Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats in TS4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Hell yeah, I use cheats, and CC, and mods.

I don't go crazy. There is a lot of advantages in the vanilla game that I don't take advantage of, like Never Weary and suchlike, so it balances out in my head.

I use the money cheats sometimes so I can move a household into a lot, then remove money, so they have to find ways to get money.

cas.editmode is the first thing I activate when I load the game, so I can edit those that have been hit by the ugly tree.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    I use

Cas
    freerealestate
    motherlode
    and i use the thing to update their careers
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    edited December 2014
    mirta000 wrote: »
    CCless, modless, cheatless. ^_^

That's my favorite way of playing. The only cheats I ever used were some to fix stuck aspirations and stuck sims.

Wow, very vanilla! I don't know how you can survive, haha. But that helps with loading times and such.
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Yes. I used them to move "npc" sims into households, get them jobs/required skills, set their appropriate friendship/romances and get them an appropriate level of funds based on their careers.

For my main household that I was playing, however, no.
    Oh hey, that's a neat idea. I always get lazy with customizing townies. Maybe in my new game I'd do just that to give more life to my game because TS4 is getting bland
    SimsLovah wrote: »
    How do I use cas ?

You mean the CAS cheat? It's easy. All you have to do is enter CTRL + SHIFT + C then type in, "testingcheats enable" and after that you type in cas.fulleditmode (don't exit out of the cheat window) then right click your Sim and options will pop out.
    Hope that helps!

edit: one of my sentences got cut off for some weird reason.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    For fun, yes. :)
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    I use 'rosebud' if my Sim is having troubling making rent & 'motherload' when I'm building houses.
    But that's pretty much it.
  • Options
    LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    I don't use very many cheats, mostly just resetsim and moveobjectson.... if it fits with the story or I'm playing with a close friend of mine who hates being poor in the game, I'll use motherlode, but that's about it. I go kind of crazy with cc and mods and such, though.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I rarely use money cheats. I will use a motive cheat if a Sim I like is about to die from starvation or something. But if they are an Elder, I will let them go. Usually I only use testingcheats for CAS, moveobjects and showhiddenobjects.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    people play sims without cheating?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    blankspaceblankspace Posts: 169 Member
    hello munchie

1QOTr.gif

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Haven't actually used any in ts4. Depending on the storyline, I have used it in previous games. My first family is almost always the "just starting" bunch, life isn't easy until the 2nd or even 3rd generation. But then sometimes I create the snotty socialite who fell for the homeless guy and she drags him into her world of parties and fancy pants decor. And yeah I do sometimes fix the appearance of my Sims if they grow up to look... um... too odd.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Don't play with cheats. Too boring if the game is too easy. I do build with moveobjects though. I use it to make my landscaping more dense. That's about it. So glad it's back.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I used to use cheats when I was younger. It made the game incredibly boring for me, and then I realised how much fun the game is when you play it normally.

The most I've used is moveobjects, but I quite like the building options in TS4 so I haven't used any building cheats yet.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    I don't use cheats for money, except to get the empty houses that I am not playing filled with families.
    I use the career cheat to get past glitches and broken aspirations--I'm looking at you, whiz kid...

I use full edit CAS to change names upon marriage.