Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Change it back

I'm not sure who on the development team thought that having kids/teens lose their homework all the time was preferable to just having them put it in their inventory like they originally did. This change is terrible. You can got to any park and see homework laying around because the SIms don't pick it up anymore. What steams me about this, is that there are plenty of legit bugs that the team could be focusing on. Why are they wasting the time and resources to change something that was working fine to begin with, especially when the end result is WAY WORSE than the original process was. Just change it back. This was a stupid design decision. Sorry for being so blunt, but having to buy new homework every day gets annoying.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In some of my community lots they place homework on the only tables available, that is annoying to take another Sim there and no clean up system in the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    This was intentional? Good grief!
  • Options

Because it's a hybrid of open world and closed world there isn't a clean up system to clean up whatever Sims leave in the public spaces or on closed lots. If you see Sims doing homework you can bet it will still be there next week. I don't understand why it can't be cleaned up since this is basically a closed world system with not Story Progression to speak of and why the game can't clean those up. Or remind Sims to put it back in inventory before they leave. It's not TS3 system and shouldn't even resemble TS3 ( as in leaving stuff all over the world) since there are loading screens between lots.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What are you guys talking about?

This is a bug. In the beginning sims would put their homework into their inventories right after finishing, after a certain patch they started to leave it in the tables when they finish it. If kids and teens do the homework on their legs, on the floor they put the homework right bak into the inventory, almost 100% sure.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

This is a bug. In the beginning sims would put their homework into their inventories right after finishing, after a certain patch they started to leave it in the tables when they finish it. If kids and teens do the homework on their legs, on the floor they put the homework right bak into the inventory, almost 100% sure.

It's by design because little kids in my game have been leaving homework on tables in my game since day one. Especially the library in WC if I got there but haven't in months, and on any of my own built community lots since then. Can't have come in a patch it's always been that way.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's by design because little kids in my game have been leaving homework on tables in my game since day one. Especially the library in WC if I got there but haven't in months, and on any of my own built community lots since then. Can't have come in a patch it's always been that way.

Not for me it hasn't.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    When the game was released, the teens would leave their homework around, but the children always put it back, at least in my game. Then it got worse. I don't see why they can't fix it so they always put their homework back in their inventory when they either complete it or stop working on it.
  • Options
    When the game was released, the teens would leave their homework around, but the children always put it back, at least in my game. Then it got worse. I don't see why they can't fix it so they always put their homework back in their inventory when they either complete it or stop working on it.

I guess either way we can all agree that this is something that needs fixing. Hopefully in the next patch. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    When the game was released, the teens would leave their homework around, but the children always put it back, at least in my game. Then it got worse. I don't see why they can't fix it so they always put their homework back in their inventory when they either complete it or stop working on it. [/]

Same thing happened in my game. The teens wouldn't put up their homework, but the kids did. Ever since the patch before GT was released, it started doing it for both.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    My children have always put their homework back in their inventory. Teens didn't for a while but I noticed that they have been putting their homework back in their inventories again lately.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Because it's a hybrid of open world and closed world there isn't a clean up system to clean up whatever Sims leave in the public spaces or on closed lots. If you see Sims doing homework you can bet it will still be there next week. I don't understand why it can't be cleaned up since this is basically a closed world system with not Story Progression to speak of and why the game can't clean those up. Or remind Sims to put it back in inventory before they leave. It's not TS3 system and shouldn't even resemble TS3 ( as in leaving stuff all over the world) since there are loading screens between lots.

It has nothing to do with Open World or Closed World? What gave you that idea.

And there is a clean up system. Every wednesday.
  • Options
    simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    It happens to me all the time, too, but if my Sims lose a HW book, they're cheap to replace so I just buy a new one. If they're on a public lot (park, library, etc.) and I see an abandoned book, I just go in to edit mode and delete it. Easy peasy!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »

It has nothing to do with Open World or Closed World? What gave you that idea.

And there is a clean up system. Every wednesday.

Sure it does. Sims shouldn't leave objects in community lots and not have a clean up system (closed world system) that cleans it up next time you load the community lot. See the difference? In open world Sims leave stuff in open world community lots. In the Closed world system a clean up system cleans up a community lot and resets it to be clean the next time it loads.

ETA: The 'bug' I'm talking about is when townies or my own Sims on rotation leave homework in community lots. That is still in this game. Has nothing to do with putting homework in inventory at home. It has to do with others not being played whether your own or townie show up and do homework on a community lot and leave it. Happens everyday in my game if I play it.
  • Options
    LFBLFB Posts: 29 New Member
    I hate the HW books! My legacy sim family has a HW club that runs every afternoon for all the cousins to hang out and do HW. The whole dining room table is full of books after. Super annoying.