Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ugly Babies?

Dont you guys think EA makes sort of ugly babies? In my opinion I think the babies in the Sims 4, and all the games before were sort of ugly. By the way this does not include toddlers, I found toddlers to be cute but I know people found them to be ugly as well.
Hi, my origin ID is Jokersandwich. :#

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think they are okay and that each of the looks has suited the games they were in. They aren't babies for very long though so I don't think a lot of detail needs to go in to them. I definitely like babies with legs again though.

Toddlers in Sims 2 were cute! I think they will be in 4 too.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love the babies in the sims 4! I think they are adorable, especially their little cry. I'd love to see more content for babies like a stroller, new outfits, change table, play mat etc.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I love the babies in the sims 4! I think they are adorable, especially their little cry. I'd love to see more content for babies like a stroller, new outfits, change table, play mat etc.

I love their little cry this time too. Much easier on the ears!
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    They're pretty cute, I'd like it more if it was an actual Sim, and not semi-functional decor.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @CreoleSim wrote: »
    They're pretty cute, I'd like it more if it was an actual Sim, and not semi-functional decor.

They were objects in The Sims 3 as well, which is why you could download CC babies (really weird).
    It's not so much them being objects that's the issue, it's what we can do with them that matters.
  • Options
    PunkyMonkey101PunkyMonkey101 Posts: 53 Member
    Lmao alright @06Bon06 , I wouldn't necessarily consider them to see demonic, unless if they are going through that demonic baby glitch (if thats still a thing), but you are certainly welcome to express your opinion on the matter. And I get what you mean @fullspiral , I guess EA just doesn't care to put much effort into baby's since they technically just lay down, sleep, and cry. But yah I really like the fact that they have legs to as well! @"Ponder the Sim" I wish baby's had more gameplay too, and @CreoleSim I feel like they are a bit like semi-functional decor as well.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k I get what you mean but I guess because theres only one crib you can chose from for Sim babies and there are no toddlers to look forward to after babies have grown up in the Sims 4, I feel a bit differently (in a bad way) towards Sims 4 babies as apposed to Sims 3 babies.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Have you seen real life babies? :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    yah lmao @DeKay
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I think they'e cute, human or alien really. Now if you want ugly, there are deformed glitched babies I remember seeing about the interwebz long ago. Of course, it is in the eye of the beholder.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    I don't normally play with the babies but sometimes when they stay still and stare at you it seems creepy but okay sometimes they are cute.

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    AleksendruckenAleksendrucken Posts: 38 Member
    I don't understand how anyone can like their crying/screaming, it's so horrible to my ears :P
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Some of the babies are really cute if you have the right Cc for them :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    The babies in The Sims 4 all look the same to me (except their eye/skin colors). I would have liked genetics to play in a bit more but I'm not a huge fan of the babies in The Sims anyways.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I think they all look the same too @Cloverrea

And since they are objects, I just have this image in my head of them all coming off a production line. To me, they are spooky and not at all cute. And alien babies are even worse. Their skin is like shiny spandex.

Plus... I know babies have chunky legs sometimes, but I think they went a bit overboard on these.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I think they all look the same too @Cloverrea

And since they are objects, I just have this image in my head of them all coming off a production line. To me, they are spooky and not at all cute. And alien babies are even worse. Their skin is like shiny spandex.

Plus... I know babies have chunky legs sometimes, but I think they went a bit overboard on these.

The chunky legs are SO cute!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @CreoleSim wrote: »

They were objects in The Sims 3 as well, which is why you could download CC babies (really weird).
    It's not so much them being objects that's the issue, it's what we can do with them that matters.
    Objects with need bars? And though I'm not sure (far from a CC expert) I can't imagine you can download an entire baby for 3. CC for babies yes, but the entire baby? Including the need bars? I do agree you can do a lot with babies in Sims 4 though.

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I liked the sims 2 babies better
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited January 2016
    Well if you zoom in on them, they're are weird. But i think they are ok for what i can see. I dont zoom in into things like crazy to see every detail that i normally wouldnt see. if they look good on the pics i take, i think they are fine. Sometimes they feel a bit soulless, yes! But they are just fine.
    Post edited by SimsFur on
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016
    I think the debug object baby is creepy, the animated one is pretty "normal" looking to me. Though i do use default replacement cc to change the babies in my game to make them look better. All the babies do look the same though with the exception of skin color and the 2 outfits they come with.

The babies in all the sims games are very generic and fit to the art style of each game, so it's "whatever" to me. My only issue with the babies in this game is that they really do feel like objects as they are so limited. They actually got worse after 2 games rather than better.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2016
    Sims 4 babies I think are the ugliest of the series and badly need CC help. I even liked the Sims 1 babies better. My favorite and the cutest babies are in the Sims 2. It annoys me how babies are a confined object again.

Anyway first thing I thought when I saw the babies is how much they reminded me of the plastic Barbie babies.
    1edfe7b06a1ef8b806a85facfef6e518.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited January 2016
    That is my only gripe with the babies where they're acting as objects. I mean I'm glad there's some interaction with them, but 'tying' them down to the bassinet is kinda cruel. At least be able to have two of the things so we can move the baby up and down the stairs. I tend to have to act as mommy overlord when there's a new baby and everyone else is downstairs and can't hear them. Sorry for the slight rant.

Back on topic, (and I swears it's only coincedence that I've been talking about them all day XP ), but I think I find the alien babies a bit cuter. I think it's the eyes. Other than that they're not much different than a normal baby...well...except in crying. You think a normal baby can cry? If you're someone not used to them, their cry will drive you insane.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    TS2 babies then TS4 babies then TS3 and then TS1 babies.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    TS2 babies then TS4 babies then TS3 and then TS1 babies.
    TS2 > nothing > nothing > TS3 (especially with little CC legs and hair) > TS4
    I don't know TS 1 babies. Freeplay babies are on top though, gameplay wise, sorry to say.
    5JZ57S6.png