Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NO OPEN WORLD

Comments

• Options
    savkethekingsavketheking Posts: 184 Member
    It's a downgrade, but there's nothing you can do about it ;). Theese neighborhoods look quite interesting
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    > @Mylita said:
    > It has been announced by EA's Gurus that indeed there is a loading screen to enter any lot in every neighborhood. The only areas without a loading screen is your own house and the public area. So, yes, every lot has a loading screen. You can't just walk over and enter your neighbor's house without a loading screen.
    >
    > Mylita

It appears you two are correct, my apologies! There is a brief loading screen between lots in a neighborhood.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    @Davlan The developers have confirmed that each lot within a neighborhood must be loaded. You can see all the houses within a neighborhood, and walk past them. But to interact with a lot it will have to be loaded first.
  • Options
    RonaldtheWizardRonaldtheWizard Posts: 67 Member
    edited August 2014
    Davlan wrote: »
    At first, I was disappointed. When I saw how everything was split up and how small the neighbourhoods looked I was taken aback. However, looking back on my experiences playing Sims 3, what did I actually do with the open world? Every time my sim went somewhere I just put it on speed 3 and waited for them to arrive at their destination. It wasn't exciting or fun to be able to watch your sim drive/run from one place to another and it was pretty tedious for me. Half the time I just zoomed out to map mode and watched their little icon scoot around the world map.

Not to mention, I'm playing The Sims 3 on a laptop so while my Sim was driving around town, the rendering required made the game really slow and laggy. When I finally did arrive, I had to wait awhile before the lot would even load so I could continue to play. I think I probably had to wait longer to get my Sim from point A to point B in an open world than I have seen the loading screens last in the gameplay trailers. In addition to that, because how big and spread out everything was, venues were all basically empty! Every "hotspot" I went to in Bridgeport when the expansion first came out was basically empty most of the time. Even just trying to find Townies to be friends with in some neighbourhoods was tough, just running from park to park looking for random simmies to chat with.

This pretty much sums up the experience in TS3 for me, especially after a few too many expansion packs. Into The Future was a tedious hell, with how much you had to run around for the introduction storyline.

A wise man once said: Sometimes, less is more. More or less.
  • Options
    ShadowprincessShadowprincess Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't mind the changes. I am hoping that it makes it possible for me to play the new game on my existing computer and laptop. I just bought both of them less than two years ago and will not replace just for this game. Crossing my fingers for good results though
  • Options
    MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Great! One of the gurus said that this will allow each lot your sims visits to be filled with a lot of sims this is an amazing upgrade!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    This is the Base Game for the next Series. This is our foundation, our rock for building the rest. If the foundation is weak and has limits already, then anything added later will have limits and problems.

EA never fixed SP... the big seller of TS3.

CASt was given blame for the lag and the slow object loads (gray objects). It was removed. Now small open neighborhoods are blamed for lag and long loads. If we have short loads at base it doesn't man short loads will be 10 expansions down the road.

I play TS3 on a laptop sometimes but would never try to play it with all the expansions- my laptop isn't made for it. But while playing the base game of TS3, there weren't any gray loads or any lag- there were routing problems, of course. :lol:
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    it's by far the worst news about sims 4. i can not believe the people in this thread
  • Options
    MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    MALAiA46 wrote: »
    Great! One of the gurus said that this will allow each lot your sims visits to be filled with a lot of sims this is an amazing upgrade!

So like in the sims 3 a lot of simmers where complaining about the clubs and bars being empty. Well they wont be anymore!
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited August 2014
    Im playing TS2 UC currently, so loading screens and no open world is order of the day, so too is no universal aging. That's really the only thing that bugs me about TS2 is the no universal aging. If TS4 turns into TS2 with aging then I think ill actually be very happy. I ws gutted initially when I discovered that there would be loading screens, it seemed like such a major step backwards, but the open world and story progression was too much For TS3's restrictive 32bit engine.

Most people tend to play legacy style, building on generations of sims and the game just couldn't handle what it was supposed to do after any length of play. I only managed to keep my generational family going by abandoning a world and starting afresh with the core family in a new less populated world. It seemed I had to make this move every 2 or 3 generations otherwise my game was beset by bugs and lag despite running twallens mods.

I was very unhappy when i heard about the small world, the loading screens, the lack of story progression, but ive come to accept this is the way forward. It had better be the way forward, because anything less is going to be a disaster.
  • Options

So like in the sims 3 a lot of simmers where complaining about the clubs and bars being empty. Well they wont be anymore!

Actually, isn't it because the Sims live off world so they'll follow our Sims to the lots we visit- like in TS2?

Loading screens between lots doesn't make the game lots full- seems to me they're talking out both ends.. EA, you're funny. :lol:

Having loading screens per small neighborhoods could have worked the same way. It's the townies living off world that are able to fill the lots. :lol:

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    I won't miss it at all, i never explored. I just sent my sims from one lot to another then fast forwarded till they got there
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I am fine with it. because of the loading screens the lots are packed..So I heard and seen.
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    From what I've seen in videos so far, the loading screens are very short and the lots are full of Sims. I like that!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    2011simone wrote: »
    I won't miss it at all, i never explored. I just sent my sims from one lot to another then fast forwarded till they got there

I did go to map view to find gems and things, but that was about it. You can still only play one lot at a time, whether you are switching back and forth or not. You can go look at it, but really, what was the point of looking at a rabbit hole while your sim was at work or school?

Sending a household off to work in 3 or 4 is the same. You can't control them. So you focus on the other members of the house. Right?

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i do not mind at all
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    At first I was annoyed, but then I realized that not having an open world had some nice benefits. The public lots won't be nearly empty like they were in my sims 3 game. In the gameplay videos I've seen the bars and parks have a lot more people. The game will also be smoother, and loading screens are faster than getting around places like island paradise. Lol
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I hate the fact that there will not be any open world in the sims 4. To me that's what made the game so interesting. I loved watching my sim drive through the country side.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    The full public lots are from NPCs living off world, not because of each little loading screen. :lol:

I never was against district loading screens but I don't like the misinformation or the idea of each lot loading- again. sigh. :(
  • Options
    wanesgroovewanesgroove Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm totally fine with it. So long as the game is fun to play.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I didn't really care. I knew I wasn't going to buy this game after I saw those lousy graphics. I even liked TS2's graphics more.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    I think people may be getting their hopes up a little over exactly what the lack of an open world will "fix". People were first saying that it would fix the routing issues. More than one video released following Creator Camp demonstrates that this is not the case. Others assume it will mean that community lots will be more populated. At least one video demonstrates that this is also a faulty assumption. As for the lag, no one has seen a game played long enough to really tell. Yes, it's safe to assume that the open world will reduce the tendency of lag, but it's just that... an assumption, just like it was assumed it would fix the other two issues. Furthermore, lag is something that gets worse not only over time (since the amount of game data increases), but also as more content is added through expansions, stuff packs, and DLC. These things are likely to now still increase the likelihood of lag and increase the duration of the loading screens.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    da13371amada13371ama Posts: 78 Member
    loading screens are amazing!
  • Options
    NobleenoughNobleenough Posts: 71 Member
    I'll definitely miss the open worlds! I loved having my sims explore every bit of the world. I have my child and teen sims go and explore around the old abandoned buildings and forgotten mines as "dares" in autumn, and I love all the little details put into everything. I can have my sims go watch the sunset from a seaside cliff, have them walk along the seaside, follow trails leading to hidden areas... It made the game more exciting for me. TS4 has public space to gather stuff, sure, but it won't have all those little things that really brought the worlds to life for me in TS3.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    This is the Base Game for the next Series. This is our foundation, our rock for building the rest. If the foundation is weak and has limits already, then anything added later will have limits and problems.

EA never fixed SP... the big seller of TS3.

CASt was given blame for the lag and the slow object loads (gray objects). It was removed. Now small open neighborhoods are blamed for lag and long loads. If we have short loads at base it doesn't man short loads will be 10 expansions down the road.

I play TS3 on a laptop sometimes but would never try to play it with all the expansions- my laptop isn't made for it. But while playing the base game of TS3, there weren't any gray loads or any lag- there were routing problems, of course. :lol:

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Open world on a bad engine doesn't work. Its not SP, or CASt fault that sims 3 ran so badly.