Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA up to its old tricks with SecuROM in TS2 Ultimate Collection

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AelingQueenAelingQueen Posts: 235 New Member
    Either I'm extremely lucky or I did everything right as far as my games go. As I said before, I'm not going to meddle with anything. Like dominimp said, I love these games too much. No way I'm giving 'em up.
  • Options
    ClisairClisair Posts: 33 Member
    > @LunarSimsGaming said:
    > What's so bad about securom? Seriously.

Some people, including me, lost hard drive, cd-rom drives and even dvd-rom drives because of the same version that is on s2uc. I personally had 1 hard drive bricked, another MBR wiped beyond repair and had a cd and dvd drive as well as a lagit burner rendered inoperable and unrepairable. That is why it is so bad. I usually happens to those that need to use burner software (for legal purposes) and those that do a lot of graphic work or anything that messes with memory locations.

I would be looking at my texture files and then suddenly get a blue screen or a warning that I was trying to look at an unauthorised and illegal file. The thought of that happening again had kept me from buying a lot of titles that I would like to play.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2014
    Clisair wrote: »
    > @LunarSimsGaming said:<br />
    > What's so bad about securom? Seriously.<br />
    <br />
    Some people, including me, lost hard drive, cd-rom drives and even dvd-rom drives because of the same version that is on s2uc. I personally had 1 hard drive bricked, another MBR wiped beyond repair and had a cd and dvd drive as well as a lagit burner rendered inoperable and unrepairable. That is why it is so bad. I usually happens to those that need to use burner software (for legal purposes) and those that do a lot of graphic work or anything that messes with memory locations.<br />
    <br />
    I would be looking at my texture files and then suddenly get a blue screen or a warning that I was trying to look at an unauthorised and illegal file. The thought of that happening again had kept me from buying a lot of titles that I would like to play.

Why do they need to use something that does damage to peoples PCs to protect their darn games??? If they are going to use that crap then EA needs to be ready for the repair bills people are going to start handing to them. >.<
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?