Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just leave it there, its only your violin.

Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
Its a small thing I know, but can we PLEASE have it so when your sim is done playing his/her instrument it goes BACK to their inventory instead of them just leaving it anywhere? They seem to manage to keep them in there outside on other lots but on their home lot when the stop playing they just drop it where they are lol.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    JunoJuno Posts: 35 Member
    I second this. It's extremely annoying :P
    :)
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    when i played my violin in 5th grade at home, i would put it back in it's box and not carry it around with me ...
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    I actually like the fact that they tend to leave them on their home lot, as I tend to have music areas set up, and in Sims 3, they would abscond with the main attraction. I do wish they would put them back exactly where I left them though.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I have a music area at home with one guitar and then an inventory guitar for traveling about. My guy used to put that one back in inventory, but then he stopped. I don't know why. Same with teen daughter and her homework. I'm wondering if one of the patches broke that. Patches can be that way: fix one thing, break 2 other things.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I wish they'd leave it in the spot it was in before too. It is very annoying. My child sim always just throws it next to his bed and then can't get into bed because its right there >.<
  • Options
    Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    I made mine go outside with his as he was so bad it was annoying everyone - still on the lot though but in the garden - he still left it outside!
  • Options
    FlintNo1FlintNo1 Posts: 68 Member
    I agree it either should go back to their inventory or back to its position as I like mine on a tilt in a corner but maybe I'm a bit odd it drives me crazy though.
    SimsSig01_zpsdc4454f3.png
  • Options
    I wish they'd leave it in the spot it was in before too. It is very annoying. My child sim always just throws it next to his bed and then can't get into bed because its right there >.<

I would not mind if you could just click on it and it had two choices: "Keep Here" or "Keep in inventory" which would solve both problems me thinks.
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    Paneth48 wrote: »
    I would not mind if you could just click on it and it had two choices: "Keep Here" or "Keep in inventory" which would solve both problems me thinks.

Agreed. That would be beautiful.

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think it would be helpful if a sim could put the violin back exactly where they found it because I'm really tired of cleaning up after them!
  • Options
    LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    Yes i agree! Its the same with anything they have, they just leave it anywhere.. My teenager couldnt do her homework for a sim week cause we could find it anywhere..
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    LisaHahn wrote: »
    Yes i agree! Its the same with anything they have, they just leave it anywhere.. My teenager couldnt do her homework for a sim week cause we could find it anywhere..

Sounds like some of my family members, lol. Darn, this game is just too realistic!

• Options
    GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    Kind of bothers me too. I use to put it back in their inventory every time. Now I'm just lazy and leave it where they put it.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Options
    LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    Sucom wrote: »

Sounds like some of my family members, lol. Darn, this game is just too realistic!
    LOL!! yeah thats my own daughter in real life :)

• Options
    Phoenix1255Phoenix1255 Posts: 167 Member
    Lightests wrote: »
    when i played my violin in 5th grade at home, i would put it back in it's box and not carry it around with me ...

Aww, come on, what if your sim wanted to play beautiful music in the park? When it comes to the sims logic has to go out the window. Remember in the sims 3 the car your sim was driving was pocketed. XD
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Sucom wrote: »

If you lose the homework, you can buy another one from the bookcase for $1. That's what I had to do with my teen. Eventually found the other one; it's a large house, easy to miss.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Be happy its their violin and not their kids like TS4 though thats what the bassinet is there for I suppose.
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Be happy its their violin and not their kids like TS4 though thats what the bassinet is there for I suppose.

Remember in Sims 3 when you had a high enough friendship with some one they would let you hold their kid and then just leave? lol
  • Options
    mljones88mljones88 Posts: 272 Member
    Has anyone tried to train their
    Sims to put their stuff away? I'm on my way home to do that. I get tired of her whipping out her Ipad then setting it down any ole where.
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    Yeah I've noticed this! They don't seem very 'smart' to me lol.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    That moment when they get done playing guitar because they need to pee and put it in front of the bathroom door. Dear Sim - you're smart in many ways but this is not one of them.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Once you put it in your Sim's inventory, that's where it should always go once they are done using it unless you manually take it out.

Its soo simple.
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I wish my sims would put their instruments back where they found them when they play them on their home lots. It really irks me that they leave them in the middle of the floor. Like I always have these designated spots for instruments, it helps with movement and aesthetics. They totally messes with feng shui when they don't put them back. :[
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Remember the thread what's mine is mine and yours, too - from the other day? They're just leaving it for the next Sim to play. Smarter sims my bee-hind.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    TheFoxOnTheWallTheFoxOnTheWall Posts: 23 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Yes would be nice to see Sims place their items back in their rightful spot. Every item as its place in our homes ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top