Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins & Triplets

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Lilybells wrote: »
    Is it possible to have twins when you engineer a baby at the hospital in the future? I have a same-sex couple, but I want twins.

@Lilybells: you may have to have your sim do it twice...cause I'm pretty sure you can only get one baby if you do it that way...so maybe have three sims go in the future have your 2 engineer a baby when they come out leave the baby with the third sim and have your sims do it again for the other. Probably the only way.
  • Options
    LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Lilybells wrote: »
    Is it possible to have twins when you engineer a baby at the hospital in the future? I have a same-sex couple, but I want twins.

@Lilybells: you may have to have your sim do it twice...cause I'm pretty sure you can only get one baby if you do it that way...so maybe have three sims go in the future have your 2 engineer a baby when they come out leave the baby with the third sim and have your sims do it again for the other. Probably the only way.

Hmm one time I engineered three babies and they all looked different. I guess it's not possible then. Thanks though!
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had a pregnant sim give birth to twins after a 720 hour pregnancy and the twins are Carol Jankowsky and his sister Carey who were just born when I played earlier and I forgot to pause my game and haven't got the best pictures yet.I'll have about 60 days to get baby pictures of them and 120 days for toddler pictures.My sim pregnancy setting is for 720 hours in NRaas Retuner because I hate the standard 72 hour length which gave no time to get ready.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    GigiK500GigiK500 Posts: 73 Member
    I ALWAYS listen to the kids radio when my sims are pregnant! Twins/Triplets FOR LIFE
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Ami was holding Carey Jankowsky.
    15638871169_a7d4ce60af_z.jpg
    Eli's got Carol Jankowsky.
    15826242222_ff9dd8018a_z.jpg
    I've got the baby stage set to last for about 60 days.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    GigiK500 wrote: »
    I ALWAYS listen to the kids radio when my sims are pregnant! Twins/Triplets FOR LIFE

@Gigik500 Seriously? I never knew this! WhenI played with Morgana Wolff, she became pregnant -immediately after the chime - she turned the radio onto kid's music station. I thought nothing of it and left it on for her. When the time came, she dropped out a son and daughter! ...

...BUT when you saying that Morgana (maybe) will be putting out triplets now, does that include if there's no radio playing anymore? Did her chances of have triplet raise any? I hope she never does triplets, since I'm having a pain just keeping up with these twins!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    GigiK500GigiK500 Posts: 73 Member
    I
    GigiK500 wrote: »

@Gigik500 Seriously? I never knew this! WhenI played with Morgana Wolff, she became pregnant -immediately after the chime - she turned the radio onto kid's music station. I thought nothing of it and left it on for her. When the time came, she dropped out a son and daughter! ...

...BUT when you saying that Morgana (maybe) will be putting out triplets now, does that include if there's no radio playing anymore? Did her chances of have triplet raise any? I hope she never does triplets, since I'm having a pain just keeping up with these twins!

I am not sure I understand your question but if you want twins/triplets again you have to listen to the radio again while your sim is pregnant!
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    My Legacy head had two sets of triplets. The first female triplets was because of my accident playing with nraas's mod with the grim reaper which pollinated her. Her second pregnancy with the male triplets was something unexpected though, she just had a want of having a baby boy and three appeared when i sent her to the hospital. both pregnancy even had the same ration of vampire/human. It was a pain raising them, when they turned into young adults i had to move four of them out (all of the vampires) and retain the human from each set of triplets.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't have pics, but my generation has had 2 sets of triplets in it. My heirs niece's father had natural twins with his wife... I thought that was cool. I love the multiples, but they can be a handful!
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    I don't have pics, but my generation has had 2 sets of triplets in it. My heirs niece's father had natural twins with his wife... I thought that was cool. I love the multiples, but they can be a handful!

they can be a really big pain especially if you'r living with only 9,000+ and in an apartment in the city.
  • Options
    lisastar08lisastar08 Posts: 121 Member
    I don't have any pictures right now, but my sim has a set of triplets, Aidan, Isabella, Kylie. I didn't want triplets for them, especially with having two children already, exited without saving but was too far in already and when she gave birth to b/g/g triplets again I just kept going.
  • Options
    notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Got my first set of triplets. Wife had fertility reward husband drank procreation potion. Ended up with g/g/b. following pregnancy he didn't drink anything and they only had a boy.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member

6PSPmaB.jpg
    Diamond: Couch Potato, Insane, Loves the Outdoors, Light Sleeper

IzfEZMc.jpg
    Maisy: Loves the Heat, Supernatural Fan, Hydrophobic, Athletic

tgbLrm1.jpg
    Mason: Virtuoso, Athletic, Excitable, Easily Impressed

8K4fJi2.jpg
    Ariel: Vegetarian, Good Sense of Humor, Rebellious, Virtuoso

My quads. Both parents had the fertility treatment, and of course I had the mod allowing it. xD
  • Options
    Ila delaIla dela Posts: 1 New Member
    I treid to get triplets but never got any :(
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Ila dela wrote: »
    I treid to get triplets but never got any :(

Normally triplets are a very low chance of occurring. To get triplets you need to increase the chances as much as possible and keep trying. To increase the chances:

1) give both partners the fertility treatment lifetime reward - I've heard there's a better chance of multiple births when both partners have the reward

2) have the pregnant sim listen to the kids radio station as much as possible

3) have the pregnant sim watch the kids channel on TV

I've heard conflicting things about whether watching the kids station on TV while listening to the radio station at the same time is doubly effective or not. I don't know what to believe about doing both together. I usually just have a radio playing in the background as my pregnant sim does everyday things and have them occasionally watch the kids TV channel.

AFAIK, reading the pregnancy books only helps your sim have a good pregnancy (i.e. picking traits of the babies I think). It has no effect on multiple births that I'm aware of.

Other ways to increase the multiple birth odds include something to do with the genie (I don't have that EP so I'm not sure exactly what), and using the massage table from the store (also something I don't have yet). I'm not sure if these methods are redundant with the fertility treatment LTR or not. I have read that the procreation elixir from Supernatural is redundant with the fertility treatment LTR (and needs to be used before birth if you go that route).

If you choose to go after triplets, be prepared for lots of twins along the way.