May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reconciling After Divorce

I admit, I usually make my Sims' lives pretty boring. They're always kind of perfect. So I decided to spice things up and add a little drama. For no reason at all, I had the husband cheat on the wife with their neighbor. He got her pregnant, and wife walked in on them woohooing. They got a divorce and husband now lives w/ neighbor.

I thought it would be interesting to see if they could reconcile because I saw there were new interactions between the two, like "remember common interests" and "find a common ground" and stuff. But my Sims were having NONE OF IT. Mannnnn do they hate each other. There's no going back.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if everything is just too fresh right now and that's why every interaction turns out to be a negative one. Over time will all the angry redness disappear from their relationship bars and they could start from scratch?

Comments

• Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Just like my parents. So sounds about right
  • Options
    XminajestyXXminajestyX Posts: 216 Member
    Apparently sims have "memories" in this game. So its harder to regain relationships since they have that past. Even if they do make up, they will act differently to each other because they had that experience with each other. I think its quite cool actually.

For example, if a sim was mean to your sim both as a child, then as young adults they tried to become friends it would be much harder then TS3 because they had that experience earlier in the sims life.
  • Options
    kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
    oh thats interesting. they hold grudges! how realistic.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    My sim cheated on his wife with another man, but I can't kick him out. They are both angry and I'm not sure if I will have them reconcile. They were boring me so I had to spice things up. ;)
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    i couldnt kick the husband out, either, i had to manage households and manually add him to the neighbor's house.
  • Options
    i couldnt kick the husband out, either, i had to manage households and manually add him to the neighbor's house.

I figured that's what I'd have to do. They really should have the option to leave.
  • Options
    i agree - wasnt that in a previous game? or am i inventing a memory?
  • Options
    Yep, it was in both TS2 and TS3. Only in TS2 whoever called it quits is the one who ended up leaving (if I remember right, because that drove me crazy). After I moved her ex-husband out she was no longer sad, which was great. I got her into an energized mood, and she headed to the gym where she dropped those pesky baby pounds she gained. She's now looking great and looking for a new love interest who will appreciate her and her children.
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    Yeah, I think the only way to remove a Sim from the household is to use manage household. But you can move them off world instead of to an existing household, which is basically the same thing.

I did this when I had my sim marry a townie only to find out that he was 1 day from becoming an elder...and she was a young adult.

He was older than her parents so I made them get a divorce and then moved him out >.>
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    > @kturner1015 said:
    > I admit, I usually make my Sims' lives pretty boring. They're always kind of perfect. So I decided to spice things up and add a little drama. For no reason at all, I had the husband cheat on the wife with their neighbor. He got her pregnant, and wife walked in on them woohooing. They got a divorce and husband now lives w/ neighbor.
    >
    > I thought it would be interesting to see if they could reconcile because I saw there were new interactions between the two, like "remember common interests" and "find a common ground" and stuff. But my Sims were having NONE OF IT. Mannnnn do they hate each other. There's no going back.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if everything is just too fresh right now and that's why every interaction turns out to be a negative one. Over time will all the angry redness disappear from their relationship bars and they could start from scratch?

@kturner - I did the same thing in my game (added a little bit of drama to spice it up). I have experienced exactly what you mentioned. Yes over time the red bar will decrease, which will allow for some more positive interactions. My couple divorced and they can talk now, even flirt a little bit. But it's taken a very long time for that red bar to go down.
    A quick question for you: when you made the husband cheat on the wife, was she jealous? In my current game, my husband cheats right in front of the wife, and she doesn't even get up upset. I must say, I miss the Sims 3 jealousy Lol.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
    Just have him apologize in bed. That's a makeup woohoo that brings the romance back up. ;)
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Just have him apologize in bed. That's a makeup woohoo that brings the romance back up. ;)

hahahaha xD
    and then the woohoo was unsatisfactory
    and things get worse!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

hahahaha xD
    and then the woohoo was unsatisfactory
    and things get worse!

No they get satisfactory woohoo most of the time.

• Options
    @sha2520032003 yes, the wife did get jealous. it was strange at first - she walked in, there they were - woohooing in front of her. she just stands there for a second like a dope, but then she started to cry and the moodlet said "jealous." then when they finished and he got out of bed, she automatically went up to him and started yelling at him despite Free Will not being turned on.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,805 Member
    I'm playing a Legacy family, currently. The woman he selected ended up being an Elder, and I kid you not she changed instantaneously (and I don't mean she morphed into an Elder) right after they took their vows. I suddenly realized she had GRAY hair. After the wedding event was over (and it wouldn't allow me to do this during) I had him invite his bride to "move-in" Really, EA? I mean, seriously? (This should be pretty much automatic.) Once I could control her I took a peek at her stats. She was 101 days old! This was already my second attempt at my legacy, so I was pretty much bummed out. So, I did the only logical thing. I had my Founder pour on the charm to the woman he almost asked to marry him, before Maddie the hag appeared, and then had him move her in. I almost waited until Madalyn Haley passed away. Glad I didn't as she lasted until she was 110 days old. When I moved in Sawyer, she had 15 days before she turns into an elder. Phew! My Founder made the mistake of coming home from work one night and he kissed Sawyer on the cheek, in front of Madalyn. Oopsie, what she ever ANGRY. Her moodlet showed she was jealous. In fact, she died still angry (not from the anger, just to be clear, it stated she died of old age.) I let her vent. I let her rant and rave, I let her take a cold shower. Nothing helped. Had she not perished later that evening on the bathroom floor, who knows? My Founder is very sad.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yeah, I play kind of boring too.
    Glad you made HIM the cheater :D
    If my Sim got divorced, I would not even consider getting them back together :p Time to move on B)
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    So your sim was caught in the act and finished while she was standing there crying? What a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Wulfsimmer2Wulfsimmer2 Posts: 20 New Member
    Sorry for reviving this OLD VERY OLD thread but I am really having trouble getting my siks back together. HOW DO THEY STOP HATING EACH OTHER WITH EVERY INTERACTION :/
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Sorry for reviving this OLD VERY OLD thread but I am really having trouble getting my siks back together. HOW DO THEY STOP HATING EACH OTHER WITH EVERY INTERACTION :/

You got to give them time. The red bar will go down after some time of no interaction :smile:
  • Options
    Wulfsimmer2Wulfsimmer2 Posts: 20 New Member
    [quote="lmkiture;14499573"][quote="Wulfsimmer2;14499560"]Sorry for reviving this OLD VERY OLD thread but I am really having trouble getting my siks back together. HOW DO THEY STOP HATING EACH OTHER WITH EVERY INTERACTION :/[/quote]

You got to give them time. The red bar will go down after some time of no interaction :smile: [/quote]

:O Thanks for the tip ^_^
  • Options
    KrismarificationKrismarification Posts: 4 New Member
    How much time? I made a mistake and now my sims hate eachother. But I want them to get married and make babies soon... The romancebar is all red but they are still best friends.. If they try flirting they get all uncomfortable.
    So how much time? Like a sims-week? More?
  • Options
    The sim I currently play with, Brooke-Lynn; her father cheated on her mother and had three children with another woman in the neighborhood (1 single birth and 1 set of twins). Her mother Mackenzie was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at him for a long time and even started seeing a younger man at one point. Eventually, she broke it off with the younger guy and after sometime her and her ex-husband reunited and got married again. The second time around was MUCH happier and Brooke-Lynn and her sister, Lacey, got a new brother out of it.

I got bored so I had him cheat, and my game got really interesting after that, because they'd been together since they were teens! I didn't cause problems in their marriage until he became an adult (and I play on long so they were together for a long time).
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    How much time? I made a mistake and now my sims hate eachother. But I want them to get married and make babies soon... The romancebar is all red but they are still best friends.. If they try flirting they get all uncomfortable.
    So how much time? Like a sims-week? More?
    Try using various methods to make them both flirty (there are a couple options from the mirror + there's the shower one). If both are flirty, there's a better chance of success when using romantic interactions.

I don't know that there's actually any kind of time limit on it. What I do know is, after reading this thread, I went into a save of mine where I'd divorced a couple and manipulated them into going all the way from declared enemies and divorced (full red in both bars) to best friends and married again. So it's definitely possible to do. Granted, some days had passed and they were both over the divorce, so I don't know if that factors in.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I admit, I usually make my Sims' lives pretty boring. They're always kind of perfect. So I decided to spice things up and add a little drama. For no reason at all, I had the husband cheat on the wife with their neighbor. He got her pregnant, and wife walked in on them woohooing. They got a divorce and husband now lives w/ neighbor.

I thought it would be interesting to see if they could reconcile because I saw there were new interactions between the two, like "remember common interests" and "find a common ground" and stuff. But my Sims were having NONE OF IT. Mannnnn do they hate each other. There's no going back.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if everything is just too fresh right now and that's why every interaction turns out to be a negative one. Over time will all the angry redness disappear from their relationship bars and they could start from scratch?

I always create drama then end up regretting it afterwards. My sim couple were perfect for each other until I meddled and made the guy have an affair with a neighbor and get her pregnant. rip

Yeah, I've had very little to no luck reconciling unless I waited a long amount of time and kept them apart without talking. Even then, they tend not to enjoy each others' presence, so I just have them move on. It helps if you don't use romantic interactions at all until their relationship has mended by friendly talk.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I always love to add a little drama, usually one of them cheating on the other, resulting in a pregnancy, or two.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top