Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR- The Sims 4 Cool kitchen stuff REVIEW

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you are going to complain about the number of stuff packs being released, don't do it in front of a 6 foot stack of games in the background. p.s. A tie is not a body part.
  • Options
    andersson01andersson01 Posts: 193 Member
    edited August 2015
    knazzer wrote: »
    I would of though the clothes and hair would of been themed to the kitchen pack.

What world do you live in? :pensive:

For a "cool kitchen stuff" pack the lack of cool kitchen stuff totally makes sense...

Stove, counters, chairs all look dull as heck... looks like they took less than a day to put together :/
    The world would be a much better place without me... I can't allow that! >:D
  • Options
    JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2015
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If you are going to complain about the number of stuff packs being released, don't do it in front of a 6 foot stack of games in the background.

What does that have to do with anything? "He has money so he should give it all to EA for useless crap"?
    Post edited by Jerman on
  • Options
    djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    I think we need to have a memorial service Ralph now. RIP Ralph even though you are short and fun in your short time!
  • Options
    PansWooPansWoo Posts: 79 Member
    I'm thinking we now need cows to create the milk for the ice cream! I think Ralph has a body part at the mo so we can have a farm stuff pack!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Good review as always.
    As I said in another thread I think their problem is that they lost focus. This pack doesn't come together as a whole, specially not ton be called Cool Kitchen.
    In a small scale it seems as unfocused and confusing as Get Together.

UNFOCUSED is the right word. I think everything at this rate will be unfocused if they are going to release them that way. Is EA trying to windup this game so soon so they want to release more packs to it fast and be done with it?

I think until Spa Day all stuff packs and Game packs were more focused on a theme. It seems something has changed in EA that we don't know. a policy or structure, but something definitely has changed so they are now resorting to release unfocused packs, be it EPs, SPs or GPs

There are so many kitchen items they could make, even the clothing and hairs should have been all related to kitchen. Does it have a chef's hat or apron?
    Even for children they could add toys related to the kitchen and clothing but nothing like that is there.
    there are so things they could have used to go with the theme like:T1lxlQXjxyXXbtUCTa_122322.jpg

T1ZnuiXexsXXaF7Zjb_093316.jpg

614lj17rPAL._SY300_.jpg

new-flirty-fashion-womens-girl-kitchen-cooking-bib-apron-dress-pink-cotton-cafe-commercial-restaurant-aprons-gift_1078315.jpg

NEW-Women-LADIES-Pretty-Sexy-Cooking-apron-FLORAL-Vintage-Party-COOKING-Kitchen-apron-DRESS-10pcs-lot.jpg

825657p.jpg

ultimate_chefs_kitchen.jpg

As usual children are ignored. As I said before they are not having any defined structure. They should either stick to a theme and put everything for all the life stages there or they should release things based on a life stage, like a whole pack dedicated to children etc.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    Good review as always.
    As I said in another thread I think their problem is that they lost focus. This pack doesn't come together as a whole, specially not ton be called Cool Kitchen.

UNFOCUSED is the right word. I think everything at this rate will be unfocused if they are going to release them that way. Is EA trying to windup this game so soon so they want to release more packs to it fast and be done with it?

I think until Spa Day all stuff packs and Game packs were more focused on a theme. It seems something has changed in EA that we don't know. a policy or structure, but something definitely has changed so they are now resorting to release unfocused packs, be it EPs, SPs or GPs

There are so many kitchen items they could make, even the clothing and hairs should have been all related to kitchen. Does it have a chef's hat or apron?
    Even for children they could add toys related to the kitchen and clothing but nothing like that is there.
    there are so things they could have used to go with the theme like

As usual children are ignored. As I said before they are not having any defined structure. They should either stick to a theme and put everything for all the life stages there or they should release things based on a life stage, like a whole pack dedicated to children etc.

They should hire you. Someone needs to tell them.

Is there a child stove in Sims 4?

Edit: I especially love the aprons.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    manda9801 wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Sorry but that icecream cone looks terrible. :( Why they make it so large?

And it appears as though they are biting it, which just hurts my teeth to watch! lol

I believe this is because the sims in TS4 don't have a tongue which can be animated. There was a thread on this a while back. There is an appearance of a tongue in the mouth but animators have said that it has no 'bones' which means it can't be animated. Has anyone ever seen a sim in 4 stick out their tongue?
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Sorry but that icecream cone looks terrible. :( Why they make it so large?

It's a rehash of the drink animation.

LMAO! That was totally not a lazy attempt by The Sims Studio. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    As usual Clint is spot-on with his reviews. He doesn't gush over everything like others do. Instead he gives honest, well thought out and insightful feedback. He is one of my favorite Simmers for this reason alone.

And I feel bad for poor Ralph. He is not long for this world.
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I don't' get this review at all. It's a nice stuff pack full of neat stuff that i'm going to enjoy in my game. I love new clothes & hairs and ice cream!

Maybe if it was named something else but clothes and hair are not kitchen stuff.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    no idea how much I spent in the sims 3 store, but I was buying something every month. Though there were times it was 2 or 3 times a month. I love the icecream. Now I know that many think ack to much for just the one cool item. But in the store stuff for sims 3, it was the same 1 cool item and many other misc. things that went with it. I actually enjoy the ice cream stuff pack. Have had fun with it. My sim is a lvl 7 cook at the moment and her friends I believe come over just for the ice cream. lol, its funny, soon as I sit it down they are in there grabbing a bowl or a cone, so for me like sims 3 store stuff, I most likely will get all the stuff packs. But also like the sims 3 store stuff you do not have to buy all of them. I just do, always have most likely always will, that's me. As for his idea of what is or is not cool, everyone has an opinion and always will.
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    As usual Clint is spot-on with his reviews. He doesn't gush over everything like others do. Instead he gives honest, well thought out and insightful feedback. He is one of my favorite Simmers for this reason alone.

And I feel bad for poor Ralph. He is not long for this world.

Very true I rather watch his reviews stating it how it is then a certain other popular sim youtuber that makes everything seem like it a diamond.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    He needs to stop reviewing stuff packs, simple. The Sims 4's stuff packs are taking over from The Sims 3's store content which he never reviewed before so why bother now?

He reviewed a lot of the TS3 store....worlds and other content.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2015
    Astro wrote: »
    Ralph will be gone by the end of the year...

more like in 2 to 3 months :'( poor ralph..someone save him 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    > @Hestia said:
    > knazzer wrote: »
    >
    > Goodywood wrote: »
    >
    > Sorry but that icecream cone looks terrible. :( Why they make it so large?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's a rehash of the drink animation.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LMAO! That was totally not a lazy attempt by The Sims Studio. :)

Ahh, I don't know... but one thing I do know is when it comes to ice cream cones, the bigger the better! XD *omnom*
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If I make an comparison to SWTOR with the Cartel Packs or even Dragon Age adding stuff packs with the spoils of the Avaar- or Qunari-gear I just don't think this will change anything. As long as it brings in money to the studio it will continue because there are always people who wish to "subscribe". Need to have the latest armor with light effects or the cool jetpack mount.

And if you feel that it is pocket money and it makes you happy why not? I really liked getting the jetpack myself, have gotten a few Cartel Packs as they are called in SWTOR but never one of the 24-deals.

Why should Maxis miss out on the mini-transactions when it looks like everyone else are getting richer by it. I let them continue, will get the ones that really catch my interest. You don't have to buy everything or indeed anything.

What I really would like to put focus on are the Game Packs and Expansions. I want them perfect filled with great gameplay. I really love Outdoor Retreat but not being able to hike together is just sad. That's where I want to go after them. Go wild with the Stuff Packs as long as there are people willing to subscribe, don't see it changing so it is wasted energy. The Game Packs and Expansions however, I want my sims being able to interact with each other. I really just want them to shine.

Wall-o-text but that's my two cent. Carry on everyone, cheers.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    #SaveRaplh
    No but seriously it's true, they didn't get rid of the store; it's now in the form of quickly rushed out the door overpriced DLC on Origin. Just make thesims4store.com already Maxis, seriously. Paying $10 for hot tubs was just a pathetic attempt to milk a dying animal, oops I mean The Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    I cant believe that there is no Freezer to put the ice cream in, what a waste.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,633 Member
    LGR forgot to talk about the dining table! XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    We're gonna need another Ralphy!

I'll probably get this pack at a later date. Right now its not really worth my money save for all the new clothes. I'm a sims clothes hound, I need a ton of styles. And then, there's custom content aplenty.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    This pack is terrible waste money... actually nothing there is necessary, even the ice-cream maker. Sims is not enjoy to eat ice cream. Which you can tell from their face it must be awful taste. Other decoration in kitchen, i think perfect patio one even better. This is most money waste staff pack.
  • Options
    JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    Why did EA just include random clothes for some reason.... It doesn't even fit the "Kitchen" theme...
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Good review as always.

there are so things they could have used to go with the theme like:T1lxlQXjxyXXbtUCTa_122322.jpg

T1ZnuiXexsXXaF7Zjb_093316.jpg

614lj17rPAL._SY300_.jpg

new-flirty-fashion-womens-girl-kitchen-cooking-bib-apron-dress-pink-cotton-cafe-commercial-restaurant-aprons-gift_1078315.jpg

NEW-Women-LADIES-Pretty-Sexy-Cooking-apron-FLORAL-Vintage-Party-COOKING-Kitchen-apron-DRESS-10pcs-lot.jpg

825657p.jpg

ultimate_chefs_kitchen.jpg

ALL of this. Yes!
  • Options
    MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    I just wanted the deep fryer back. :(