The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    @moongoddess, ha! Considering her expression, I'm also guessing she knew she was up to no good. I love the way genetics seem to work or at least the influence from the CAS settings. Seeing the weight gain across multiple sims from people's challenges, I love how everyone seems to gain weight differently. Made me feel guilty ordering her to get to the punching bag to slim down a tad and earn me 5 points from the bodybuilding aspiration. I hated always interrupting her fun.
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    I haven't had a chance to play the last few days, hopefully when I get home from work tonight I'll get a little time to play.
  • Options
    cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    So, Ive been lurking in this thread for ages and I have finally decided to give it a go. Im not scoring though, just doing it for fun as I think scoring it will stress me out too much lol.

This is my sim... Hannah Solo
    Screenshot%2B%2813%29.png

And her house, before I moved her in and deleted the door...
    Screenshot%2B%2814%29.png

I will also be using this to test whether or not I have figured out how to install mods successfully, as I have the no weight gain/no muscle gain mod installed (I think!). So Its grilled cheese for you, Hannah, my little guinea pig :)
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    00Nur wrote: »
    @moongoddess, ha! Considering her expression, I'm also guessing she knew she was up to no good. I love the way genetics seem to work or at least the influence from the CAS settings. Seeing the weight gain across multiple sims from people's challenges, I love how everyone seems to gain weight differently. Made me feel guilty ordering her to get to the punching bag to slim down a tad and earn me 5 points from the bodybuilding aspiration. I hated always interrupting her fun.

My sim had yogurt for breakfast (with or without orange juice depending on hunger level) and salad for dinner every single day. Boring, yes, but she didn't gain an ounce and only had to cook (well, chop) once a week.
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited October 2014
    @cornishoven I have the no weight/no muscle thing installed as well. I liked the dynamic weights, but I felt the high end of each slider was just not high enough for some sims, and so with the extended slider range mod I have to use the no weight/fitness change for things to stick.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    I am sad to report that the game with Mira Solo crashed, and apparently something went on there, because there was no auto-save. At the time my Mira disappeared, she had completed writing, painting and programming skills and was making a nice little income. I had to delete a wall section, swing the mailbox opening around to her side, so she could publish her books, then close the wall, and swing the mailbox back around so the mailman could access it, periodically. I hope that was allowed.

One thing I loved about Mira, was that she liked wearing her party and formalwear a LOT. They would make her happy when she was not having any fun or craving social. Maybe she thought she would be allowed out to go to the club....

Question, what is the purpose of raising vegetables besides perfecting the gardening skill?

Anyway, I am going to start Mira Solo again, and I thank you all for your tips and tricks!
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    Naydi wrote: »
    I am sad to report that the game with Mira Solo crashed, and apparently something went on there, because there was no auto-save. At the time my Mira disappeared, she had completed writing, painting and programming skills and was making a nice little income. I had to delete a wall section, swing the mailbox opening around to her side, so she could publish her books, then close the wall, and swing the mailbox back around so the mailman could access it, periodically. I hope that was allowed.

One thing I loved about Mira, was that she liked wearing her party and formalwear a LOT. They would make her happy when she was not having any fun or craving social. Maybe she thought she would be allowed out to go to the club....

Question, what is the purpose of raising vegetables besides perfecting the gardening skill?

Anyway, I am going to start Mira Solo again, and I thank you all for your tips and tricks!

I'm sorry to hear about the crash! What a pain. XD At level 4 gardening you can "Talk to Plants" to raise social. :D

• Options
    Xx_LumiNati_xXXx_LumiNati_xX Posts: 105 Member
    I've just had Isadora cook one group meal and eat that once a day. Otherwise, it's a quick meal for her. But I'm having her stay away from the chips. I also make sure she takes a brisk shower so she's energized to exercise as well at least once a day. She hasn't gained any weight yet.

Sorry to hear your game crashed @Naydi.
    14948075703_d5801b1c42_o.gif
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Wow, where have I been?! This is the first I've heard of this challenge and I can't wait to try it! Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey guys,
    I'm sorry to interrupt, but I have a little suggestion I'm going to leave right here.
    https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
    An open source resizing tool that also brings down the average weight of screenshots. It helps both the viewer of this thread and the owner of the screenshots as they can make better use of the space provided to them by their image-hoster. It also goes a long way to maximizing their monthly bandwith allowance.
    It's win-win.
    That's all, and I won't post anymore in this thread, just lurk. ^^
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    @Naydi, I'm so so sorry to hear about the crash. How incredibly frustrating! It's a real shame that auto-save... doesn't. As for the purpose of gardening, in addition to helping to raise Social by talking to the plants, you can also sell the harvests. It's not much money but in a challenge like this one, every little bit helps.

@Xx_LumiNati_xX I did something similar to keep Yuni svelte. Her diet consisted of mostly scrambled eggs and garden salads. She rarely ate until full (fully filled Hunger Bar) and almost never ate until her Activity Circle was complete (it was usually about 75% complete). I tried my best to stop her (occasionally, if I wasn't paying attention, she gobbled up the last bits). She was never allowed to eat anything even remotely fattening. She rarely exercised. I bought her a treadmill and punching bag, both of which she used, maybe, 4-5 times before I put them in the storage room (no room in the challenge house). Although I did not take pictures before or after, visually it does not appear that she gained any weight at all.

Good idea about the Energized showers and doing equipment-less exercises, though! Smart! Too bad our Sims can't Dance Off the Pounds or workout via a TV show.

@Zarriel, never too late to start. Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    Xx_LumiNati_xXXx_LumiNati_xX Posts: 105 Member
    Thanks @SimPoseyYum. Isadora has about 5000 simoleons and I think I may replace the fridge. She's usually doing sit ups, but she has the want to hip bump someone, and I really want to see that. After she is done with the challenge. I also took advantage of her being energized and am having her write a workout guide.
    14948075703_d5801b1c42_o.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Naydi Hi. You can create a small 3x2 fenced outdoor portion of your 8x8 hovel to put the mailbox in. The mailman/woman will just toss the mail into it (It's almost like magic how that works). Then you won't have to keep deleting and re-adding. Much easier on you.

Also, use the 'Save as' and 'Open' options for saving and starting instead of relying on the autosave. Autosave is very chancey and not worth the hassle. Hope this helps.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    @Naydi Hi. You can create a small 3x2 fenced outdoor portion of your 8x8 hovel to put the mailbox in. The mailman/woman will just toss the mail into it (It's almost like magic how that works). Then you won't have to keep deleting and re-adding. Much easier on you.

Also, use the 'Save as' and 'Open' options for saving and starting instead of relying on the autosave. Autosave is very chancey and not worth the hassle. Hope this helps.

Yes, that is a good idea...about the mailbox. And about the saving...NOW you tell me!

This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    @Naydi Sorry hun, we just assume everyone knows by now. ;)

Bugs, bugs, bugs... Oh how we wish they didn't bug us so.
  • Options
    Hopefully they'll put out a new patch update soon, and not wait for November. Once pools arrive there will definitely be more bugs. I'd like to play with as many things fixed as possible, before having to play with a whole new set of things needing to be fixed. XD
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    MzMonikki wrote: »
    Ok... So, I have a question. I am doing the room challenge , which, by the way I think is a really cool challenge. I have followed all of the rules so far. Not sure if I can keep up with the scoring, but I will try. My question is, how would I get rid of the garbage that builds up in the trash bin? I have just started, so no trash yet, but just wondering.

Get the Nano trash can, it will pay you for your garbage. It is green and white in color.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    In my first go with this challenge, I used the Nano trashcan. Given that it only paid 10 per trashing (my Sim, Yuni, rarely made any trash, including salvage bits), I doubt I made enough to clear the cost of the can (1200), but upside is it never needed to be emptied into the outside trash. Sometimes, I *did* make money on the can. I never allowed Yuni to waste time with drinks, so every time she pulled an orange juice or milk from the fridge, I took it away from her and trashed it. The drink cost 3, the trash paid back 10. Score!!!

In my second go at this, I do not have a trashcan in the house at all. Instead, I made an attached outside area which holds the outdoor trashcan (it doubles as an outdoor garden). Rather than asking my Sim, Serenity, to put things in the trash, I assign her other tasks and I carry the trash to the can for her. Bottom line, trash is emptied and Serenity makes better use of her time doing skilling/Aspiration-related tasks.

Hmmmm, now that I write this, I think I'm going to put the trashcan on the other side (outside) of the fence. I'll still have access to it but it won't take up valuable real estate.

• Options
    In my first go with this challenge, I used the Nano trashcan. Given that it only paid 10 per trashing (my Sim, Yuni, rarely made any trash, including salvage bits), I doubt I made enough to clear the cost of the can (1200), but upside is it never needed to be emptied into the outside trash. Sometimes, I *did* make money on the can. I never allowed Yuni to waste time with drinks, so every time she pulled an orange juice or milk from the fridge, I took it away from her and trashed it. The drink cost 3, the trash paid back 10. Score!!!

In my second go at this, I do not have a trashcan in the house at all. Instead, I made an attached outside area which holds the outdoor trashcan (it doubles as an outdoor garden). Rather than asking my Sim, Serenity, to put things in the trash, I assign her other tasks and I carry the trash to the can for her. Bottom line, trash is emptied and Serenity makes better use of her time doing skilling/Aspiration-related tasks.

Hmmmm, now that I write this, I think I'm going to put the trashcan on the other side (outside) of the fence. I'll still have access to it but it won't take up valuable real estate.

Mine never had the chance to go for a drink. I watched her like a hawk and worked her every waking second :)
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    This is my sim... Hannah Solo
    Screenshot%2B%2813%29.png

Pretty.
  • Options
    cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    Thanks @DerekJohnson :) I feel she is far too pretty to be locked away and cant wait to release her from her prison (bit of a fairytale story, really).
  • Options
    Next time I go through this challenge, I'm going to have "When Will My Life Begin" from Tangled playing on repeat.

It should be done with a big beefy dude as well, because, yes.
  • Options
    PruThistlePruThistle Posts: 97 Member
    I really have no interest in building anything in this game because all the colors are so freakin' boring! This one big omission has ruined the game for me.
    I have been a fan from the very beginning but taking away the ability to custom color is a deal breaker for me. If I can't change colors or patterns in the game, I don't want to build anything, and then what's the use of even playing? I am so disheartened.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    PruThistle wrote: »
    I really have no interest in building anything in this game because all the colors are so freakin' boring! This one big omission has ruined the game for me.
    I have been a fan from the very beginning but taking away the ability to custom color is a deal breaker for me. If I can't change colors or patterns in the game, I don't want to build anything, and then what's the use of even playing? I am so disheartened.

I used to create my own CC in S2 all the time. It was far superior to what I could create with S3's colour/pattern selectors. Personally, my homes in this game are quite beautiful. I don't have a problem coordinating. I do hope we'll be able to introduce our own colours and patterns in the future though. I would like more personal choices.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    With that garbage can I really recommend NOT having a kitchen sink, and only using the pedestal kind in the bathroom. That way you can put your dirty dishes in the can for $10 each as well as garbage. My Sim kept on trying to wash the dish before I could stop her, so I just sold the sink. Now she puts her dirty dishes on the counter, and I can move them to the trash for cash.

I think my Sim Charlee ended the challenge thinner than she began it. I only fed her eggs, or eggs and toast, and only when her hunger got completely into the red. Her other moods were high enough that being uncomfortable from the hunger never bothered her. She ate a little less than once a day with no problems, and even less once I got her the reward that makes her not hungry. For my second try, I made my new Sim as skinny as she could go, and even removed her meager curves. I wanted to see exactly how much weight she would put on during the challenge.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top