Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Garden Series

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited July 2014
    Lovely.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    There are updates. The Herbalist and Alchemy gardens are up! :)
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ooooooo. More goodies! :D

Thank you for doing these gardens. It will help to have everything, by theme, in one place -- but on a lot still small enough to place practically anywhere. And with all the little extras added that will make it a fun destination (even if a sim is bringing their green dragon along to do a "quickie" harvest).

I like how the color scheme of this garden separates it from the first garden, but it still has enough similarities that they look good together in the world.

I'm looking forward to seeing your picture spam, on the last garden you've uploaded.

Well, off to play .... :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    Ooooooo. More goodies! :D

Thank you for doing these gardens. It will help to have everything, by theme, in one place -- but on a lot still small enough to place practically anywhere. And with all the little extras added that will make it a fun destination (even if a sim is bringing their green dragon along to do a "quickie" harvest).

I like how the color scheme of this garden separates it from the first garden, but it still has enough similarities that they look good together in the world.

I'm looking forward to seeing your picture spam, on the last garden you've uploaded.

Well, off to play .... :)

Thanks amjoie! I have kept the gardens similar in layout because it's easier AND because it helps tie them together thematically. The first three are kinda "sister" gardens. The "everything" garden is going to be huge of course and the Science Garden and the Midnight Garden (based on plasma fruit and nectar making) will be quite different but I do plan to do them on the 30x30 lots as well. Now that I'm done with the initial series I'm looking forward to tackling the others!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Herbalist's Garden is very nice! :) It is great that you have the large wishing well there for sims to go fishing in, and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan for fortune telling. Nice gazebo area! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the hanging chair there enjoying the outdoors air, or enjoy having a nice cup of tea at the table. Nice greenery covered trellis area. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers and plants through the garden. The water wheel and smaller wishing well look great in your build.
    It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy visiting! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Rosemow, MrHawk and murfeel! You guys are always so nice and being talented folks yourselves it especially makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when you are kind towards my own little efforts here! :)
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your gardens! I downloaded the first one and I am going to download the other two right now. You inspired me to make a witch sim and settle her down in Dragon Valley in a cute little cottage and have her learn to make all of the elixirs and test them out on the townspeople :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    looks great can't wait to see the alcymist garden pictures
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited July 2014
    Amara, they are beautiful - and all the related adjectives. Thank you for sharing. :)

My new DV game is just blooming with your gardens. :D

Edit to add: I haven't finished setting up my DV game and I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks. :D When I get it all set I'll take some screen shots.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kmsim15 wrote:
    I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your gardens! I downloaded the first one and I am going to download the other two right now. You inspired me to make a witch sim and settle her down in Dragon Valley in a cute little cottage and have her learn to make all of the elixirs and test them out on the townspeople :D

Oh you will enjoy the alchemy garden then! LOL In fact I added a residential version of it as well so a single witch could be pretty cozy there. And thanks for the kind words, they mean so much! I'm glad some people are enjoying the little gardens, I had fun making them! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anettesb and dizzydee, thanks dolls! I hope people will find them both useful and fun!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Amara, I saw this over at SIMplicity and thought of you.

Dragon Valley Burial Grounds
    Front3.jpg

http://simplicitysims.blogspot.com/2014/07/dragon-valley-burial-grounds.html
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:

Front3.jpg

:shock: Holy Moly that is an ASTONISHING LOT!!!!! You KNOW I'm going to have some vampires living there! LOL Thank you so much for pointing it out!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    dizzydee wrote:

Front3.jpg

:shock: Holy Moly that is an ASTONISHING LOT!!!!! You KNOW I'm going to have some vampires living there! LOL Thank you so much for pointing it out!

:D I knew it was your kind of place.
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for making these
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Katty0 wrote:
    Thank you for making these

Aw, you're very welcome! I need to get back to work on the big ol "everything" garden! LOL
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    Definitely love the new avatars AmaraRena and rosemow!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your new avi is very nice AmaraRena :smile:

Oh wow, I like yours too rosemow! So pretty! But then I am a sucker for roses.

• Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    @AmaraRena, Have you seen this? "The Sims 3 Speed Build—Fairy Desert Cave"
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HofTkGlDs&feature=youtu.be&a
    Exchange: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8371560

Almost got my DV game set up. Still haven't decided who's going to be the lucky Sim to move there, tho. Might go with Amjoie's lovely fairies and their pets.
  • Options
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    @AmaraRena, Have you seen this? "The Sims 3 Speed Build—Fairy Desert Cave"
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HofTkGlDs&feature=youtu.be&a
    Exchange: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8371560

Almost got my DV game set up. Still haven't decided who's going to be the lucky Sim to move there, tho. Might go with Amjoie's lovely fairies and their pets.

Looks very cool! Don't know if it has CC or not though and too lazy to check for myself right at present! LOL

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Just wanted to add my thanks for the lovely gardens. I am a total thief. I also want to say thank you to Amjoie for the Sparkle sisters, and the critters. Your murder thread and this one are ones I check constantly for new ideas. The plumbot and his lot are in my game now too. I also follow your mod thread. Totally off topic but we are almost neighbors. I grew up in Vero Beach (Zero Beach to residents) and now live just north of Orlando.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Just wanted to add my thanks for the lovely gardens. I am a total thief. I also want to say thank you to Amjoie for the Sparkle sisters, and the critters. Your murder thread and this one are ones I check constantly for new ideas. The plumbot and his lot are in my game now too. I also follow your mod thread. Totally off topic but we are almost neighbors. I grew up in Vero Beach (Zero Beach to residents) and now live just north of Orlando.

Well then hi there neighbor! :) And I am glad you are enjoying the gardens (steal away!) and have found some of my crazy threads helpful! LOL Thank goodness smart people tend to respond to them and share all their awesome knowledge!

• Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    What a great idea. Love your build as I always do.