Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slightly amusing but mostly disturbing game bug.

Notice the relationship between these two. Ick.. I don't know how that happened.

vspgjt.png
11mccw6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Someone's been busy... :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    alienXingalienXing Posts: 168 Member
    Some people still have the incest bug, apparently. I'm one of the lucky ones who's not having it anymore.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    She's inspired because of her forbidden conquests.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    She's got daddy issues.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @SimGuruJanitor Please look into this bug and yes I agree it is the most disturbing bug in the game. It's sad it still exists and probably could easily change the ESRB ratings if not fixed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    It's the uniform...
  • Options
    SimCalamitySimCalamity Posts: 43 Member
    > @hahaYuliya said:
    > Notice the relationship between these two. Ick.. I don't know how that happened.

Thats what she said!

ok, sorry.. I'll see myself out...
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Lol, gross. I'm glad this never happens in my game.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    That's pretty gross and sad that these guys have not been all over that to get rid of it.

I
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    I've asked to have this bug looked at many many times with no actual response - it has completely stopped me from playing with families because ew.
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm past the point of "horror" for this bug, honestly. It's just... fun, by now.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    Hasn't happened to me, yet. I'm hoping it's rare.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    One of the reasons I downloaded MC CMD Center was so I could remove relationships like that (unwanted romance) with ease.. I'd really suggest looking into that if you don't like incest...Its disgusting imo.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    I would suggest to only play with only one active household because i think that's the cause of this. Is this ea's take on story progression?
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    DerubelleDerubelle Posts: 638 Member
    I had the same when my sims (man) little daughter had the tiniest bit of romance for her dad. In order to make myself feel better (and not so incestuous about it) I played it off as that moment in a daughters life when they wanna marry their dad and it's all cute and stuff -.-
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't had it happen. I'm sure it would upset me if it was with a family I cared about. I'd have to go back to an old save game or find a cheat to erase that.
    I play in weird and bipolar ways though... so if it were just a throw them together type of world I'd probably laugh at it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    I still have this bug, but it honestly doesn't disturb me like it seems to disturb others. They still cannot perform romantic actions on each other, being the game still recognizes them as family.
    It doesn't really cause a problem with the game unless you sit there and stare at the relationship meter. I'd like for the gurus to address said bug, but in the meantime there's much worse and troublesome bugs that have yet to be addressed.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't have the issue in my game -- the only time I've run into it was with a family I downloaded from the Gallery and I'm wondering if the creator used cheats to get the relationship the way it was (the friendship bar was way in the red but the romance bar was way in the pink, and it was father and daughter). If you play rotational, that sort of event can occur when you're not playing that particular family.

I use a mod that turns off autonomous use of flirty/enchanting greetings -- that seems to have cut back on a lot of the exterior romantic hanky-panky. Not sure if it helps to curb the incest glitch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RafxxRafxx Posts: 75 Member
    It's not her fault. Like Clark Kent's glasses and Superman. It's the uniform.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    One of the reasons I downloaded MC CMD Center was so I could remove relationships like that (unwanted romance) with ease.. I'd really suggest looking into that if you don't like incest...Its disgusting imo.

I also dislike the random lovebird status my other sims get with random townies. I use MC CMD to get rid of that romance bar asap. I would love for Maxis to fix it, but they are too busy making party themed packs so I will resort to mods to fix my game.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited August 2015
    I still have this bug, but it honestly doesn't disturb me like it seems to disturb others. They still cannot perform romantic actions on each other, being the game still recognizes them as family.
    It doesn't really cause a problem with the game unless you sit there and stare at the relationship meter. I'd like for the gurus to address said bug, but in the meantime there's much worse and troublesome bugs that have yet to be addressed.

actually for me this unlocked the "romantic actions" between sims.

for peoples which say this "never happened", well if you want this happen in your game is not hard is pretty easy.

have big families in your world, like 1 father 1 mother 1 daugther and 1 son or some more, at last 4 sims in the family, if possible later split then in the world, like if the father and mother are elder or adults and the offsprings are teen or young adult, then stop to play with one of them (the parents or the childs)then keep meeting then in the game over and over and let the "flirt" mood act by himself, at one game moment that "emotion" will overcome the family bounds and break the family.

another even more easy is not playing with anyone create a new family and after many days(prefer aging off) go back to watch that family relationship and you will get "surprised".

i believe which peoples which say "i never had it" is more how they play, this bug happen much more when involving non played sims than "played" ones.

another big factor in this bug is the "romantic traits", the most strong is the "flirt mood" in a sim the big become the chance of the bug happen specially if but sims are in "flirt mood" and that mood is more like +3 or more.

then if you aways keep playing with the same sims or constantly keep switching fast between families then the chance of happen is lessened but if you like to focus on one family or take a lot of time to switch between families then you gonna notice this happen very often.

the problem is "how this bug is triggered".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I also dislike the random lovebird status my other sims get with random townies. I use MC CMD to get rid of that romance bar asap. I would love for Maxis to fix it, but they are too busy making party themed packs so I will resort to mods to fix my game.

The mod I mentioned (no autonomous flirty/enchanting greetings) seems to have solved the random lovebird issue -- you can still use them with your Sims but don't have to worry what's happening when your back is turned. (Summer Holiday seemed to be the worst offender -- in my previous games I'd use my friend's Simself and he always ended up with a Lovebirds status with Summer.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member

The mod I mentioned (no autonomous flirty/enchanting greetings) seems to have solved the random lovebird issue -- you can still use them with your Sims but don't have to worry what's happening when your back is turned. (Summer Holiday seemed to be the worst offender -- in my previous games I'd use my friend's Simself and he always ended up with a Lovebirds status with Summer.)

I just started a new neighborhood with 25 families. I have that mod, but I still have random lovebird statuses when I rotate over. I rotate houses every Wednesday. I also have sims flirting with their neighbor's wives at dinner parties autonomously. WTH sims! Eat your dinner and stop hitting on your neighbors. I use that mod to remove the romance bar *a lot*!
  • Options
    madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    Funny thing though is I don't do any rotational play at all and STILL got this bug, so I don't think it's subject to one's play style. Either way I still only shrug my shoulders at this bug.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member

I just started a new neighborhood with 25 families. I have that mod, but I still have random lovebird statuses when I rotate over. I rotate houses every Wednesday. I also have sims flirting with their neighbor's wives at dinner parties autonomously. WTH sims! Eat your dinner and stop hitting on your neighbors. I use that mod to remove the romance bar *a lot*!

I also have the no flirting/enchanting introductions mod and I thought it was working when I first added it but I too was still getting sims that would have romances when I rotated away. I can't play without MC CMD.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.