Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need some graveyard stuff

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
I seriously needs me some spooky stuff. I'm so sick of seeing the same urn/grave for every single dead sim. I want some graveyards, mausoleums, tombstones, grave markers, new urns etc.

I really want the feature to smash an urn back to anger the ghost inside from sims 2.

I want graves that change depending on how good of a life your sim lived. Graves that show the cause of death.

I want the mausoleums to hold the graves of all npc sims again.

A great feature would be that any ghost resting in a graveyard will not be culled.

I dont know lol i just feel like death in the sims is a bit lacking right now, anyone agree?
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    You should really look into TS3. It has everything that you want, seriously.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Maybe for Halloween we'll get something "spooky" to help out with that.

I'm thinking it'll be like witches or something though, but I do remember a guru saying they'd look into adding graveyards. Maybe some of those things would be added.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I already own eveey expansion pack for sims 3 and about 1/3 the store content. It's a very fun game with amazing ideas that could have been implemented better. I still play it occasionally actually as well as sims 2

I don't like the looka of the sims in sims 3 though so its hard to take my stories seriously. The worlds are BEAUTIFUL and all but I'm ready to move on with sims 4. I'm actually one of the rare ones that prefer closed/semi-open worlds since there's more time for content elsewhere.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    It will probably come eventually. Maybe they could base a stuff/game pack around spooky stuff sometime in October.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited August 2015

I already own eveey expansion pack for sims 3 and about 1/3 the store content. It's a very fun game with amazing ideas that could have been implemented better. I still play it occasionally actually as well as sims 2

I don't like the looka of the sims in sims 3 though so its hard to take my stories seriously. The worlds are BEAUTIFUL and all but I'm ready to move on with sims 4. I'm actually one of the rare ones that prefer closed/semi-open worlds since there's more time for content elsewhere.
    I play TS3 almost exclusively, though TS4 is well on the way of taking over. I too own it complete with about half of the store extra, but that's not really to the point here. It just seems to me that you want TS4 to be another TS3 and if that's what you really want then TS3 remains the version you should pay the most.

I enjoy TS4 too. I do miss the fact that you could follow your Sims everywhere as I'm one of those Simmers who follows a jogging Sim for the entire run. There's still a lot of things that I hope will be a part of TS4 eventually, though if I'm met halfway I see myself switching over for good. Just as with ts2/ts3. Eventually the new game just offers more than the old one. Or maybe I'll keep dividing my play between the two this time. I don't want TS4 to be the next TS3. That would be exremely pointless.
  • Options
    SimCalamitySimCalamity Posts: 43 Member
    I would like this as well. The spooky side is so cool. Plus, when I make Scooby and the Gang, they have to hang out somewhere.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I don't care for ghosts or any kind of supernatural element but for aesthetic i'd like a graveyard. It would add alot of realism to the game if when a Sim died we had an option to bury them in a community graveyard. It could then automatically take you to the lot to choose placement etc. Wouldn't be hard to do and the option to go there and visit your loved ones from time to time would be pretty cool. Plus it could be haunted and you could enjoy ghosts away from the home environment when they aren't breaking all your stuff.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would like Coffins I built a mausoleum for a family, and I rather have coffins in them than Urns.

screen_shot_2015_08_13_at_9_46_50_am_by_mphattyboi-d95hrgr.png
    screen_shot_2015_08_13_at_9_43_31_am_by_mphattyboi-d95hrls.png
    And down in the crypt
    screen_shot_2015_08_13_at_10_05_39_am_by_mphattyboi-d95hri2.png
    screen_shot_2015_08_13_at_10_05_46_am_by_mphattyboi-d95hrip.png
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    That mausoleum is gorgeous! I love the basement! You should add like secret doors and stuff too!
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    Maybe we will start to see some spooky stuff around Halloween time. I always love getting my sims involved in holidays.
    11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    GORGEOUS mausoleum! Are you using any terrain cc, it looks great

Just remembered I'd really love for funerals to return too.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Pretty awesome, Mason.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    Yes! Graveyards! I miss those so much!

I'd love ghosts to stop behaving only like additional family members and be more unique, too. I don't think we should be able to control ghosts, or they should have whims, or skill building. That makes them mundane. They should be more random, uncontrollable sorts of entities; a transparent force of chaos.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I seriously needs me some spooky stuff. I'm so sick of seeing the same urn/grave for every single dead sim. I want some graveyards, mausoleums, tombstones, grave markers, new urns etc.

I really want the feature to smash an urn back to anger the ghost inside from sims 2.

I want graves that change depending on how good of a life your sim lived. Graves that show the cause of death.

I want the mausoleums to hold the graves of all npc sims again.

A great feature would be that any ghost resting in a graveyard will not be culled.

I dont know lol i just feel like death in the sims is a bit lacking right now, anyone agree?

Yes! I love that idea of not culling ghosts at all. Just don't bring them into the world until the player initiates it...maybe you need to do something special to bring a sim's ghost into the world, like bury an anti-ambrosia. I would much rather do that than have ghosts popping up everywhere. It would be nice if ghosts had their own separate needs system- instead of hunger, sleep etc it would be more like rest (in grave or urn) and one other need based on the ghost's aspiration when it was still alive. So if it had a family aspiration, it will NEED to be around family members for a certain period of time before the ghost gets really cranky and uncontrollable.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I have some pretty cool graveyard stuff that is CC. I downloaded it from either Mod the Sims or The Sims Resource.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I would like a 'cemetery' venue.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Vizzini13Vizzini13 Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="colbyfromage;13992485"]Yes! Graveyards! I miss those so much!

I'd love ghosts to stop behaving only like additional family members and be more unique, too. I don't think we should be able to control ghosts, or they should have whims, or skill building. That makes them mundane. They should be more random, uncontrollable sorts of entities; a transparent force of chaos. [/quote]

I thought that if you didn't invite the ghost into your family that they are more random? Depending on which death that that they could start fires or leave water puddles.
  • Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    I like the idea of playable ghosts, but I was also big on the creatures since sims 2. I am not huge on sims 3 but I did like supernatural.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I built a mausoleum for a family, and I rather have coffins in them than Urns.
    Nice, I love it! Is the mausoleum on its own lot? Is it a community lot, if so? What is the lot designation?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes please and more things for deviant Simmers to use.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DruekasterDruekaster Posts: 42 Member
    I bought an empty lot as a business property, and I'm using that as a cemetery. Not quite the same, though...
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Awesome ideas! Especially the "no culling of ghosts." I also wish we could have some community cemeteries. Some of my lots don't really have enough room for a family cemetery, but I don't want to lose those ghosts so it would be nice if we had a community option.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It would be cool to change gravestone color and shape and have an option for a gravestone occupant not to be culled.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes please!

This would be a great improvement for me. Keeping fingers crossed that we will get this one day.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I agree, but don't give them the idea of making it a stuff pack. All those items would be great in the supernatural ep simmers want for the sims 4..they could release it sometime around halloween..it would be awesome. Having a place to hold funerals and put tomb stones is really needed for the sims 4.
    giphy.gif