The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for IRL Foodies, Food, and Recipes

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Has anyone here ever made Koolaid Pickles? They're delicious! I almost typed Delicioso. Wrong language lol
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/150643/carolyns-kool-aid-pickles/?internalSource=search result&referringContentType=search results
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Has anyone here ever made Koolaid Pickles? They're delicious! I almost typed Delicioso. Wrong language lol
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/150643/carolyns-kool-aid-pickles/?internalSource=search result&referringContentType=search results

This is why allergies suck sometimes. Most kool-aids make me ill. :(
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options

This is why allergies suck sometimes. Most kool-aids make me ill. :(
    I'm allergic to every kind of nut. It su...cks.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Aw man! Then don't come around my place for Christmas. Mom uses a lot of nuts in her cookies, like homemade PB cups. Luckily the kool-aid thing is if I just ingest it. Certain dyes do it and that I find kool-aid overly sweet sometimes.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Ping YoPing Yo Posts: 1,263 Member
    idk nothin' bout food m8 I but my mam sprinkles some shredded cheese all over sum doritos and puts it In tha microwave and it'z gud
    ]
  • Options
    S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    S_Empress wrote: »
    2r469t0.jpg
    Had vietnamese for the first time recently. I love it.

How close is this to ramen? I really wanna know.
    Are the noodles similar to ramen?

Pho is really different to ramen. It's usually rice noodles while ramen has egg noodles. Plus different soup stocks. But I believe you prepare it the same way.

Is there a chicken version of Pho? Would it be awkward if I ask them at the Vietnamese restaurant for a chicken version?
    And i'm curious about the egg noodles. Isn't egg noodles like the squiggly noodles some put in chicken and pastry? Those type of noodles are very soft. I always thought ramen noodle had a firmer consistency, maybe grain?
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    edited December 2015
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    2r469t0.jpg
    Had vietnamese for the first time recently. I love it.

How close is this to ramen? I really wanna know.
    Are the noodles similar to ramen?

Pho is really different to ramen. It's usually rice noodles while ramen has egg noodles. Plus different soup stocks. But I believe you prepare it the same way.

Is there a chicken version of Pho? Would it be awkward if I ask them at the Vietnamese restaurant for a chicken version?
    And i'm curious about the egg noodles. Isn't egg noodles like the squiggly noodles some put in chicken and pastry? Those type of noodles are very soft. I always thought ramen noodle had a firmer consistency, maybe grain?

Pho has many versions including seafood. You'll see them on the menu anyway. It can also be vegan. which is also popular in many vegan restaurants. The way you check what kind of noodles your soup has is the color. Egg noodles is yellow because of its yolk and pho's noodles are white because it's rice etc etc Anyway, people use all kinds of meat to be served for all kinds of noodle soup. It just depends on how popular they are to certain countries. Like pho for Vietnam, egg noodles or udon in Japan stuff like that. But remember people use different spices and stocks for their soup which is what makes them different to typical ramen noodles. Lastly, rice noodles are much firmer than egg noodles.
  • Options
    FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    It was amazing! I tried it just today!IY0209_arroz-moro.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif

• Options
    It was amazing! I tried it just today!IY0209_arroz-moro.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg
    Is that Black Bean Rice? That looks really good.

D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    On the topic of rice, I actually found a photo of my first attempts at sushi, along with two others. I don't make it all the time, as the process can take a while and getting some filling here can be hard when you want a particular kind, but I think these turned out alright.

As it is difficult to get stuff sometimes, I actually use shrimp as the main filling, flattened and sometimes cut up if need be. For a veggie I also turn to carrot. Not only does it give the filling a distinct color, but it also gives a nice crunch. I have gotten my hands on cucumber for at least one of these photos, which actually gave a really refreshing taste to it.

I think out of these my fav was actually the third picture. Yes it was a rushed job and I didn't have a good knife for cutting, but starting out I had a tendency to use a whole sheet of nori for my inside-out sushi. I think I only used half a sheet on that one and the centers looked a bit better.

Sushi1_zps5yqil3jo.jpg

Sushi2_zpsl4arktz3.jpg

Sushi3_zpsrg7te6x3.jpg

D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    I'm not one for double posting unless for something big, but I had to share my first time baking eggs. They turned out really well actually, although the texture is something to get used to. It's like a boiled egg, but looks like a fried one. And the yolks weren't runny at all. For flavour and because I'm not a fan of plain buttered toast, I added Bacon Caeser dressing to the bread before cracking the eggs and putting them in the oven. I had it on for about 20min, checking about halfway, on 400C. You can probably judge accordingly if you ever decide to try this.

bakedEggs_zpsvkqxpjw9.jpg
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Today I goggled Vietnamese restaurants. I purchased a large bowl of Pho Ga to try. It was take-out, so it came unprepared in a styrofoam tray.
    IMG_0065%20400x299_zps54znohz7.jpg
    I put it together. The restaurant owner was really nice, using "honey" after every sentence. I asked for no beansprouts. She also told me to boil the broth and pour it on last. Presentation is a third the fun of eating, so I put it together:
    IMG_0067%20400x299_zpsv7imniom.jpg
    Two servings. The bigger one is mine. ;)
    Once prepared I thought the aroma was "sweaty" and almost off-putting. But the taste of the broth on the noodles was mild enough to truly enjoy. Drinking the warm broth at the end was tough. There was so much broth and after the jalapenos and chilli chutney, I couldn't swallow without coughing! Spicy.
    I will get Pho again.

@wolfkomoki1 I have heard of them. Aren't they a regional treat in the United States? What I mean is, they aren't popular nationally just certain areas within the country, right? Are they more sweet or sour or a fair mix of both?

@Moosedalecki Someone once told me that in order for a strawberry shortcake to officially be one, it has to have shortening in it. Any other kind of cake or biscuit with strawberries and whipped cream on it is just that...cake with strawberries and whipped cream on it or strawberry cake I guess.
  • Options
    Man that looks so good! Really wishing we had something similar in town. We do have a chinese restaurant, but it's general stuff like friend wontons and rice and the like. Although their wonton soup is the best I've had so far.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Today I goggled Vietnamese restaurants. I purchased a large bowl of Pho Ga to try. It was take-out, so it came unprepared in a styrofoam tray.
    IMG_0065%20400x299_zps54znohz7.jpg
    I put it together. The restaurant owner was really nice, using "honey" after every sentence. I asked for no beansprouts. She also told me to boil the broth and pour it on last. Presentation is a third the fun of eating, so I put it together:
    IMG_0067%20400x299_zpsv7imniom.jpg
    Two servings. The bigger one is mine. ;)
    Once prepared I thought the aroma was "sweaty" and almost off-putting. But the taste of the broth on the noodles was mild enough to truly enjoy. Drinking the warm broth at the end was tough. There was so much broth and after the jalapenos and chilli chutney, I couldn't swallow without coughing! Spicy.
    I will get Pho again.

@wolfkomoki1 I have heard of them. Aren't they a regional treat in the United States? What I mean is, they aren't popular nationally just certain areas within the country, right? Are they more sweet or sour or a fair mix of both?

@Moosedalecki Someone once told me that in order for a strawberry shortcake to officially be one, it has to have shortening in it. Any other kind of cake or biscuit with strawberries and whipped cream on it is just that...cake with strawberries and whipped cream on it or strawberry cake I guess.
    They're kind of a regional thing. I'd describe them as both sweet and sour.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Don't think I've forgot about this place. My problem right now is is that I'm quite low on funds to do much shopping so cooking has mainly just been limited to sandwiches and basic pasta dishes. Once I get a nice meal done though, definitely expect a picture. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    @LosaruTaiyo I want to try to make a cake roll. I've seen them in the bakery. I would like to know how they go together, maybe I can put one together for the holidays.
  • Options
    @LosaruTaiyo I want to try to make a cake roll. I've seen them in the bakery. I would like to know how they go together, maybe I can put one together for the holidays.

If you do, that would be awesome to see. If I can get to baking when I'm home, I'll be sure to post a pic of my shortbread cookies. :3
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184