Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Any 15 Year Simmers Here?

bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
So... I saw a few posts this evening where individuals were addressing Grant as being a 14 year simmer.

I actually would consider myself a 15-year simmer. Maybe even longer. I knew about The Sims back when it was just a pet project of Will's.

I'm curious, anyone else hanging around here in the same boat? And if not, when did you start?
And just to make it interesting: in all of those years, what was your favorite expansion? Mine was actually Island Paradise, I love island living!

ETA: For clarification if you knew about this game when it was actually called the "Doll House Project" (btw, best idea ever - changing the name) you've been a simmer longer than 14 years :)

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
Post edited by bflury on

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I guess if you count the time I spent playing SimCity 2000, it's been 15 years.

My favorite expansion so far has been Supernatural. I also loved the original Makin' Magic (I guess there's a pattern there. :smile: )
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited September 2014
    @bflury, Yep, I know as a fact that there are quite a few of us who have been following the Sims for that long. I call myself a 14 year simmer though, because following it is not the same as playing it. And only beta testers of TS1 would have been playing it longer than 14 years. ;)

If you count all of the other Sim XXX games, I've been a "Simmer" for much more than 14 years. I bought every single game Maxis ever made since 1989 and the original Sim City.

As far as what my favorite expansion was, that's a tough one to decide, but probably either Hot Date or Open For Business. They are the two I reminisce about most fondly so probably would qualify as my favorites.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    hereforthesimshereforthesims Posts: 106 Member
    It's been 14 years for me. My favourite expansion - I'd say it was probably Generations.
    thorne_zps21f5e8b2.jpg
    ll The Thorne Legacy ll Violet Thorne ll Founder ll
  • Options
    Blondie50291Blondie50291 Posts: 97 Member
    Since 2000. Gamer and sim lover ever since :smile:
    highfive.gif
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    Not here, Just a 10-year simmer :(
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    it's been 14 years for me and my favorite expansion is Makin Magic for the sims 1.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    When Makin' Magic came out, it was Christmas when I got the expansion pack, hands down one of the best presents ever!
    highfive.gif
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 644 Member
    I am a 10 year simmer, I started playing back with the sims 2.
    Check out my Youtube channel where I create life simulation gaming videos including content about the Sims 4! MellowGamerChick YT
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    I was too young to be playing in 2000. But Ive been playing for about 11 years, played all 3 games full out.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I played, SimTowers, SimAnts, Simfarm, SimEarth, SimCity on Nintendo ... All the Simcities after, and All the Sims series, but Sims 4...
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    ive been playing since simtower and other sim games so about that long since i was 10ish
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    Well was playing the sims back on the release date of the Sim 1. and my very first game i've ever played on my computer was Sim ant. (i was 4 when Sim Ant was released) so i'm more of a 23years Simmer. but if you want to get to get to THE SIms than yeah i'm a 15years simmer
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    TDeppe1966TDeppe1966 Posts: 186 Member
    I have been playing sims from the start. I remember being so excited that finally someone made a game like this.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    14 years here.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I only call myself a simmer for how long I've played it, 14 years which is actually starting to sound a bit sad lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    h2onailsh2onails Posts: 155 Member
    No.. I'm 14 year simmer. My favorite of all time was sims vacation. I spent so much time making hotels lol.

I remember one sims game.. it was like a safari and there were fires that would burn everything.. but i dont know when it came out.
    selfish and lazy and greedy
  • Options
    sims3_hooked_mesims3_hooked_me Posts: 16 Member
    I've been a Simmer from Will Wright times!!!!
  • Options
    Loving our dedication :smiley:
    highfive.gif
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    it's been 14 years for me and my favorite expansion is Makin Magic for the sims 1.

I knew about the game in 2002. I kind of put it off for a bit and then I saw the adverts for Makin Magic - and when I went to Walmart to buy it, my mom told me about having to get the base game to play. I was bummed so I kind of procrastinated again. When I remembered I wanted the game, MM was sold out so I bought Super Star and then MM at a later date in 2004. That's when I saw the preview disc for TS2. By the next summer after I started with TS1, TS2 was out and I was playing that over my friend's house. It was the coolest experience ever, transitioning from Ts1 to TS2. So many huge changes.

Also, just 2 months ago I went to a vintage/pawn gaming shop with my boyf. Got the entire Sims 1 series for 10 bucks and play it on my lower-end laptop. MM is still my favorite to this day :D
  • Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    I've been playing a good 8 years. I started with the Sims 2 on PS2.
    Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I've been around since the release of Sims 1. My husband bought it for me as a gift. I hadn't heard of it. My first sim starved to death because I hate reading directions and he wouldn't feed himself. :'(:p
    I think my favorite expansion was Bon Voyage. Ah - Apartment Life. No. Seasons. It is so hard to choose. They were in TS2. I never connected to my sims the way that I did in TS2. I loved Bon Voyage so much. My sims went on a lot of vacations and honeymoons. Grandparents took their grandkids camping and my original couple bought a house in China. Oh, I love it so much. I was delighted when Seasons came out. I just ermember listening to the rain and thunder. It was amazing. And Apartment Life was great. It made the game feel so real. Much easier to play as a no cheat and create a nice life. :)
    I love this game.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I have been playing the sims for 14 years. I bought the sims 1 in 2000 for a birthday gift. I was hooked. I had all the games and EP's until the sims 4 came out. I can't see myself buying this game any time soon. It cost way too much for what's in the game. If they had expanded the game from the sims 3 I would have gladly paid that much. But I don't think the sims 4 is worth it.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    14 years here as well. I started in 2000.
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Sims 1 making magic. Loved it. I've been a simmer ever since.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Hmm...I've played every sims game in existence, including SimAnt and SimIsle. Plus the SimCities and countless others that I spent a lot of money on over the course of my life. LOL. I'm not proud...seriously...