Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Greetings and Salutations!

A good Sunday morning/afternoon/evening to all and hope that you're having a fun, relaxing day with family, friends and of course, your Sims.

Now to catch up some of your posts and stories.

@MunnieSims: Once again welcome back to the thread and I look forward to seeing your new stories and meeting your Sims

@mastressalita : Just starting reading your cat chronicles and they are very well written and fun to read. Hope you're having a great day.

@SilentWolf101 : Hope you're having a great day and look forward to more additions to your stories. At least I'm caught with one blog.

@Socallucyfan : Good morning and welcome once again to our thread and I look forward to checking out your blog when it's up.

@Simslover163 : Enjoyed the second episode of your talk show and am now stuffed with cupcakes, so may have a virtual tummy-ache later but they were delicious.

@IvoryButterfly : Hello to my dear Aussie friend, Hugs and please invite Brym to stop by, too as we would love to hear from him.

@dreamerz13 : A message to your computer and internet: Give poor Dreamerz a break so she can enjoy playing her Sims and a hassle-free time online for once!!! Hugs!

@CandyCadet : Very touching first two intros to your story and hope that your Sim is able to recover from his loss. Very well played slideshows to tell the story with just a few words and shows that pictures are better than 1000 words.

Guess that's everyone from the current page. Welcome to any newcomers who visit today and to everyone else greetings.

Silver
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @SilverDaybreak XD Thank you, and hope you have a great day as well!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Guys :)
    How's it going?

Sorry for a little bit of self-promotion here, but my story that's been on hiatus since August (I only had 5 chapters, but still :tongue:) is coming back on Monday! :) I made a little teaser trailer for the occasion ;)

:)
    @CitizenErased14 aw, that video was cute :)

lasummerb wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any urban stories?
    @lasummerb What do you mean exactly by urban?

I also just posted the newest chapter (10) of Mistakes.
    We have a new suspect! :D
    PC10_3.jpg
    The post is here: https://simtowntales.wordpress.com/2015/12/06/chapter-ten-2/
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hey folks! How has everyone been? I’ve gotten back to playing which means there is writing to do! Woot! Here’s a quick chapter for today to get the Pruett’s week going. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-41-hanging-with-the-fellas/

Question for you all. Have you ever had a really great idea for a story, but then you suddenly realize it’s similar to someone else’s story? If so, what did you do?
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    MunnieSimsMunnieSims Posts: 235 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone! I really appreciate it. I will let you guys know when I start up my story. :D Also i shall start checking out everyone stories. Might take me a while to get through all of them but I shall try.
  • Options
    Hello everybody! For those who asked, I'm doing just fine. (but I probably won't be over the next week, because it's the last week to get my grades up...). How is everybody else? :)

@Jes2G I would do one of three things: 1) I'd just write the story as I think of it, even if it's similar to somebody else's. Except, add in some differences and probably emphasize those. Most ideas today are taken from somebody else in some way, shape or form. 2) talk to the author of the story, and see if it's okay with them to write my idea. 3) If I can't get a hold of the author, and I'm really worried about plagiarism, then I'd ask the audience their thoughts on the story idea and go from there.

@MunnieSims *hugs* You're welcome, and I can't wait! Just so you know, while I have two stories, I only have one chapter of either story... So, I don't have that much yet...
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Hi @SilentWolf101! I hope you’re able to get your grades up quickly!

I actually just spoke to the author—she happens to be a friend so that made it easy. The story was never exactly like hers, and there were a lot of differences, but for me it was too much like hers. Luckily, as I was typing of the scenario for her, a solution came to me. I figured out how to maintain the basic plot but change a detail or two so it’s not like hers. And I actually like my new scenario better! Score!!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited December 2015
    Had the liberty to go back to playing the Kyeong Family after days of playing my Simself and the Odette and Angela Morning Show hosts. I sometimes hesitate to play another household, but nowadays, I'm getting comfortable. The reason I hesitate to play other households is because I don't want my inactive Sims get into negative relationships and unexpected romances. When I go play another household, I check each Sim's relationship panel and makes me angry and worried to see disliked Sims and unexpected romances in their panel. :angry::worried: But you just have to let it happen, right?

Thank god, I got the MC Command Center mod and I can do what I call my "daily cleaning". I go to each Sim's relationship and have them forget any Sims that they autonomously dislike and any unexpected romances (I feel like a parent doing this).

Anyways, I finished a short story on Adeline's new bakery. Hope you'll enjoy!!
    Adeline's New Bakery

@SilverDaybreak Glad you enjoyed the cupcakes. :)

@SilentWolf101 hope you'll get your grades up!! I'm currently preparing for my finals and I must do well on them! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    I actually just spoke to the author—she happens to be a friend so that made it easy. The story was never exactly like hers, and there were a lot of differences, but for me it was too much like hers. Luckily, as I was typing of the scenario for her, a solution came to me. I figured out how to maintain the basic plot but change a detail or two so it’s not like hers. And I actually like my new scenario better! Score!!

@Jes2G Ah - that's what I call a 'goldfish' moment. I first ran across it sitting next to developers, they'd turn to their fellow developer and explain the problem they were having. Usually halfway through they'd manage to explain it in such a way they figured out the answer without the other developer having to say anything. That second developer was a "goldfish" just sitting there to help the other person reorganize their thought in a way that illumined the answer. Us writers need goldfish too!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hello, everyone,

I can't remember if I ever posted on this thread before but I've had it bookmarked for a while now and have been lurking a little. I am Sweetnightingale - my real life name is Sharon. I'm married with two daughters - one still living at home. I have 3 dogs and am from the freezing cold midwest.

I'm a die hard Sims 3 fan. I have all the Sims games and enjoy Sims 2 but not so much Sims 4. Sims 3 is my normal go-to game for fun playing, my stories, and my LP's on my Youtube Channel.

Of course, I have other hobbies and interests aside from playing Sims. I'm a semi-professional singer and also sing with a semi-professional choir called the Prairie Singers and have been with them now for 2 years. I play flute and a little piano, and I teach private music lessons. I also enjoy writing fiction - Sims stories and other material. I love reading, writing, scrapbooking, journal keeping, and I'm such a crazy person when it comes to pretty paper and what you can do with it. :) I'm also all aobut the fountain pen and have over 100 pens in my collection plus oodles and oodles of ink to go in them. So yeah...I'm a bit of a nut that way. LOL!

Soooo...for my Sims related stuff, I write stories and do LP's on my Youtube Channel. I'm not super active on the forums but I am an active member of the Going Solo Group, so I have about 3 GS stories going on at the moment. LOL! They are all very different and I am tackling the gameplay and such differently for each story. If anyone is interested, here are my stories as well as my Youtube channel.

Forever in Time
    This is my favorite story I'm writing so far. I just love the characters, and I'm well into Gen 2. The chapters are a bit long but there are a good amount of pictures to go with the text. This story is heavily laced with Supernatural aspects and there is lots and lots of magic.

As Tears Go By
    This is my more true-to-life story so far. I'm still on Gen 1 and she and her son are humans. That's not to say it won't change, as there are lots of generations to get through and I do have the Supernatural pack. The chapters are a bit shorter and pictures are definitely present. It won't take much time to get caught up, should you wish to read it.

Another World
    This one has time travel and quite a bit of Supernatural elements in it. It's sort of connected to "Forever in Time" in such a way that sometimes there will be crossovers of characters going to both stories. Again, I'm still on Gen 1 and the chapters are shorter, so it won't take long to get caught up should anyone wish to read it.

The Love Ship
    Right now, there is only one part posted. This is based off an LP series I"m doing on my Youtube channel, and each story will be sort of a short story that will go in here.

Sweetnightingale's Sims
    This is my cach-all, just for fun blog where I have pretty much just commentaries of challenges and gameplays I do "off camera." There are tabs at the top that'll take you to whatever "story" you want to read.

My Youtube Channel
    This is my Youtube channel where I do LP's.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself and share. I'm looking forward to reading your wonderful stories here. It looks like there are lots and lots so I can't promise I'll get through them all. Still, I'm looking forward to getting through what I can. :)

I hope you all are having a great Sunday.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »

@Jes2G Ah - that's what I call a 'goldfish' moment. I first ran across it sitting next to developers, they'd turn to their fellow developer and explain the problem they were having. Usually halfway through they'd manage to explain it in such a way they figured out the answer without the other developer having to say anything. That second developer was a "goldfish" just sitting there to help the other person reorganize their thought in a way that illumined the answer. Us writers need goldfish too!

Totally! That happens to me all the time lol. It usually ends with me saying something like, “…well, thanks for listening!” lol
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @Jes2G and @Simslover163 Thank you for the good luck! ^-^
    @Jes2G Awesome! That's another solution, but I never really get the chance to use it, so it's not one of my solutions... :P
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member

Question for you all. Have you ever had a really great idea for a story, but then you suddenly realize it’s similar to someone else’s story? If so, what did you do?

@Jes2G i think most stories in the same genre will be similar. So i don't think it's a problem. I had this phase just recently when all i've ever read was police procedural stuff. The story was always the same, but it was written in different ways. The characters acted differently, it was set in a different place, etc.

Most stories have been told multiple times, but it doesn't make them less good.
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    Seriously, I am not the most religious person. In fact, not very religious at all but Ecclesiastes 1:4-11 says it all: There is nothing new under the sun.

This was written almost 3000 years ago, so you can surmise that there is even less stuff new under the sun!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I realize that many stories will be similar, but it was just too similar to me. Like, the characters in both our stories had the same crime happen to them, and they go about solving said crime in almost the exact same way. I like to be as original as I can, so I tweaked a few things, and now I’m good. :)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    @SilverDaybreak Thanks for the feedback :kissing_closed_eyes: It's a new style. I just let the pictures do the narrative because I like taking a lot of screenshots. My goal was to make it look cinematic even though it's not recorded :kissing_smiling_eyes: Future stories I'm planning to make very soon will be probably made the same way.
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited December 2015
    Good Evening to all except for Good Morning to our Aussie friends,

Just popped in to share with you the latest update from Very Special Agent, Anthony SimNozzo of SCIS Crime Division.

Enjoy!

http://silverslegacydiaries@wordpress.com

Sorry couldn't get the whole link to copy into the link box above.
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

@SilverDaybreak Thank you. Everyone here has been so nice!

@sweetnightingale I appreciate the list. There are so many stories, I think that I'll start at the top with Forever in Time.
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

@mastressalita You make a very good point. I started writing this story because I fell in love with the characters. I will try not to obsess on the numbers.
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    @RipuAncestor: Looks interesting. I'll have to give it a look sometime. :) I know I sound like a broken record, but I mean it.

@MunnieSims: Welcome back. :) Sounds like a good way to start after being away for that long.

@SilentWolf101: Well, the only reason I can really compete is because my collection has grown over a lot of years. I've got a whole gaming timeline from the Genesis to the Wii U. But that would be a problem if the game never ended. But the contest is kind of private anyway, at least to my knowledge. I'm just a co-host and the scorekeeper. :tongue:

@mastressalita: Sorry to hear you head is giving you fits.

@Socallucyfan: No problem. :)

@dreamerz13: Yeah, that was one moment when I wanted to let all the words I know fly. I don't swear, but I know all the words. :tongue: Of course, I found an easy way around the saving problem - use Save As. I've given away a few games myself, mostly because after I played them, I thought they sucked. Yeah, I remember one guy on Wipeout, he wound up getting a wipeout named after him, The Jacob Mann. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I never would have believed it. If you haven't seen it, you can YouTube it, but this guy did a vertical split on the course's signature obstacle - the big balls. Only thing I ever saw my Sims do while idle is clap their hands and laugh, at least that's the only thing I remember. :P

@CandyCadet: Yeah, but I was never interested in it once they got into the Lords of Shadow series. Me, I wanted a proper Castlevania game, and to me, they kind of made too many deviations. If you ever can though, play Symphony of the Night. Fantastic game.

@SilverDaybreak: *Waves back*

@SilentWolf101: The things Sims do on their own. :tongue:

@SilverDaybreak: Well, after waking up early and going to bed late, fun and relaxing didn't really come to mind for Sunday. But I managed to salvage some of it.

@Nory_05: Not bad, not bad. Good going on the chapter.

@Jes2G: I haven't been in that situation to my knowledge, but I'd probably just write it anyway. :tongue:

@Simslover163: Sounds like me, and why I kept my Sims right under my thumb. After bringing them together, I didn't want them to suddenly split.

@sweetnightingale: Well, well, a singer. That's cool. I know another person who's a singer. She's actually a future beta reader for me, just as soon as I can get my head into Gunsmoke. But I digress. Welcome to the thread, from one Midwesterner to another. I'm a die-hard 3 fan myself. I loved the open worlds. Well, nothing wrong with being a nut. Normalacy is overrated. Nice collection there too.

@Everyone: I'm fading fast, just tired and all, so that's why I kept it brief. Hope everyone had a great Sunday. My leaderboard is proceeding well, but I wish I could say my writing was too. But I'll get back into it.
  • Options
    @Socallucyfan - You're very welcome. :) I do have quite a few stories going on. Oh, before you read Forever in Time, you might want to read through Lenora's Bachelorette Chwllenge, as that gives you a lot of background info on her. There are some really sad parts to her story and in Forever in Time, itself, so be forewarned. LOL. I sure hope you enjoy it, and I'll be sure to check out your story too.

@thesealofthesims - Yep, yep, I'm a singer. :) I've done anything from Classical/Opera to Easy Listening/Soft Rock. Can't stand heavy metal or rap, and jazz and blues isn't my thing either. Anything else is fair game. :) That's so cool about your future beta reader. Music sure makes its way around the masses. LOL. Thanks for the welcome. It's always nice to find a nice, friendly thread to participate in. Yep, been a Midwesterner all my life but man, I sure do hate the winters. :( I know what you mean. The open world in 3 is awesome. I don't love the glitches we get sometimes, but I feel that 3, by far, is the best game of them all. LOL. Yeah, normalcy is overrated and boring. It's much more interesting to be a nut. :grin: I have a good mix of both vintage and modern pens, and I love them all. I also have a good collection of journals, so I'm definitely not hurting for something to write in. :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @thesealofthesims Take your time. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Hey y’all! I managed to write enough chapters for the next two weeks! Woot! In this chapter, my teenage heir goes to his father for some advice about girls :D Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-41-infinite-wisdom/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    b4dfdc2bac79ae129c8b6da1a6c66896.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend! You guys have been chatty since I last checked in. :)
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    Hey @jazen . Fancy seeing you over here. :) You always find the cutest pictures to post. Hope you had a great weekend too.