion is they've pretty much slacked on the teen life stage, there isn't anything special about it. It's just there. If you see a sim walking past your lot, half the time you can't tell just by looking if it's a teen or adult without clicking on them. I feel like they thought noone would notice or care if the teens looked and dressed just like the adults and elders, but it bugs me soo bad cause I don't feel like their an actual teen.

sorry I'm ranting hha.
  • Options
    tpenney87tpenney87 Posts: 26 New Member
    Pets please! And please include rabbits!
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,842 Member
    edited October 2017
    With the "Cats & Dogs" expansion pack being released really soon I can think of/hope for a farming GP.
    Another great thing would be another vacation EP (maybe with a summer theme and swimming in the ocean, surfing, searching for shells, etc.).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Farming Game Pack
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Either hobbies, off the grid or tropical vacation.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Cars and transport.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    I would say family vacation and cruise vacations
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited October 2017
    A vacations gp or a school gp
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolves. We're getting the pets expansion soon, so we've gotta have werewolves for our next supernatural pack. And yes, I'd make sure that tails are available for their werewolf forms.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Celebrity GP
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Either a celebrity, hobbies or death related game pack. Missing the sims 3 version of night clubs, fame and fortune, id be happy with a pack which brought back the paps, the scandal and stardom of late night, with new sims to play, newspapers to read and statuses to crumple.

A death related genre would be funerals, graveyards, ghosts and being able to live amongst the dead whilst still maintaining your status as a living sim. Marry Grim, have a family with your dead lover, visit the parents in their Cosy tomb, hang out with the ghouls and zombies as they hunt for brains and take your skeleton buds to the bar on freak out Friday!
    You can also throw funerals and day of the dead properly, say goodbye or be shown that death isn’t the end for all sims. If you die after a long happy life you have no reason to return except for day of the dead when it’s time to check up on lil Timmy whose not so Iil anymore. If you die suddenly and perhaps angrily, you can haunt and take revenge until someone sets you free.
    Pets can see ghost and not be afraid, if a pet is to die strangely then they will haunt you either viciously or peacefully, if you own a cat...pretty sure there’s no difference lol.

For the hobbies pack it’s basically the sims 2 freetime with the florist option from open for business, however to make it a possible addition you give EA a reason to put a fresh spin on it such as maybe using it for medicine or each arrangement unlocks such and such and can be presented to the sim of your choosing. If I had to choose this packs main gameplay function it would be sewing. A choice of vintage or modern machines before setting your sims to work. Create a club around it, exploit your neighbours like I do with painting. Children cannot sew but they can watch mum or dad or grandma Betty knit. You can craft clothes or lil booties for toddlers, maybe even for babies if EA allow us to customize their clothes at some point.

These are just my thoughts but it would be nice to have freetime back, even a warped mix of everything as EA never really tend to stick to just one idea lol
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    University, with bands/drumkits and werewolves
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    [quote="Aussie_Simmer;d-878252"]As title suggests!

[b]If you were given the chance to pick the next game pack... what would it be?[/b]

I'd personally would like a city/suburban type of game pack that included different hobbies, new careers and new community lots.

Hobbies that were in Sims 2 and 3.
    Careers that haven't been made active.
    Community lots like the science centre, movie theatre, community centre etc.
    [/quote]

The Sims 4 needs an "Amusement Park" expansion otherwise it would be fun.