The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't seem to get the counters to attach in corners

I saw some pre-made kitchens with the counters attached at the corner. I tried it on my own and they won't attached. I even turned off auto counters. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Comments

• Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    Try turning ON the auto counters, or selecting and placing the corner pieces manually with auto counters turned off.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    when you pick a counter, there is a sub menu with the different shapes the cabinets come in...sounds like you need to click on a corner section.
  • Options
    Rosemyst21Rosemyst21 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. Where is the sub menu? Not seeing any pop up for me when I select a counter I want to use.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited September 2014
    Rosemyst21 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. Where is the sub menu? Not seeing any pop up for me when I select a counter I want to use.

When you click on the color swatches for a cabinet it opens the little menu thing to the left.

40f33ac6-eb19-43cf-bbcb-2a5922955bc8.png

Hitting the tool icon to turn off autodraw is what opens it up.
  • Options
    Rosemyst21Rosemyst21 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    senoracarmen0112senoracarmen0112 Posts: 6 New Member
    Awesome! I will try this. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I found the sub menu--and have used some.

I am still having some trouble with placing some cabinets though, with the auto cabinet
    feature turned "off".
    I have tried using different cabinets; but have a hard time getting them to "connect"---a few of
    them still leave a little space between them, as SenoraCarmen said.

I was just trying to use them in a straight line, with a refrig between.
    Either I still am choosing the wrong ones--or they just aren't coming out right for the floor
    squares with the fridge?

Has anyone else experienced this too?

Ex: I tried using the end glass cabinet & placing it on the end (left) of my other cabinets---it would
    not click into place. I tried rotating it--it seemed to only want to go into a "right" handed position?
    Is there anyway to fix this? I was thinking a "end" cabinet would be able to be placed either end?
  • Options
    CassieblckCassieblck Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I am having this same problem. I cannot seem to get them to connect without spaces between them. :(
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    In a case like that I usually just hit "alt" and shove things around millimeter by millimeter to make them a perfect fit ;)
    but that would mean you'd have to shove around everything... or... hmm... just the fridge...
    And before you ask: as long as it can be placed, it's fully functional ;)
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    @Asante @Cassieblck @Junebug6620, you are going to have to use alt. I had the same problem when I was placing counters. Yep routing is a lot better in the sims 4 so everything will be functional.
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    ...you are going to have to use alt. I had the same problem when I was placing counters. Yep routing is a lot better in the sims 4 so everything will be functional.

The only downside here is that I can't push things into each other. *sad kitty face*
    I miss my weird monster MOO fountains...
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    @Asante, yep I really miss the moveobjects cheat. I heard that they were working on one though. It would be really helpful.
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    some counters are meant to be end pieces, so they are shorter because of that....
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Yeah, but they don't seem to have made a Left end piece to match the Right end piece. Not that I would use both in one kitchen--I just thought all cabinets one should have the choice of using the exact same cabinet for either the Left or Right hand position...

BTW--Thank you, Lovelylyssia095 for sharing your experience with the cabinets. :)
  • Options
    gamerrecordtvgamerrecordtv Posts: 63 Member
    I ll also try this