Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Removed from Family and Completely Renamed

Hello,

I have had a family since I purchased and installed Late Night (with all previous expansions installed (NOT Stuff Packs)) in which I was performing an experiment (as I am often want to do with Sims).
The family consisted of a male sim and his wife, their daughter, her daughter, and her two children (son and daughter). So, I had four generations living in the household. The eldest male (who was still young adult, thanks to the Generations-era patch) was made using a downloaded sim from the Exchange. All others were made normally (CAS) or born in-game.
I recently purchased Generations and Pets expansions and was eager to see what new things I could play around with in regards to this family. However, much to my dismay, the eldest male was not to be found in the family list. Further, a sim who looked exactly like the eldest male, but had a completely different name, was in the master bed! Imagine the shock of the 'wife'!

So, my problem lies thusly: How do I get the eldest male back? Why did this happen? How can it be prevented in the future?

I tried using the backup, but it didn't have any sims in the family list (though all the sims were there, EXCEPT for the eldest male), and I even tried to rename and add the 'imposter' to the family, but the 'wife' knows he's not her hubby!
I'm not eager to restart the 4+ generation experiment all over (since it took me countless hours to get even this far!)...
Please help!

Comments

• Options
    David1grDavid1gr Posts: 4 New Member
    I just had a very similar thing happen. Sims3Fam went "Into the Future" for 2nd time , came home to present day but the Mom was removed from the Fam in the process and given a Totally new name (but same sim) .. she is with group in the front yard still but not associated with any family member anymore. arghhhh
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    David1gr wrote: »
    I just had a very similar thing happen. Sims3Fam went "Into the Future" for 2nd time , came home to present day but the Mom was removed from the Fam in the process and given a Totally new name (but same sim) .. she is with group in the front yard still but not associated with any family member anymore. arghhhh
    Similar, but probably not exactly the same glitch since ITF didn't exist yet back then when the OP posted.

Do your sims even know who this "new" sim is or do they at least recognize her if not as their mother? If not averse to using mods, you could use NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module also required) to fix her name and relink her to the family tree properly if she really is the same sim with the same history and everything about her.

Without mods, the best you would probably be able to do is revert to a save from before the 2nd trip to OasisLanding if you have one available. I'm not familiar enough with travel to the future to know if this is something that just happens, but likely NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Traveler, the usual mod combo for keeping travel running smoothly, helps to prevent it if it's not intended.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net