Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So the Sad Clown - just a painting?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
I guess we will have to wait and see, but I'm hoping this is more then just that.

EDIT: To clarify in the Sims 1 if you LOOKED at the painting, the tragic clown would pop out as a Sim.

Creepy yes, but entertaining!

edit 2:

Yet to be tested though...right? Maybe...just maybe it will come to LIFE!

Post if you've tested!

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    No it is only a sad sad very sad painting :(:'( ,at least for this patch
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Hmm remember what it used to be? :lol:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maybe this one will creep me out less...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It's a reference to the Sims 1 painting :)
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I remember that painting ahhh the Sims 1 what good memories
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I was hoping so too. I actually love the tragic clown.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Ummm......we know that ._.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's sad the clown was not introduced but since we got the grilled cheese aspiration and the other stuff I'm actually really happy overall.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I guess we will have to wait and see, but I'm hoping this is more then just that.

EDIT: To clarify in the Sims 1 if you LOOKED at the painting, the tragic clown would pop out as a Sim.

edit 2:

Post if you've tested!

Don't hope though, they already said you will only feel sad, nothing happens
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

edit 2:

Post if you've tested!

Don't hope thoough, they already said you will only feel sad, nothing happens

Yes but that might've been so nobody would use it and uncover the dark and sad secrets of the tragic, tragic clown
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I love that they brought this back. It will just give your sim a unique moodlet. I didn't read anything about the actual tragic clown.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Maybe this one will creep me out less...

Me too. I never used that painting.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I don't think they'd leave out a surprise NPC without hinting at it in the Patch Notes?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    Well... I would be very impressed if we got the Sad Clown NPC... But we all know that it's too hard to create it (so yeah, we only got a very sad painting) and we also know that the dark side of sims 1 will never be in sims 4 :(
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

No need to be snooty, not everyone will just know that. I personally hope it stays *just* a painting, that clown was way too creepy for me!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    No need to be snooty, not everyone will just know that. I personally hope it stays *just* a painting, that clown was way too creepy for me!

I'm not very fond of clowns... o:)

This is much worse though. D:
    tumblr_mzfuvqvvdi1qcga5ro1_500.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Evaliyn wrote: »
    Well... I would be very impressed if we got the Sad Clown NPC... But we all know that it's too hard to create it (so yeah, we only got a very sad painting) and we also know that the dark side of sims 1 will never be in sims 4 :(

I think they're bringing "the dark side" into the game now. Klepto trait is the first I've seen and I'm excited!
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

I think they're bringing "the dark side" into the game now. Klepto trait is the first I've seen and I'm excited!
    Yay dark side.
    star_wars_tribute__dark_side_by_drmanhattan_va-d9l9v76.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

#TeamStormtrooperCostumes
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

#TeamStormtrooperCostumes
    LOL and Ewoks and R2D2 for children although they would work better on *cough* toddlers *cough*.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited February 2016

I'm not very fond of clowns... o:)

This is much worse though. D:
    tumblr_mzfuvqvvdi1qcga5ro1_500.gif

This movie is pretty much why. I couldn't finish watching it as a kid. By the time I watched it as an adult, I had already watched Rocky Horror Picture Show. Then all I could imagine was Frank N Furter's outfit under that clown suit. Wasn't so scary after that.

Edit: Between Doctor Who and Stephen King, I'm pretty much afraid of everything.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    hahaha all of these StarWars references and I didn't even intend it that way! I mean the "evil" Sims! Like robbers, and evil children who actually do mean things haha
  • Options

Snotty = We already know that we are not dumb, get out of here you are wasting our time

I hope you know the difference between what you just try to make a problem out of and what I said .

Happy Simming :smile:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I don't think they'd leave out a surprise NPC without hinting at it in the Patch Notes?

Probably, but seeing as they tend to leave out minor but important changes in the patch notes lately, who knows? Personally, I'm not a fan of clowns and never liked the sad clown painting in TS1 - or the clown painting from TS2 for that matter:
    BAuO8Yd.jpg
    It's a good thing we had custom paintings in TS2, otherwise my Sims would paint nothing but that and the abstract colourful grid thingy.
    *hopes for custom paintings in TS4's next patch*
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options

Also, btw it was obvious he wanted to tell the OP but he already knew that so that's why I commented what I commented. If he was trying to inform others granted it would be something like that "Hey for new simmers, the clow we are talking about is a refrence from The Sims 1 :smiley: "

I hope you finally understand what I said from the beginning because my intentions were obvious from the get go -_-

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?