Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's everyone been doing?

So admittedly I've been spending most of my time of late in my OTHER addiction, Elder Scrolls Online. Who else plays? LOL Anyway, now that we no longer have the excitement of wondering what the awesome store team will come up with next or, even more fun for me, coming up with new ideas for things we'd like to see them make, what has everyone been up to? What have you been building? What's been happening to your Sims? Share! :)

Comments

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I was building the historic Zippin Pippin roller coaster from 1929. These coaster tracks are bigger in size than I thought they'd be even on a 64X64 lot! I thought I'd be able to get 2 coasters plus the Grand Carousel, but it'd require HEAVY modifications to the Zippin Pippin. I may need to loose the second coaster because my park is over-crowded! I still need my arcade, food (Chocolatefalls and carts?), plus a table, "Kid's Korner" (spring rides) and a toilet would be nice. I HAD an outdoor theater planned IF I had any extra space, but that AIN'T happening! It looks likes my "LibertyLand" sim park will require some serious srinkage, so it's back to my drawingboard.

By the way, I called mine "LibertyLand" since "Sim Land" was taken. Plus it WAS a real theme park that operated from 1976-2005. It closed due to money issues. The entire park was torn down and is now a city park called "Liberty Park". The Zippin Pippin (also from from LibertyLand) was moved to Green Bay, Wisconsin and still operates. The only remains of LibertyLand and the Zippin Pippin are two dedication plaques. I remember having a great time and fun everytime I went to LibertyLand as a kid.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    I built Blue Belle Manour, which you can find in my studio. I was building a Victorian for MsPrissy, and I was keen to try out the Now an Then Roof pieces... So I did. And it got featured, YAY! :D
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Wow, those are both some pretty cool endeavors! Gonna go take a peek at that house....you know I can never resist anything Victorian!
  • Options
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8407493
    It's adorable Jane! Check it out folks!
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Not too much going on with me, I did finish my last build for the sims 3
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770597/elope-to-venetian-theme-park-now-available/p1

Also waiting for The Sims 4 to arrive.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I've been collecting simpoints from the ads, making changes to the Amore Venue, and playing with the Monty family in Monte Vista. Isabella passed away after she caught her bum on fire between two chairs. Unfortunately, no one could reach her... But she did manage to have two more children beforehand (not counting the one she was pregnant with from the start and the little girl), so her poor husband had to take care of four children all by his lonesome. The eldest child will be aging up to young adult soon and I plan to take her to university, where she will study art. :)
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I have been playing Island Paradise. My very poor Sim Bought Horbart's resort. She spends her days diving and collecting fish and rocks for money while slowly getting the Resort some decent revenues. My old laptop couldn't play Isla Paradiso because of the lag but my new laptop combined with NRAAS mods got rid of the lags.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I've been having fun rediscovering Sims 2. I had forgotten how much fun that game really was/is. I also forgot how hard having a pregnant sim in that game was! The poor sim is always hungry and exhausted and constantly falling asleep in her food. She also is apparently really fertile. She keeps popping out twins. B)
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    It is sad but have not had much time to play lately RL in the way, but hopefully things will settle and I can get back to my Sims families.
  • Options
    I've been playing more Elder Scrolls Online than Sims of late but I am itching to get some mods installed and start in on my medieval Romania revamp of Hidden Springs using the awesome roads mods Cinderellimouse made for me!
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I've mostly been collecting simpoints from the ads and trying to get some cool things with them. I already managed to get the Old Mill set and the bakery venue :D I'm also hoping they won't start the new rotation before the Now and Then Century manor comes up next week... I missed it the last time, because it was on at night :(

I haven't been playing much lately. Just haven't felt like it. I actually haven't even touched the bakery venue yet. But now I'm planning on going back to my vampire, which I haven't been playing with for a long time. She's currently living with her cloned genie child and the child's IF turned real, but I was thinking of moving her to Bridgeport just by herself. And I was thinking the Now Manor could be a house somewhere on the edge of the town (I'll probably have to bulldoze something to make room), and that she used to live there like about a hundred years ago, and now she's returning

For some reason I just really want to play with a vampire. I'm currently watching the last season of True Blood, and I'm so going to miss Eric and Pam :( And a lot of the others too, really.

But even if I don't manage to get the manor on DD, I might just move Alexandra to Bridgeport anyway. I think she could turn Matthew Hamming into a vampire :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Playing the sweet household I saw my robot swim in the lake, never knew robots swam,
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    I never realized they could either until in one of the ITF loading/find the object screens showed one in water. I thought they'd short out!

My laptop's charger died, and it's a whopping 19.5V charger so stores don't carry them around me- so I had to order it online and I swear it feels like it's been 600 years since ordering it. I'm using a company laptop in the mean time, but obviously have no video games on it, so no simming. I'm missing my sims so much! Plus I wanted to pre-load TS4 to beat the rush but that's not happening as Monday is a holiday. :(
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    I've gotten sucked back into WoW lately, but I've also been playing my hippie family in the Sims.
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • Options
    Alas, our lovely little community seems to have indeed been diminished by the loss of our beloved TS3 Store and the cruel forced move to this visually hideous and retina-searing site. It makes me very sad indeed. So much so that I continue to neglect my Sims in favor of my ESO characters.
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Well, I've been hemming. Sometimes I wonder if I should just use duck-tape - I know in a couple of months I'll just be letting everything down again. Oh, sigh. I think children grow much faster than they used to. ;)

When I have time to get back to simming I've got to clean up after the Silly Sisters who've turned all my pretty DV faeries to Toads!

And then there's @Cinderellimouse 's new nectar mod. I can't decide which is more fun: making strange new nectar combinations or going to the Nectary and having my sim "taste" 'em. Wolfbane Nectar anyone? I'm addicted.

I love Cinderelli's new mods. simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/

It is kind of lonely here for us holdouts. :'(
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm going to be playing TS4, but also continue playing TS3, and probably TS2! They all seem to have such different feelings to them, that sometimes I crave one type of game play and other times the other game. I've spent so much time and money on TS3 to even think of tossing it to the wind! It's a marvelous game, and I hope us TS3 players can continue to congregate here as we have for a long time. Familiar faces are always lovely.
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    *comes out of lurk mode*

@dizzydee_k My sim autonomously made red valerian root pancakes last night! I was thinking... 'Hmmm... maybe they shouldn't eat those'. But they are a family of doctors and she is a pharmacist, so I guess they did it for medicinal reasons! XD

I'm really enjoying my TS3 game! I can't afford TS4 yet (kids/mortgage/bills/coffee-addiction/university-costs) but I'm totally fine waiting for it. It does look awesome though, and I'm looking forward to getting it eventually. I've been enjoying everyone's screens and stories too without feeling jelly, until Zerbu posted an image of the world files and that tipped me over the edge! I can't wait to poke at those files!!! ^.^

All in all, I'm just happy continuing on with my TS3 shenanigans. Feels a bit lonely though. >_>
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    Definitely still playing TS3, no intentions of moving on, as Trashbinsouvenir said so much money has been spent collecting the EPs and particularly store stuff I can't justify dumping it all. The way TS3 is now, albeit fairly heavily modded, it's perfect.

Have had a lot of fun with new lots I've added from the exchange, mainly rollercoaster and carnival lots and bakeries. There's some hugely talented builders out there. Have done a bit of a makeover of Hidden Springs using some custom lots with a woodsy cabin theme. Also started to explore Lunar Lakes just for a complete change. It's amazing how much a different world totally alters how you play.
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited September 2014
    @cinderellimouse Yes! Pancake Surprise. Gives breakfast some frisson. :p

TS4 (Grandkids have it. - Not been converted, yet. - Too $$$! Still like TS3) seems so different from TS3, I think EA made a mistake just dropping the latter. It seems like they could have continued to make some money on TS3 store for a bit longer. I've just gotten my game to be where I want it. And so many things I haven't even attempted yet. I didn't really start to enjoy TS3 until the store Worlds and PC items got to be really interesting. Oh, well.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I have been playing around in Sims 4. I like the game (don't beat me up). It is completely different than Sims 3 and Sims 2. I now have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, SimCity, Sims 3 and Sims 4 all on my laptop. Plenty of variety! I will not be leaving Sims 3 anytime soon. Still love it!
  • Options
    MeldrewMeldrew Posts: 41 Member
    As we all know the closure of the SIMS Store took away the fun of speculating about and trying to influence the next set which was a constant topic for the store community to enjoy and got us some great content. Now that we do not have this I think this forum is struggling to find good topics to interest the community and keep them participating (regardless of SIMS 4). So ...is there anyway to reinvigorate things? Maybe not but ...

I had the bones of an idea but it would require the community to be up for it and our talented creators to "create". The mechanics would also need to be worked out.

So what I was thinking was - people could propose a theme for a monthly Featured Look that they would like created (like the Store used to do - and using Store Content only). One or two community members (to be selected) could decide which of the themes should be chosen for that month. Then anyone who wanted to participate could create and submit their Featured Look entries and make them available for download if they wanted.

Then the cycle would repeat for the next month and so on.

Not rocket science but maybe the community might think it was worth doing?? Of course people may see it as an imposition as it assumes members would be prepared to put time and effort into creating the chosen look for the rest of the community to enjoy.

Thoughts??
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    Nice idea, I like it. Don't count me in as a builder though - I can't build for toffee :) I would be a very interested onlooker (and downloader) though.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Meldrew, sounds great, to me! :)

• Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    I like that idea @Meldrew!

I have been laid up with a broken foot so I have been playing sims3 a bunch!! I can't afford sims4 and still have plenty to do in 3 so I won't be getting it anytime soon.