Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed no new life state in Get Together!

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Mati22 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Maybe the game engine cannot handle more life states

Course it can. But they chose not to add a new lifestate. They will probably focus on something else. If it's worth it the loss of the lifestate here won't be so bad.

Sorry, but this seems like weak explanation. If they are going to 'focus' on other things like they did in base game, then I do not expect anything wonderful in this pack.
    gabe0199 wrote: »
    I am just irritated that they are changing everything in this series. All I know is they better patch in a great life state to make up for their absence.

I feel like we need to change so that were not just buying the same exact game every couple years.

Yes, we need changes. But for better, not for worse. They did not improve anything in the base game. And content of this pack is not spectacular either. The Sims 4 and its expansions, as a successors of the past games, should expand on existing features. Not taking them away.

In my opinion this is a change for the better. I for one don't like supernaturals as I prefer to play "realistically". I've never liked how some supernaturals were imposed on us when we installed certain EPs (this is particularly true for vampires which seemed to be every plumming where in Bridgeport). So I'd much rather they put all the supernatural states and stuff in one single game pack or expansion pack (which I'll not buy), like they did towards the end of Ts3.
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2015
    QDog wrote: »

Course it can. But they chose not to add a new lifestate. They will probably focus on something else. If it's worth it the loss of the lifestate here won't be so bad.

Sorry, but this seems like weak explanation. If they are going to 'focus' on other things like they did in base game, then I do not expect anything wonderful in this pack.
    I am just irritated that they are changing everything in this series. All I know is they better patch in a great life state to make up for their absence.

I feel like we need to change so that were not just buying the same exact game every couple years.

Yes, we need changes. But for better, not for worse. They did not improve anything in the base game. And content of this pack is not spectacular either. The Sims 4 and its expansions, as a successors of the past games, should expand on existing features. Not taking them away.

In my opinion this is a change for the better. I for one don't like supernaturals as I prefer to play "realistically". I've never liked how some supernaturals were imposed on us when we installed certain EPs (this is particularly true for vampires which seemed to be every plumming where in Bridgeport). So I'd much rather they put all the supernatural states and stuff in one single game pack or expansion pack (which I'll not buy), like they did towards the end of Ts3.

I don't understand how taking out feature is a 'change for the better'. I may not like toddlers or I may not use cars but it doesn't change the fact that they should be in the game. I did not applaud when EA removed them because I knew others enjoyed them. Since TS2 there was always a lifestate. If you did not want them, fine, they could introduce population control option (like they did in TS3SN), you could download a mod, etc. Excluding vampires (later it was fixed), there was literally no lifestate you were forced to use in The Sims 3. If they introduced Genies, you would even be forced to use them.
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    I don't think every expansion has had a new life state in the past, sort of like that there hasn't always been new death types each expansion. I'm disappointed with there being no new lifestate, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Though if Get to Work taught me anything, it's that expansions will be lackluster, full of bugs, and will cause the game to spawn even more random NPCs that you simply can't cull fast enough.

Even so, I don't see why Sims 4 couldn't just implement a tab in the game options for Supernaturals. Just have a list of checkboxes for the ones you want to appear. (Of course that's just one of the big questions I have about development choices.....)
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    If no new lifestates or stages maybe bring back NPC's like Mrs Crumplebottom, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or burglar.

Well we have that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 texture and sim art concept already
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    If no new lifestates or stages maybe bring back NPC's like Mrs Crumplebottom, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or burglar.

Well we have that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 texture and sim art concept already

Not just a concept. The actual clothes were made and textured.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

I don't understand how taking out feature is a 'change for the better'. I may not like toddlers or I may not use cars but it doesn't change the fact that they should be in the game. I did not applaud when EA removed them because I knew others enjoyed them. Since TS2 there was always a lifestate. If you did not want them, fine, they could introduce population control option (like they did in TS3SN), you could download a mod, etc. Excluding vampires (later it was fixed), there was literally no lifestate you were forced to use in The Sims 3. If they introduced Genies, you would even be forced to use them.

But still I don't see why this is necessarily a change for the worse. EA didn't say that there will be no supernaturals in Ts4, they just said that there will be no supernaturals in this EP. Maybe they have changed the approach and are planning to release a supernatural-specific EP instead. Also, if they pack all supernaturals in their own EP (where they are the main focal point) they will probably be more fully-fledged (in terms of special abilities and powers, interactions, secret lots etc.).

Also, the aliens that came with GTW seem to be everywhere in my game. They were supposed to be disguised but... not anymore, they walk around town with their purple skin and break immersion for me...
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2015

But still I don't see why this is necessarily a change for the worse. EA didn't say that there will be no supernaturals in Ts4, they just said that there will be no supernaturals in this EP. Maybe they have changed the approach and are planning to release a supernatural-specific EP instead. Also, if they pack all supernaturals in their own EP (where they are the main focal point) they will probably be more fully-fledged (in terms of special abilities and powers, interactions, secret lots etc.).

Also, the aliens that came with GTW seem to be everywhere in my game. They were supposed to be disguised but... not anymore, they walk around town with their purple skin and break immersion for me...

It is a change for worse because many players were expecting new life state. There always was one since TS2. And it is not the only feature that they have decided to remove, you know. Why would they change they approach if only minority of people asked for this change? The answer is that this expansion is done in hurry just so they can feed themselves with money. That is why they reused town from early version of the base game and why they didn't even bother to include lifestate. The most shocking thing for me is that some fans are not bothered by lack of respect (and features in the EP) EA shows them and will happily pay them for this excuse of EP. However, their money, their choice.

Including all the lifestates in one EP is definitely bad idea. In TS3 Supernatural focused on 5 lifestates only. They will not be able to include all of life states from TS2 and TS3 (and definitely cannot add any new one) in one expansion. That is why we need life states in each EP. If they did not want to include them in EPs, they could introduce some of them in GPs. However, both OR and SD did not have any life states.
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    I'd rather they leave them out of other expansions and save them for one big supernatural expansion, that way I can avoid them all. Hopefully they can use their resources to make something extra that's relevant to each expansions pack instead.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    gabe0199

Maybe they'll add a new life state to the pack later, via a patch. We didn't expect that they were going to patch in ghosts to the base game. Personally through I do feel a lot less like buying this now, since I one of the biggest reasons I bought expansion packs in the past was for the creature.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member

They probably just wanted to focus on everything else.
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Posts: 54 Member
    Well, that's the tradition broken. Thanks so much, EA.
  • Options
    Eef97Eef97 Posts: 325 Member
    edited August 2015
    With the cheapness and lack of creativity in this ep which is no more than a gp, and no new lifestate, I'm taking a long possible permanent break as well. If this is the best they can offer just stop and end the Sims for good.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

I think the game engine cannot handle NPCs with complex characters
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »

They probably just wanted to focus on everything else.

But the problem is that they are not focusing on anything particular. They are just random stuff they stacked them together in one EP that lacks any theme
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    thewildwest48thewildwest48 Posts: 82 Member

exactly
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

exactly

Even though TS1, TS2 and TS3 all shared several very similar themed packs, I never, not once felt like I was playing the same exact game. Anybody here who did?
  • Options

exactly

Even though TS1, TS2 and TS3 all shared several very similar themed packs, I never, not once felt like I was playing the same exact game. Anybody here who did?

No, because they always included new things in them even though some features were not included in them (some of them were put later in some other packs or store content though).

This pack is almost completly new though we never had a dancing skill (did we? I think it was secret in TS3 but I might be wrong) and the clubs are completely new.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    We did in Sims 3, Sigzy05. But it wasn't one of those skills that the player can track, like handiness, cooking, and those skills were. It was like you have said secret, or in this case a hidden skill. :)
  • Options
    tuxedo94tuxedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Oh.. well I'll wait and buy the plantsim related EP. :smiley:
  • Options
    FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    this expansion is the beginning of the end... sadly this expansion is the worse ep i ever see.. my opinion.. I dont know why the players have to pay for a expansion with nothing.. lol
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm not that disappointed. Sims 2 Freetime and Sims 3 Pets didn't include a playable lifestate. (Idc what you say Unicorns are no different from playable horses, dogs and cats so...) It seems every generation has one EP that won't include a new lifestate. I'd rather it be early on. Plus we have GP's too and it's not entirely impossible for them to include a life-state in those.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm not that disappointed. Sims 2 Freetime and Sims 3 Pets didn't include a playable lifestate. (Idc what you say Unicorns are no different from playable horses, dogs and cats so...) It seems every generation has one EP that won't include a new lifestate. I'd rather it be early on. Plus we have GP's too and it's not entirely impossible for them to include a life-state in those.

I disagree. Unicorns are definitely a life state. In The Sims a life state is a character typically based on folklore or mythology that has special abilities when compared to "normal" sims. Unicorns have several special abilities. Blessing and cursing sims, blessing flora and fauna, teleporting, etc. They're different from normal horses, and not just in appearance.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Unicorn

And Freetime did have a genie, it just wasn't playable. This really would be the first EP since the Sims 1 to not include any sort of creature/life state at all.
    Post edited by GabbyGirlJ on
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

exactly

No, because they always included new things in them even though some features were not included in them (some of them were put later in some other packs or store content though).

This pack is almost completly new though we never had a dancing skill (did we? I think it was secret in TS3 but I might be wrong) and the clubs are completely new.

It seems to be a hidden skill in TS2 as well. If your teens dance long enough to where they visibly dance well, they can get a scholarship for dancing.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

I disagree. Unicorns are definitely a life state. In The Sims a life state is a character typically based on folklore or mythology that has special abilities when compared to "normal" sims. Unicorns have several special abilities. Blessing and cursing sims, blessing flora and fauna, teleporting, etc. They're different from normal horses, and not just in appearance.

And Freetime did have a genie, it just wasn't playable. This really would be the first EP since the Sims 1 to not include any sort of life state at all.

The genie was not a lifestate it was an NPC.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

And Freetime did have a genie, it just wasn't playable. This really would be the first EP since the Sims 1 to not include any sort of life state at all.

The genie was not a lifestate it was an NPC.

I'd say it's both. It's a sim with special abilities who is also an NPC.

IHJCfa6.jpg