Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Street art skill can't be trained

I tried everything, but one of my sims just can't learn the Street Art skill...
I was trying to level it with the "Complete Skill Books" mod, where it can increase skills faster or instantly. The version I use is the instant one.
This was the first time I had an issue with it.
Not even the normal skill books or tutoring can help train my sim's Street Art skill.
Anything I can do? :(
Sims 3 & 4 sim creator and lot builder.
I love my sims and my lots equally. :heart:

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor mod help thanks!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2016
    That's odd, I could have sworn I posted to this thread earlier today. Hmm.

@HikariTenshihime - Probably the first step is to determine if the issue is really with your mods or the sim. Have you tried removing all mods, or maybe all except NRaas mods if you are an NRaas user, delete the scriptCache.package file, and see if you can get any StreetArt progress going on that sim without the extra mod help on what would be a test run of your game? (you don't have to save this or, if you do, perhaps a Save As so you can always revert to your original game with the mods back in place when finished...)

Also, as I'm not familiar with this mod and there are quite a few similar ones out there, could you identify whose it is and which one, perhaps the complete name, and is it from ModTheSims or someplace else?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    HikariTenshihimeHikariTenshihime Posts: 53 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > That's odd, I could have sworn I posted to this thread earlier today. Hmm.
    >
    > @HikariTenshihime - Probably the first step is to determine if the issue is really with your mods or the sim. Have you tried removing all mods, or maybe all except NRaas mods if you are an NRaas user, delete the scriptCache.package file, and see if you can get any StreetArt progress going on that sim without the extra mod help on what would be a test run of your game? (you don't have to save this or, if you do, perhaps a Save As so you can always revert to your original game with the mods back in place when finished...)
    >
    > Also, as I'm not familiar with this mod and there are quite a few similar ones out there, could you identify whose it is and which one, perhaps the complete name, and is it from ModTheSims or someplace else?

http ://modthesims.info/download.php?t=500201
    This mod.
  • Options
    Okay, it looks like that developer kept the mod up to date up through all the EP releases but unfortunately hasn't been around for a while to ask what might be happening here. It's possible your one sim has suffered some mild corruption.

But I would still be curious if they can gain the wanted skill the regular way, without the mod in place. You might also consider using/adding NRaas MasterController and the MC Cheats module to just grant them them level of the Street Art skill you want them to have without having to use the books to see if that works.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > Okay, it looks like that developer kept the mod up to date up through all the EP releases but unfortunately hasn't been around for a while to ask what might be happening here. It's possible your one sim has suffered some mild corruption.
    >
    > But I would still be curious if they can gain the wanted skill the regular way, without the mod in place. You might also consider using/adding NRaas MasterController and the MC Cheats module to just grant them them level of the Street Art skill you want them to have without having to use the books to see if that works.

I tried without mods and it didn't work. :confused:
    I find NRaas mods to be confusing...
    I remember I used them once. Only once. Just because I read it can raise the household limit.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    My suggestion would be to put Master Controller and MC Cheats in long enough to run the skill command once on your sim them take MC out again if you don't want to keep it. If the sim is not damaged, they should retain the higher skill level.

Nrass > MC > Advanced > Skill Level > Street Art > (set the level you want)

Sorry, not getting the confusing part. Every NRass mod and option is as documented as can be on our site, and there are FAQ pages for special things like playing overfilled households. We also have message boards where players can ask for help along the way.

For whatever reason, NRaas mods just don't appeal to every mod user but in this case there might not be any other way to assign the skill level you want to that sim.

Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > My suggestion would be to put Master Controller and MC Cheats in long enough to run the skill command once on your sim them take MC out again if you don't want to keep it. If the sim is not damaged, they should retain the higher skill level.
    >
    > Nrass > MC > Advanced > Skill Level > Street Art > (set the level you want)
    >
    > Sorry, not getting the confusing part. Every NRass mod and option is as documented as can be on our site, and there are FAQ pages for special things like playing overfilled households. We also have message boards where players can ask for help along the way.
    >
    > For whatever reason, NRaas mods just don't appeal to every mod user but in this case there might not be any other way to assign the skill level you want to that sim.

So I should be using those mods now?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

So I should be using those mods now?
    I didn't mean for it to sound like I was stating an absolute requirement. But without MasterController and the MC Cheats module, I don't know of any other way to attempt a change on your sim's Street Art skill as it's apparently not responding to any other form of progress. Although I will point out that two other NRaas mods work very hard to help prevent such corruption and fix it as its happening -- those would be Overwatch and ErrorTrap

And MC may not actually help by now if it happens to only confirm that the sim is corrupt and their skill in that category cannot be changed. But no one seems to be coming forth with other suggestions at the moment.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > HikariTenshihime wrote: »
    >
    >
    > So I should be using those mods now?
    >
    >
    >
    > I didn't mean for it to sound like I was stating an absolute requirement. But without MasterController and the MC Cheats module, I don't know of any other way to attempt a change on your sim's Street Art skill as it's apparently not responding to any other form of progress. Although I will point out that two other NRaas mods work very hard to help prevent such corruption and fix it as its happening -- those would be Overwatch and ErrorTrap
    >
    > And MC may not actually help by now if it happens to only confirm that the sim is corrupt and their skill in that category cannot be changed. But no one seems to be coming forth with other suggestions at the moment.

I will try those in a few hours then. I'm doing some other things right now.
  • Options
    @igazor I have downloaded almost all the mods on NRaas. :P
    I have fixed the skill. ^-^
    I think I added a bit too many mods though, because the game got a bit laggy. I wonder if it's because it was the first time.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Erm, I'm glad you got that skill thing fixed! But wait a minute, we have 39 NRaas mods on offer. If you add in Ani's, which we are also hosting, plus all the optional tuning files and optional add-on modules, that would easily be over 100 mod files. You added them all at once?

Some of them will only benefit your game by fixing things if you didn't have them before so most likely no harm done (Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, GoHere). Some of them look complex but really don't add much overhead at all, like MasterController. But StoryProgression and a few of the others can be a lot for an ongoing game to handle added all at once, that will depend on the size of your world's population and your computer system. Or were you really more selective than that? :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > Erm, I'm glad you got that skill thing fixed! But wait a minute, we have 39 NRaas mods on offer. If you add in Ani's, which we are also hosting, plus all the optional tuning files and optional add-on modules, that would easily be over 100 mod files. You added them all at once?
    >
    > Some of them will only benefit your game by fixing things if you didn't have them before so most likely no harm done (Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, GoHere). Some of them look complex but really don't add much overhead at all, like MasterController. But StoryProgression and a few of the others can be a lot for an ongoing game to handle added all at once, that will depend on the size of your world's population and your computer system. Or were you really more selective than that? :)

Selective. Only chose NRaas mods. And only most of them. Mods like the disease mods weren't interesting for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Well, when Overwatch and ErrorTrap "see" an ongoing game for the first time, they may well have much cleaning up to do in the beginning. Those will calm themselves down after a bit. StoryProgression is that one that can have a lasting impact on game performance but there are ways to dial that back if the impact persists. Depends on whether we are talking about a brief pause now and then or stutter and lag that is more intrusive to gameplay than that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > Well, when Overwatch and ErrorTrap "see" an ongoing game for the first time, they may well have much cleaning up to do in the beginning. Those will calm themselves down after a bit. StoryProgression is that one that can have a lasting impact on game performance but there are ways to dial that back if the impact persists. Depends on whether we are talking about a brief pause now and then or stutter and lag that is more intrusive to gameplay than that.

Slight lag when moving, and it showed messages like "<sim> was late for school at 11:37" while it was showing 16:23 or something on the time. Meaning it shows old messages.
    Is there a way to disable showing messages about inactive households?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > All Stories > and allow only the ones you want reported upon.

The messages sometimes lag behind when the game engine is overly busy.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > All Stories > and allow only the ones you want reported upon.
    >
    > The messages sometimes lag behind when the game engine is overly busy.

Oh, thank you.