Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me buy a laptop that will run the game on high specs.

Hi everyone,

My lovely fiancé is treating me to a new laptop (woohoo) as the one I have right now is barely running. Can you please recommend something up to £700 (preferably a bit cheaper) that will run the game smoothly? It must be available to buy in the UK and I would like Windows 10, but apart from that I'm open to suggestions. Thanks, I really appreciate your help!

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2015
    In your price range you wont find a laptop that will play on high for the whole game. You would need to go a little higher or you may have to do custom for a windows 10 laptop. Windows 10 laptops to run this game are running aprox 1000 pounds

Edit. you need 960m to run this game This 749 pounds. You would have to upgrade to windows 10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Prestige-notebook-i5-4210H-GTX960M/dp/B00YC5578O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1442267773&sr=8-4&keywords=960m
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    In your price range you wont find a laptop that will play on high for the whole game. You would need to go a little higher or you may have to do custom for a windows 10 laptop. Windows 10 laptops to run this game are running aprox 1000 pounds

Edit. you need 960m to run this game This 749 pounds. You would have to upgrade to windows 10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Prestige-notebook-i5-4210H-GTX960M/dp/B00YC5578O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1442267773&sr=8-4&keywords=960m
    That has a dual core cpu.. i would try for a quad core but that would mean saving up a little more.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited September 2015

That has a dual core cpu.. i would try for a quad core but that would mean saving up a little more.

I agree but they gave a budget of 700 pounds . And amazon states it is an i7 HQ if I google I also find this laptop with i7 HQ and i5 H so not sure which is correct. Cody told me that amazon makes typos with specs but this laptop does seem to be i7

http://u-k.uk.com/msi-prestige-17-3-inch-notebook-intel-core-i7-5700hq-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-dvdrw-bt-webcam-nvidia-gtx960m-windows-8-1/
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    I agree but they gave a budget of 700 pounds . And amazon states it is an i7 HQ if I google I also find this laptop with i7 HQ and i5 H so not sure which is correct. Cody told me that amazon makes typos with specs but this laptop does seem to be i7

http://u-k.uk.com/msi-prestige-17-3-inch-notebook-intel-core-i7-5700hq-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-dvdrw-bt-webcam-nvidia-gtx960m-windows-8-1/

In this case the Amazon description is right and that laptop does indeed have an Intel Core i5 4210H, which in it's defence is much better than the Intel U-series processors. That laptop should be able to play the game smoothly at medium-high or probably high settings though - you only really need a quad-core processor for the game when it has more expansions.

You're not going to find a laptop that has an Intel HQ/MQ processor AND a GTX 860M/960M within the OP's budget unfortunately.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options

In this case the Amazon description is right and that laptop does indeed have an Intel Core i5 4210H, which in it's defence is much better than the Intel U-series processors. That laptop should be able to play the game smoothly at medium-high or probably high settings though - you only really need a quad-core processor for the game when it has more expansions.

You're not going to find a laptop that has an Intel HQ/MQ processor AND a GTX 860M/960M within the OP's budget unfortunately.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Thanks was not sure if MSI did have 2 different models with different processors and yes their budget is low to get this game to play on high with eps. They would be better off saving if they want a better processor than the one I posted.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Minimum average UK cost: £960
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    dorotkaeladorotkaela Posts: 143 Member
    Thank you, everyone. I do need to stay close to my budget. I appreciate the suggestions. Can you please give me your thoughts on this laptop: http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/cosmos-gt15-950-elite-core-i7-4710mq-8gb-1tb-15.6-hdd-windows-10-laptop-pcs-l836386/version.asp Thank you :)
  • Options
    dorotkaeladorotkaela Posts: 143 Member
    edited September 2015

This one looks really good, but I've never heard about this company which makes me a bit nervous. (please excuse my ignorant comments, I'm not an expert) Do you know anyone who has this laptop @chesterbigbird ?
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    dorotkaela wrote: »
    Thank you, everyone. I do need to stay close to my budget. I appreciate the suggestions. Can you please give me your thoughts on this laptop: http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/cosmos-gt15-950-elite-core-i7-4710mq-8gb-1tb-15.6-hdd-windows-10-laptop-pcs-l836386/version.asp Thank you :)
    The GTX 950 card may stuggle I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Secret_Wolf_LunaSecret_Wolf_Luna Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone help me? Okay so here's the problem. I've been playing with my Sims 4 since December 28, 2014. I stopped playing just recently to catch up with school work. When I tried playing last week it said "make sure your origin is on'' I click origin and its open and I go to my games and it says the same thing. Now it won't let me play anymore. Can someone please help on why Sims 4 won't work no more. I have a windows 8.1
  • Options

This one looks really good, but I've never heard about this company which makes me a bit nervous. (please excuse my ignorant comments, I'm not an expert) Do you know anyone who has this laptop @chesterbigbird ?

cyberpower is fine. They make custom laptops and desktops. My son owns a custom desktop from them. There are others in this forum who have cyberpower custom. Chester has been building computers for years and has done several custom configurations for others in this forum through cyberpower but you will need to up your budget if you want to insure you survive this whole game. Laptops are more expensive than desktop. You could get a desktop in your price range to run the whole game but if you must have a laptop to game on you will pay the price for it.
  • Options

Cyberpowerpc is completely fine, you probably have not heard of them because they mainly make custom laptop/desktop. Which is better then off the shelf store brought.
    Several people have brought cyberpowerpc with zero issues.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Cyberpowerpc is completely fine, you probably have not heard of them because they mainly make custom laptop/desktop. Which is better then off the shelf store brought.

I only had one issue... D:

The HDD not being properly into the slot. :(
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options

I only had one issue... D:

The HDD not being properly into the slot. :(
    That is not cyberpowerpc fault.. that was most likely done with the shipping company.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    That is not cyberpowerpc fault.. that was most likely done with the shipping company.

Ah okay. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.