The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are you disappointed?

I am just curious why most of you are disappointed in the new expansion pack?
I am completely confused with the disappointed as most of you said you would like a 'late night' expansion pack but now you are disappointed?
Yes most of you want 'toddlers' which completes the life simulation, but I guarantee you once they are released, they are not going to be exciting as you thought it would be, it would just be the same gameplay as the sims 3. Before you start complaining 'they haven't added toddlers', ask yourself.... since when did EA say that they were going to announce it today? The sims 4 is only just the beginning, you just need to give the game developers time, they will released family play. Keep in mind that generation expansion pack in the sims 3 was the 5th or 6th expansion pack, idk. We are only on expansion pack 2.... not 12, only 2. Patience simmers!

I would like to hear your opinions and please tell me why you are disappointed then maybe I will understand why.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    It is so very well explained in all other threads. Just read them.

I wish people would look through threads in all cases, not only this one and start off multiple threads on the same topics. As a well known website says "Search moar!"
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It doesn't look like a "late night" pack to me. It looks like a bros and hos go partying pack. It's aimed at a much younger age group than mine. Heck, it's aimed at a much younger age group than my own grown kids! *shrugs*

I'm not disappointed due to lack of toddlers. I do fine without them, thankyouverymuch. I'm disappointed because this pack feeds into the same juvenile bro-humor/bro-culture that has been obvious since the first play-throughs. Who knows, I may get it somewhere down the road, but for now I'll stick with what I've got. It just doesn't appeal to me.

That said, I'm glad there are people it does appeal to, and I wish you much happiness playing it.
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    I didn't say anything about wanting a late night expansion. I did figure however, we would get one. I at least hoped it had something to DO other than attend/throw a party. Maybe places to go out to eat at? A movie theater? You know, some place to date rather than a bar....
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Personally I'm disappointed that if this pack is truly Nightlife/Late night inspired it's seriously lacking the feeling, at least for me and basing it on what I saw from the trailer.

When they released the GTW trailer, it was clear and you can see essentially what the pack would focus on but this one feels like a mishmash. Im still confused as to what we will be getting for the $40 they are asking for it.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2015
    Well, I'm always disappointed when nothing new to the 'family play' element is added.

That said, I wasn't really expecting it this time.. because, well.. fool me once, EA. Still, I am disappointed with this EP.. primarily because it feels like a mash of unrelated game play together as one. They want to introduce this gorgeous european town, and rather than take advantage of any european culture.. they instead want to throw a huge party/rave in the ruins, introduce a dj booth and new dances.. and some new woohoo areas.

They missed a really great opportunity here. Gondolas.. wine/'juice' making, markets.. It just doesn't seem to fit together, and almost feels like an afterthought for an EP.

But that's just my two cents.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Because I wanted a city world with apartments, cars, elevators, etc, and it doesn't look like this EP is gonna add those features. Also I wished they announced a toddlers patch.
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited August 2015
    I want my family-style play to be taken into consideration by EA.

At the moment TS4 feels hugely imbalanced , swinging towards the YA party style kind of play and refusing to cater to the families and children

After a year you'd think EA would have balanced this game out a bit , the fact they arent proves they dont give a ****
  • Options
    Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    What is bro about it?
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I'm only disappointed that there are no real restaurants other than that I don't know enough details yet to really have a negative or positive opinion on the EP.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I can understand why you lot want family-play and a LOT of you are family players but just keep in mind that we only have two expansion packs right now, there is still more to come.

It was like the sims 3, a lot of you want seasons and pets, maybe thats why they produced really easy expansion packs to released from the start while they start developing other games that are harder like seasons. That explains why seasons was one of the last.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I have no one to blame but myself for my disappointment, lol.

When I saw the cool kitchen stuff pack I immediately convinced myself that we were getting late night EP with sims 2 style restaurants.
  • Options
    @ponderberries

You never know, it may unexpected appear from another expansion pack or may never be there but something better. Who knows!
  • Options
    robiokosrobiokos Posts: 16 Member
    It is disappointing because there are always at least 4-5 key features when they release a full expansion pack. With Get To Work we got 1) Active carriers, 2) Owning businesses, 3) New shopping district, 4) Aliens and other smaller additions like new skills and collectibles.

But with this new pack I can't really tell what they are trying to focus on, what these key features are. There is one new world (which I do find beautiful) and that's pretty much it. You can dance and have parties and drink coffee? I've already done that, I'm already bored of it, so no thanks.
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    My disappointment comes from family play being completely ignored. Before Sims 4 was released, they said all life stages would be included and we now know that is clearly not the case. For me, the best thing about the Sims games were that they could be played in whatever style suited you. Some people love family play, others love building, creating stories and I don't understand why that has been stripped away. For me this new expansion pack seems very empty and shallow but if others like it then great but EA/Maxis need to remember that there are a variety of ways to play.
    You're absolutely right @Finbar659 when you say the more complex expansions like Pets and Seasons came later and that's understandable. We know they are complex and require time, worth waiting for if it's done well and with the love and humour we've seen over the years. I'm not seeing a huge amount of love for the sims franchise with this latest announcement, I see something churned out to try and generate some revenue. Just my opinion!
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I sure didn't ask for a nightlife-themed EP either...
    I'm disappointed because it doesn't add anything to the game that I've been missing; such as toddlers or family play. Plus, the trailer doesn't do the EP any justice either. If it wasn't for the new world, it would like the same old parties we currently have. Maxis really missed the mark with this one.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I never asked for a Nightlife-themed EP either, but I was expecting it. I sure wasn't expecting the continued focus on the single YA lifestyle, partying, clubbing, taking selfies and woohooing in the closet. I was hoping we'd at least get restaurants.

I'm disappointed because I expected more balance by now. I don't necessarily have a problem with a Nightlife-themed EP. But the focus has overwhelmingly been for the Single YA bro partying sim. There should have been clear answers for the toddler life stage by now. They teased us with the possibility of adding them back at some point. They're intelligent folks, they should understand that there's a time limit before people get fed up and leave. "Exploring that option" doesn't cut it. I'm beginning to feel like they made those statements last summer to keep people from cancelling their pre-orders.

I'm also disappointed because we're almost a year into the game's release, and we're still missing what I'd consider fundamental base gameplay. I never expected seasons, pets, vacations, etc. right away. I expected a solid base. They gave reasons for why the base wasn't solid, but seemed to give intentions that they would dedicate themselves to improving the base as time went on. I believed them at first, when we received the patches for more careers, ghosts & pools. I expected toddlers would be next because it made sense to me. But now it's as if they did a 180. They're not talking to us about toddlers, when there's quite a few of us who consider the life stage essential for a solid base (along with real sim babies, not objects).

There comes a point where a person's tolerance and patience wears out. I've reached that point, and from what I read it seems like many other family play fans feel the same way.
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    The fact that family players are being ignored.
    I'm a family player and despite the lack of toddlers I have never felt that my play style is being ignored. All packs so far have been adding to it and I'm very excited about the variations of clubs we'll be able to create. We know so little of this coming Ep i dont understand how anyone can be so disappointed already.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm annoyed because they are STILL doing their own thing rather than listen to us fans. The feedback we've given them over and over again would be enough to somewhat salvage the mess TS4 is, but all they keep doing is making it worse and worse.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    actually i'm not disappinted but, uahuahahauahau lol, it's a long time i not laughted sor hard and very happy to be "part" of the "bro party" of being a simmer" aauahauh i'm if this is a true sim game and for some peoples "realistic" then i'm very scared about the serie future.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    @Sk8rblaze

I partly understand and partly don't understand your opinion. What do you mean by making it 'worse and worse' To me I see improvements such as the get to work expansion pack which you never get non rabbit holes workplaces in the entire sims series. The free updates such as ghosts and pools. Don't forget the dishwashers that are coming soon.

I understand that most simmers feel like EA isn't listening as I know a lot of them wants toddlers and family play. Yeah they should be working on toddlers from the beginning but you never know, they could be developing toddlers right now as they need plenty of time focusing on it instead of releasing a glitchy unfinished toddler. The family play wasnt great in the sims 3 base game either, it took like a good few expansion packs to get generations. It will probably be the same for the sims 4, maybe we have to wait for another 3 or 4 expansion packs.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    This ain't no Nightlife EP. Where are the restaurants, bowling alleys, karaoke (or do we have that?), skyscrapers? If it was a real NL EP I would be hyperventilating.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze

I partly understand and partly don't understand your opinion. What do you mean by making it 'worse and worse' To me I see improvements such as the get to work expansion pack which you never get non rabbit holes workplaces in the entire sims series. The free updates such as ghosts and pools. Don't forget the dishwashers that are coming soon.

I understand that most simmers feel like EA isn't listening as I know a lot of them wants toddlers and family play. Yeah they should be working on toddlers from the beginning but you never know, they could be developing toddlers right now as they need plenty of time focusing on it instead of releasing a glitchy unfinished toddler. The family play wasnt great in the sims 3 base game either, it took like a good few expansion packs to get generations. It will probably be the same for the sims 4, maybe we have to wait for another 3 or 4 expansion packs.

People have constantly voiced against linear gameplay that offered little to no freedom. What do they do? They release Get To Work, which mainly consists of 3 careers where you HAVE to complete interactions on a checklist to progress.

People constantly voice against young adult, single Sim gameplay, and want more family play in TS4. What do they do? They release an EP centered ALL around young adult, single Sims.

Thats what I'm getting at -- they do their own thing and do not take the overwhelming amount of feedback that their fans give them to try and make this a better game.