Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    qrlcode wrote: »
    Er... movie hangout. *jaw hits desk*

It looks more like a car-less drive in to me

Looks like a pathetically small screen for a drive in, to me.

I knew I could count on you.

I simply couldn't resist :)

Well I saw a cute tweet someone posted.

That guy should change his name to @funatparties

So do you know that they won't forget? Not everyone uses mods and a lot of people are reporting situations where a Sim sitting next to another one can just lose their relationship. One Dad forgot his child.

It's a glaring issue that needs to be fixed. I know. However, the stuff pack team aren't the ones fixing it. Not every thread needs to be an excuse to remind everyone about culling or other problems, that's what the bug section is for.

Now can we please talk about the super cute cactus clutter item?

CYD_EkGW8AAUTof.png

That's adorable. I really wanted some new book-y clutter (what a silly specific want, huh?).

ME too!
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    As I think about it more and more I see this working as a stuff pack!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    That hairstyle that Lucy Hale leaked is in this pack.

True! BUT I haven't seen the one in the Christmas trailer in here....hmm.....

The male one? Hmm, I forget what it looks like haha.

Yes :)

My-new-video-project83.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    If we had the ticket machine in Get to Work we would have been able to have our own home theater business. I'm still not over how retail sucks in TS4

But running a Home Theater isn't Retail. Retail is shops. Nothing else.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    What about this hair? <3 Finally!

Sem%20tiacutetulo_zpsmcwkcl6j.png

a hair i know i will never use and long hair for male sims that is totaly inapropriate male sims hair should be 1 way and its short hair if some simmers like that find its there taste but in my opinion it is inapropriate du to the way i was raise

How is it innapropiate? I mean , yeah my mom would kill me if she saw me with a guy like that cause they look messy and i personally dont like that, but hey im picky.

However i love this style for artistic sims. I play with stereotypes in this game and i love having unique sims and this is great for that.

She said it was inappropriate for her due to the way she was raised so we should just accept that.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited January 2016
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Ok what exactly is in this? A bigger tv screen wit some popcorn animations? Ok the popcorn is nice and all, but i prefer them making a free time gamepack of EP with these in it aside from a lot of other free time stuff..

I wonder if these movies they can watch are even different than from the regular tv channels. Can we also throw movie nigt parties? Probably not..

Yes, they are different from the TV channels. There's also a lot of new animation in the watching - it's not just same as a bigger TV. But you'd know that if you watched the short trailer and read the short blog post ;)

We can already have house parties and direct groups to do things and, with GT, make clubs. Even more themed parties with new goal systems. aren't needed to throw a party and watch movie.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'd buy this today if it were released. :) It fits in a lot of aspects of the game, especially if you have all the packs so far. An outdoor movie area at Granite Falls, a home theater store for retail in GTW, a movie watching club in GT, a romantic movie and a massage from Spa Day, etc. There are already theater lots on the Gallery that you can adapt for this too. I seriously can't wait.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited January 2016

Wow, somehow I missed that dark hair style! Good eye Sigzy!
    Totally missed those beautiful (and blatantly obvious... what the heck Ceres lol) lanterns hanging from the tree. They're beautiful! I want them NOWZ! lol
    Capture16.jpg

I'm liking the clothing a lot, especially this shirt, which I think would look nice on a medieval farming sim as well. I like everyday wear like this, that can fit into different historical time frames. I could totally see this top working for a lot of different scenarios.
    Capture20.jpg

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    That hairstyle that Lucy Hale leaked is in this pack.

True! BUT I haven't seen the one in the Christmas trailer in here....hmm.....

The male one? Hmm, I forget what it looks like haha.

Yes :)

My-new-video-project83.png

Thanks. Maybe it's in the game pack.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

So do you know that they won't forget? Not everyone uses mods and a lot of people are reporting situations where a Sim sitting next to another one can just lose their relationship. One Dad forgot his child.

It's a glaring issue that needs to be fixed. I know. However, the stuff pack team aren't the ones fixing it. Not every thread needs to be an excuse to remind everyone about culling or other problems, that's what the bug section is for.

CYD_EkGW8AAUTof.png

I wasn't saying the SP team would be the ones fixing it. I'm just asking a valid question about the stuff pack so it is a valid post concerning this new pack. If I would buy the pack and have a group of Sims together would they be a victim of the relationship culling? If that's the case I don't see the point in getting the stuff pack until it's fixed. Why go to the movies with a friend and then have to be reintroduced when the movie is over?

Maybe the patch fixes the issue -- or at least you have to be away from the person a bit longer to have the relationship decay so much you forget them?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    the-sims-4-movie-hangout-stuff--official-trailer-0902_24188467826_o.jpg

I love these puff seats :) I think they're called poufs?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Totally missed those beautiful (and blatantly obvious... what the heck Ceres lol) lanterns hanging from the tree. They're beautiful! I want them NOWZ! lol
    Capture16.jpg

I'm liking the clothing a lot, especially this shirt, which I think would look nice on a medieval farming sim as well. I like everyday wear like this, that can fit into different historical time frames. I could totally see this top working for a lot of different scenarios.
    Capture20.jpg

I'm loving those jeans. Very 70's
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »

I agree. It's too small for a drive in. It does look like something one of my neighbors has, though. In the summer, they put it up in their yard and show kid movies.

You could after all use the cheat to make it larger, it's not same thing but if you want to be creative or really want that drive in that will have to do at least for now :p

Excellent point though I always have trouble re-sizing things since I'm such a klutz. Though without cars a drive-in is kind of pointless. BUT it would be fun to have an even bigger screen. I hope the move shows as clearly when it's enlarged. I'll give it a try.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    "This new object is much more than an oversized TV – it’s loaded with ten original films to watch, from action and comedy to romance and horror. There are even two family movies in case your Sim wants to catch a flick with their kids. Each tells a unique tale, and you’ll be captivated alongside your Sims as they gasp in shock, cry over tragedy, and share a good laugh at the perfect punchline.

Movies may be best experienced as a group viewing under a night sky, but that’s not the only way to enjoy the new films. You can always retreat to your den of solitude and watch these flicks on your TV, if you’d rather enjoy a more intimate environment."

Love this!!! I want to watch the movies. hahahaha I know they'll use TS3 to create their movies, and I'm dying to watch them. I have always enjoyed how each installment uses the previous game to create the TV shows, and I can't wait to check out the horror flicks that they make.

Capture16.jpg

Capture20.jpg

I saw those too! hahaha They have epic flare! LOL
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    SoapSuds wrote: »

CYD_EkGW8AAUTof.png

I just love the picture of the three sims, with the two looking scared, while the other is laughing at the other twos' reaction. Reminds me of when I watch horror movies with friends. It may sound mean, but as a horror movie fan who never gets scared while watching them, I find it funny to see the reactions of others being scared while watching a horror movie. I don't tease people for being scared of them; I just find the reactions funny, for some reason.

So yeah, the picture is fun.

I'm always the one wimpering behind my hands ready to squeeze them shut over my eyes when the scary music swells. :P

Just remember, I'm not laughing to be mean!

Also, looking back, I do love the table. Love the color of it.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

CYD_EkGW8AAUTof.png

I wasn't saying the SP team would be the ones fixing it. I'm just asking a valid question about the stuff pack so it is a valid post concerning this new pack. If I would buy the pack and have a group of Sims together would they be a victim of the relationship culling? If that's the case I don't see the point in getting the stuff pack until it's fixed. Why go to the movies with a friend and then have to be reintroduced when the movie is over?

Maybe the patch fixes the issue -- or at least you have to be away from the person a bit longer to have the relationship decay so much you forget them?

The relationship culling just started with the last patch.....along with not fixing the old (making your Sims disappear)culling issue. I have seen people reporting there is no time frame on forgetfulness.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    I don't like how this would fit perfectly in Get Together but yet they chose to release it in a separate SP. Gotta milk this cow dry, I guess. I hope at least the interaction of watching a movie together is available for all TVs and not just those huge new ones.

EDIT: However, kudos to the team for making the sims eat the popcorn with their actual hands and not reuse the animation of eating from a bowl with a spoon. Like they did with kitchen stuff and made sims munch on ice cream (instead of licking it) like they are eating a hotdog.

Anything from now on could technically be in Get Together, because Get Together can have groups about anything.

However, the Expansion team work separate from the Stuff Pack team, so they will have different ideas.
  • Options
    @leo3487 wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »

OH MY GOD! I need a SIMS NEWSLETTER!!!!! HOW COME I'M ONLY HEARING ABOUT THIS NOW!!!!??? I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE TRAILER WHAT'S NEW???

OK I'VE SEEN IT! This pack looks like it's so much fun!!! Finally something new and good, and different in a good way! :) So can sims watch actual movies now? Like in TS2?

Finally a pack out of the PARTY HARD

Only 2 packs had party stuff. 2/9 packs being about partying isn't bad.
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I want to make a bohemian hippy cafe with a movie theater in the second floor :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @leo3487 wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »

OH MY GOD! I need a SIMS NEWSLETTER!!!!! HOW COME I'M ONLY HEARING ABOUT THIS NOW!!!!??? I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE TRAILER WHAT'S NEW???

OK I'VE SEEN IT! This pack looks like it's so much fun!!! Finally something new and good, and different in a good way! :) So can sims watch actual movies now? Like in TS2?

Finally a pack out of the PARTY HARD

Only 2 packs had party stuff. 2/9 packs being about partying isn't bad.

Don't forget the Digital Deluxe DLC - Life of the Party and Up All Night
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member

CYD_EkGW8AAUTof.png

The relationship culling just started with the last patch.....along with not fixing the old (making your Sims disappear)culling issue. I have seen people reporting there is no time frame on forgetfulness.

So it happens within the timeframe of playing one household and not leaving that lot?
  • Options
    aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    This pack looks interesting, but I wish they'd gone all of the way and made a cinema venue with proper seats, ticket machine, a snack bar run by an NPC, etc. Even if it had to be incorporated into a game pack or an expansion pack to flesh it out that much. Still, it looks like it might be fun to play around with, especially with the group function to make them all watch movies at once. I need issues like relationship culling to be fixed before I consider investing any more money into this game though.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    "This new object is much more than an oversized TV – it’s loaded with ten original films to watch, from action and comedy to romance and horror. There are even two family movies in case your Sim wants to catch a flick with their kids. Each tells a unique tale, and you’ll be captivated alongside your Sims as they gasp in shock, cry over tragedy, and share a good laugh at the perfect punchline.

Movies may be best experienced as a group viewing under a night sky, but that’s not the only way to enjoy the new films. You can always retreat to your den of solitude and watch these flicks on your TV, if you’d rather enjoy a more intimate environment."

Love this!!! I want to watch the movies. hahahaha I know they'll use TS3 to create their movies, and I'm dying to watch them. I have always enjoyed how each installment uses the previous game to create the TV shows, and I can't wait to check out the horror flicks that they make.

Capture16.jpg

Capture20.jpg

I saw those too! hahaha They have epic flare! LOL

Im seriously in love with CAS. Thats why i keep playing this game haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I want this entire scene in my game! >.< ::squee:: Two stuff packs in a row that are totally up my alley. This means the next one is going to be a Miley Cyrus bedroom pack, (or something equally abhorrent to me lol) because there is no way I'm going to get this lucky 3 times in a row. ROFL
    CYDoHirWwAAnPGC.jpg

P.S. No offense to anyone who enjoys Miley. <3 lol Different strokes for different folks and all that!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I like it but I have some complaints already.

-Why is there no movie theatre venue? That's a huge wasted opportunity.
    -The only people with a theatre sized screens in their home are rich people so this falls under another "luxury" pack.
    -The popcorn maker looks like the ice cream maker. I would have preferred the more old fashioned theatre styled popcorn makers but oh well.
    -And now I want cars for the first time ever for a drive thru theater but again no venue.

I am loving those little bean bag chairs (or whatever they are) they are so cool. And the ceiling lights were beautiful. And it looks like there's a tree with dangling lights so EEEEEE!!!

I rate it 7/10 buttered popcorns. I'm more interested in the build mode content than the home movie system.

LR3g0ni.jpg