Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    pixzi wrote: »
    Thing's i didn't like

1. How skinny you can make the sims, i mean the skinniest one is beyond skinny. I know alot of people probably enjoy it like that, but for me this is an PG game and it doesn't really give of a good signal to young people.
    So your saying that if someone is skinny then they should be ashamed to be who they are. There are people that thin in real life and not including all body types would be an even bigger problem. It's not as easy to gain weight for some people as some may think. I'm sorry but these type of comments really bother me. And this game is officially rated T for teen, not PG or whatever.
  • Options
    simlishmorksimlishmork Posts: 6 New Member
    Loved everything about the demo! I just wanted to ask if someone from the gallery is reading this thread, could you please Make "Cox" an acceptable surname? I'd like to upload my 2to4 Kennedy Cox and the Gallery won't allow it. It's a pretty common surname.
  • Options
    ArixtotleArixtotle Posts: 63 Member
    Kayle wrote: »
    Thing's i didn't like

1. How skinny you can make the sims, i mean the skinniest one is beyond skinny. I know alot of people probably enjoy it like that, but for me this is an PG game and it doesn't really give of a good signal to young people.

It's rated T (18+ in some places) and a lot of people are naturally that thin.

Moonbarker wrote: »
    Thing's i didn't like

So your saying that if someone is skinny then they should be ashamed to be who they are. There are people that thin in real life and not including all body types would be an even bigger problem. It's not as easy to gain weight for some people as some may think. I'm sorry but these type of comments really bother me. And this game is officially rated T for teen, not PG or whatever.

The skinniest you can make the Sims would be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in real life or been warped by a corset. It is not a natural thin size.
    This is the thinnest you can make. This is what people look like before they die from a disease.
    [IMG]http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss303/Amaalii/🐸🐸🐸🐸.png[/IMG]
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited August 2014
    We really need to be able to make mouths wider. I was trying to make my mom and I couldn't get the mouth to go wide enough and it really didn't look like her because of it. Also, I don't like the unnatural smiles when they smile. Someone with a narrow mouth to start with smiles and then they have a joker type smile lol.

Like this sim, she has a relatively narrow mouth:
    [img][/img]Untitledpng3_zps13fdfa40.png

Then when she smiles, she has a creepy joker smile. It doesn't look natural at all:
    [img][/img]Untitledpng2_zps9487598e.png
    Post edited by LeslieM25 on
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    We really need to be able to make mouths wider. I was trying to make my mom and I couldn't get the mouth to go wide enough and it really didn't look like her because of it. Also, I don't like the unnatural smiles when they smile. Someone with a narrow mouth to start with smiles and then they have a joker type smile lol.

That has totally been bugging me, too!

• Options
    NC4DMNC4DM Posts: 305 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked - The pull feature! The Sims all look so beautiful. Male Sims finally look great!

2. What you didn't like - The hair/eye color choices. I couldn't find the right Blonde hair color. I could not make my Sim have bigger thighs and a tiny upper body with out it adjusting her overall figure. Oh I also didn't like that married couples don't pose romantically in the gallery

3. Suggestions? More hair/eye color choices. Eyelashes need to look more realistic

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? The game ran perfect! Very impressed
  • Options
    toscabluetoscablue Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I agree about the mouth! I also encounter many troubles to make a long face: when you pull the entire face down, only the jaw and mouth are moving but the eyes stay still and sometimes you can't even pull them down to match the jaw or nose, so you have to make a short face instead.

It is also Impossible to enlarge the forehead which is very annoying!

Eyebrows are difficult to make (nothing like:^^) There were much more sliders in the Sims 3, although the Sims look better now.

And no options to move the buttocks up and down or make more space between the breasts :(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It would be great if we had more body customisation. I agree that the bum (buttock) could use an up or down "slider" and I would like more customisation on the torso, arms and legs. :) i am also finding that on the chubbier sims it's impossible to get them really big.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2014
    I suppose it's time I got around to this:

1. What you liked:
    The flexibility, the feeling that I was molding a malleable clay image with my mouse (wishing I could grab it with my hands and twist with my fingers instead). It was both fun and intuitive. The skin tones are also pleasing and more realistic, but there still need to be more shades.

2. What you didn't like
    The fact that every pull and push was limited; the irony that everything that was more flexible was only flexible to a very limited point and thus made the inflexibility more tangible. The mouth especially seems to have rigid parameters. The new CAS is an improvement that is still short of perfection, but it is nevertheless much better than the sliders. I am learning to live with your choice of "stylized" realism and appreciate its merits, but I do beg for more texture and style in the plastic hair.

3. Suggestions?
    Body hair for men for heaven's sake! More eye color and hair color - I couldn't even match my own. More, more, more flexibility before the red line zone slams down on creativity and realism. Eyelids and mouths need wider ranges. I would like the ability to boost someone's back side as everyone's parts are higher and lower - thank you for doing that with women's breasts, which makes the body more unique and realistic. Finally, I know you cannot really do it at this point, but we certainly want the ability to make longer/shorter limbs and torsos, foreheads, hairlines and necks even if we will never be able to adjust height in general. Basically, you have given us more in and out, for which we are grateful, but we really need more up and down. Will that forever be elusive with this game? I must also reiterate how sad I am to see the CASt go down the drain - one of the absolute best features of TS3 that has given me no end of pleasure.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?
    None. It was smooth as butter (but I have a high-end gaming computer).
  • Options
    toscabluetoscablue Posts: 7 New Member
    Eyelashes are a problem too. Many people complain about it as it seems. Hope it will be fixed soon.
  • Options
    daniexterdaniexter Posts: 1 New Member
    Like: I like the push and pull features
    Don't like: Lack of a slider for the skin colors and the clothes colors as well. Lack of options to customize the color of the clothes patterns. When making a sim fat the head seems to become disproportionate to the body (it becomes too small when compared to the rest of the body).
    Sugestions: Add more accessories, add swimwear, add a color wheel for the skin tone and for the hair, more color options for the clothes, make the push/pull points easier to be discovered when starting to create a new Sim, add more traits, alow to adjust the height of the neck and of the forehead, make the head increase in size when making a Sim´s body bigger so that it can keep a proportion to the body.

• Options
    McWolfMcWolf Posts: 392 Member
    One suggestion I want to make is to make the forehead editable. All the hairstyles have incredibly low hairlines (for guys anyway) when a lot of people have naturally high hairlines/larger foreheads. I struggled to make my sim-self. There is only one hairstyle suitable for higher hairlines (the one SimGuruGrant used in his avatar). I'd be surprised if this wasn't possible, as there are ways to pull down the face a bit, or the eyes/brows to give the illusion of a larger forehead, but then it messes up the rest of the face.

Aside from that, I'd say the more recolours the better. Things like tshirts and vests should have all the basic colours first and foremost. The tank top for men, for example had a few basic colours, but the only red recolour had some silly turquoise outline. Without CASt, you can almost get away with having basic colours as available recolours, but when even they aren't there, it can be a pain.

I'd say there could be a couple of longer hairstyles for the guys too, longer the longest one available. One this length... http://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/sims3store/skins/amHairSTORE11LongLayers/Thumbnail_300x300.png
    It annoys me seeing hairstyles which could even be considered short by some to be included in the long hair category. There's only three hairstlyes I'd personally consider "long" for the males. The female hair looked spot on from what I saw though.

Eye colours, especially blue and to a lesser extent green really need improved!

The clothes... I think are superior to TS2 and TS3 and minus Create-a-Style, the defeault colour options are better too. There were a few clothing items I noticed were missing... Woman's tracksuit, basic woman's dresses (the available ones were all rather eccentric. There wasn't a variety of more basic dresses found in TS2 and TS3). Men's earrings only come in doubles - there should be an option for single earrings.

Traits - I don't see this one being changed anytime soon. It's gutting not to be able to select more than 3 traits. 5 was perfect. Most people would have more than one positive, negative and skill trait, but we are only limited to one of each or some combination of 3 traits. It's awkward.

Makeup can be annoying because you have to edit it individually for each category. It would be nice to see it change automatically when editing everyday makeup for the first time like it did in TS3 (or at least some accessories did that... I cant remember). At least having a lock button like TS2 had when selecting hair for different categories would be a good solution to this.

Apart from that, I was surprised at how well the demo ran on my laptop of all things, didn't even need to try it out on my desktop with the fancy graphics card. I had max graphic settings too. Love the music. I also love how quick/smooth everything is. i.e. to save a family and move onto the next one, doesn't require loading screens and whatnot. I also find it great to see that switching between everyday, formal, athletic, etc. is as easy in the hairstyles section as it is clothing (you don't have to switch back to clothing then back to hairstyles again to change hair for each category).

Overall, it's the best Create-a-Sim yet. It's just a shame Create-A-Style didn't make it in any shape or form! Hopefully we'll see an external Bodyshop/SimsCreator type application to allow us to create recolours to import into the game, because that would be great!
  • Options
    wanesgroovewanesgroove Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm having heaps of fun with the demo.

What I liked: Just about everything. great controls and heaps of options.

What I didn't like : Nothing really. Can't wait to play with the whole cas when the games released.

Suggestions: Nothing that hasn't already been said.
  • Options
    JoJo_NettJoJo_Nett Posts: 97 Member
    1. What you liked?
    Layout
    Walks

2. What you didn't like?
    No wheel color.

3. Suggestions?
    Makeup opacity.
    Eyelashes sliders.
    Hands sliders.
    Sliders bars to mensure the sculpting

No
  • Options
    AdylisAdylis Posts: 1
    1. I thought it had a decent amount of options for characters. The whole pull and tug to adjust features was really neat. I liked the whole gallery idea.

2. I really only had one big complaint. I can not believe how absurdly bad the profanity filter is on this demo! I have read other posts of people experiencing similar issues with the filter. I can not even use my last name "Kiker" as apparently this is somehow offensive?! I was also upset because it became a bug which I will explain later.

3.The rest was not bad but I would recommend adding some more colors for hair '/body' as I couldn't really find like a dirty blond color I was looking for. Also maybe a few more hairstyles for guys as girls seemed to have a lot more?

4. Yes I did experience a bug. It had to do with the profanity filter/Disallowed names. So after putting in my name Kiker and it not working. I tried to figure out what was causing the problem. So I switched the name from Kiker "on the sims last names and screen" to West, thinking this would work since it was a randomized name. To my surprise however it did not allow me still. I figured out that no name would now work after using the "bad name Kiker" [img][/img]West.png
    "as you can see I switched to West from Kiker and it still says its a disallowed word" and yes I changed the last names of the sims to West also.

Overall though I enjoyed it and hopefully with all the feedback a lot of this will get tweaked
  • Options
    DEZY0967DEZY0967 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2014
    First, thanks for the opportunity to try out the CAS.
    It would be great if there were more clothing options for female sims. For example, there are 2 different pairs of pants for females compared to the many types that are provided for males. I'd like to see more variety in the clothing for females since it seems to go from pretty generic shirts to super girly items. I'd like to see some more "in-between" clothing options.
    Also, the skin tones tend to start looking very unnatural the darker they get, so it could benefit to have a "slider" for the skin tones, at least.
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Okay i've been playing the demo for a while now. So far this is my conclusion and I'll only add the major ones.

Thing's i like

1. The free hand control, i can change exactly what i want.
    2. The layout is clean and flowing.

Thing's i didn't like

2. The lack of choice, i know its only a demo so hopefully there is more in the real game. A lot of it were choice of colours.
    3. Not being able to change hair highlights, i use to love it in sims 3.

Suggestions

1. Add more colours to things; Make-up, hair, clothes, skin.
    2. More choice of style, mostly clothes and make up styles.
    3. More tattoo or at least deciding where to put them.
    4. Having the ability to use a pre made body shape.
    5. Have more subtle matching, make up that goes with the clothes etc. Everything seems to clash
    6. Piercings, we finally got proper sleeve tattoos.

I'm sure you meant no harm by your comments about skinny Sims, but just the same, there are people who ARE exceptionally skinny, NATURALLY... and there is nothing at all wrong with them. To suggest that being skinny is giving anyone a wrong message, is well, wrong, in my opinion. My daughter, for example is VERY tiny. She is 20 years old and weighs 89 pounds. She is only 4'9" tall though.. but you know how tired she is of people telling her she needs to eat a burger, or asking her what's wrong with her? Anyway, I don't want to come off as being preachy, or for being aggressive or anything like that. I just wanted to inform you is all. I hope you take this in the way it was intended, as just to give you some information. :-)

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    GojoebotGojoebot Posts: 59 Member
    Beyond needing a few more choices for clothes and hair, I dug it.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    I would like it if there was a dark blue eye color option. I noticed in the demo that 2 of the light blue eye colors looked the same to me (or...we can just have a color wheel lol. That would make me very happy xD).
  • Options
    CrimsonButterfly84CrimsonButterfly84 Posts: 120 Member
    What I liked about the demo:

The seamless fluidity and free-hand style of Sims creation. Even though the clothing choices were limited, I still managed to create some trendy styles and that inspired me to look forward to the base release. :D

What I didn't like:

The removal of the color wheel really impeded my creative ability. The lack of sliders for eyelashes and hands.

Suggestions:

I know the animations of the Sims during construction has been a feature since Sims 2. However, it's a bit difficult to be precise with your intentions when they're wiggling about. Perhaps, you could implement a feature where they stand still during the process of editing. This lack of activity could be timed. For example, ten seconds of inactivity of the player triggers the common movements and emotes of the Sim. Once editing begins or reconvenes, the Sim will stand still.
    Origin ID reads as follows: QueenLioness84
  • Options
    silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    1. What you liked?
    *the new menu interface-there was a good response time, seamless transitions between the different customization screens, no waiting time between transitions
    *the ability to click on specific areas of the body and have pre set options in addition to the option to push and pull the right shape
    *custom content could be added without the launcher like Sims 3 has, which would always freeze my game if I was running the game while downloading content
    *the Maxis button on custom content. this will make it easier to find content created by the gurus
    *loved the suggested styles for outfits
    *loved that you could save multiple everyday looks, formal looks, etc.
    *enjoyed the walk options, adds to the sim's personality

2. What you didn't like?
    *the absence of the create a style feature. without it, i cannot customize colors and patterns for hair, makeup, clothing and accessories. makes me very concerned for decorating and furniture options-i hated this limitation in the Sims 2, emphasis on hate. create a style was my favorite Sims 3 feature.
    *while the push and pull feature is helpful and has its merits, if you are a laptop user, using the integrated touchpad instead of an independent mouse, this feature is more difficult to use

3. Suggestions? -Create a style

*no issues with playing the demo other than occasionally if there was an alert on my computer desktop, it minimized the game
    *Also, I did not get an email notifying me I had the demo, however it showed up on my Origin account on 8/5. I am not sure why I did not get an email like others? The same thing happened with a previous Sims purchase I made- no email, and I had to call customer service for my product key. I hope I get an email when the actual game releases!
  • Options
    maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    I'd very much like to be able to pull the hair down if it's too high on the head. Would also love to have violet eyes available :D
  • Options
    ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    I didn't have -any- game lag, but I did notice that the dragging feature was difficult to operate or not very responsive. I would have to constantly try and try again. It was like my mouse clicks just weren't registering correctly.

Some requests --

Please consider working on a way to control which side of the body an asymmetric accessory or tattoo is placed (i.e, right arm vs left arm). It would be even cooler if we could use multiple accessories of the same type, so long as they weren't occupying the same body slot (i.e, no two bracelets on one arm, but you can do one on each wrist).

---

Please consider adding more blemishes! Scars, ruddiness, more birthmarks, crow's feet, etc. I know a lot of folks go for 'most beautiful Sim ever', but when done right, these can add TONS of character, and it would just be nice to see some options that aren't from a cliche beauty mag. (I mean, why does everyone place that little black beauty mark in JUST that one place on the upper check?)

---

It would be cool to have an 'animations' or 'pose' button on CAS, or even just have the Sim be a little more active while idling. This will let people preview how their Sim will move around in general with their selected traits and get a better feel for who they're creating. If you implement the 'Pose' idea, be sure to also include a way to export pics for sharing in the gallery and on the forums!
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I loved everything about the demo! :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    SophieMayKSophieMayK Posts: 7
    edited August 2014
    100% need the colour wheel back! I couldn't create myself because I couldn't get the colours accurate. I have naturally pink lips but not any of the shades of lipsticks options. I also don't have just green eyes or just blue. Be nice to fully customise the colours again. On Sims 3 I enjoyed where you could add tone, highlight and shadow colours.

Really enjoyed using it, but where is the Star Signs and Likes and Dislikes? I don't think you should really remove any features that worked before.. I mean choosing patterns was awesome, why get rid of it?

Probably just because it's a demo but there is a real lack of clothing?

Thanks for letting us play though!