Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Forum!

Comments

• Options
    EclissiLunareEclissiLunare Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2021
    Post edited by EclissiLunare on
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    So is this the new site for the sims 3 forum? Or are they keeping the old sims 3 forum after they finish updating it? As for this forum, it's ok I guess but it'll take some time to get used to it if it is the new forum for both the sims 3 and 4.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sorry people im abit confused lol. Somebody kindly explain please. How do I just read these forums without being logged in? If I log out it takes me to Orgin login screen. I tried the main Sims site but when I click forums, it does not bring me here but take me to the Ts3 read only forums...????

I don't wanna be logged in all the time. Can somebody Be so kind as to provide a link so I can be logged out and just read and not be logged in. Sorry if this sounds stupid lol
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited August 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote: »
    @Haiden - evidently you have to be logged in to even read the forums.

Cross posting this from the other thread about the new forum:

Just found something; if you click on your name at the top then you will see something called "activity". Post in that and somehow your friends on your My Page over at the Sims 3 forum will see it. I think that might be the framework for either bringing over My Page or something like it.

I posted "What does this thing do?" and one of my friends responded. It didn't tell I had a response though.
    lucyvp86 wrote: »
    @Haiden - evidently you have to be logged in to even read the forums.

Cross posting this from the other thread about the new forum:

Just found something; if you click on your name at the top then you will see something called "activity". Post in that and somehow your friends on your My Page over at the Sims 3 forum will see it. I think that might be the framework for either bringing over My Page or something like it.

I posted "What does this thing do?" and one of my friends responded. It didn't tell I had a response though.

The notifications for the twitter like profile activity page is under profile settings.

edit to add

from your profile in the right corner is a button for edit profile, then on the left side column the option Notification Preferences 2nd option down.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Wow. This is different. I will just have to get used to it. I noticed that if you click on a thread that you've read before, it will automatically take you to the most recent post since your last visit. I like this :)
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    eatest_ON001eatest_ON001 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2014
    nice, edit
  • Options
    0001buckmcfat0001buckmcfat Posts: 15 New Member
    nice, edit

Wha?
  • Options
    eatest_ON001eatest_ON001 Posts: 21 New Member
    nice, edit

Wha?
    Wha?, edit
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    They've fixed the edit other's post.
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    I too am concerned about our current mypage over on the Sims 3 forums. I'm especially concerned about our studios and the exchange. Will they migrate over here, will they stay on Sims 3, or will they be removed altogether? I know this site is still being worked on I hope they make some sort of official announcement soon.
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    Wondering about that too.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I really don't know what to think really...seems like it's all a little too much.
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    I too am concerned about our current mypage over on the Sims 3 forums. I'm especially concerned about our studios and the exchange. Will they migrate over here, will they stay on Sims 3, or will they be removed altogether? I know this site is still being worked on I hope they make some sort of official announcement soon.

That's my biggest worry at the moment.
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    Hi Trajah. I'm seeing you everywhere these days. I like it!!!
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh, another problem which others have mentioned is the like, disagree, agree, etc. buttons. Why are they in huge fonts on your profile? I can see this turning into a competition with some and having posts end in "Like my comment if you agree."

I like the idea behind it, just would suck for it to turn competitive and such.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    Oh, another problem which others have mentioned is the like, disagree, agree, etc. buttons. Why are they in huge fonts on your profile? I can see this turning into a competition with some and having posts end in "Like my comment if you agree."

Yeah, I think it's a really bad call. I don't mind it if it's just about the post, but plastering it on huge letters on a person's profile makes it about the person.

I also think it's pretty bad that we can only chose only of the buttons. What if I disagree with someone's opinion, but also want to like or 'lol' their post because I feel it was eloquently expressed or funny? Only having one makes disagreeing more loaded than it needs to be.

Edit: Sorry - Looks like I was wrong about the not being able to click multiple buttons. Either they've changed it or something just went wrong on my end before.

Post edited by GreenCats on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    GreenCats wrote: »
    Why do I have the option to edit other people's posts????

so we can all be grammar police ;)

Probably a glitch that will hopefully get sorted fast, or trouble will most likely ensue as the trolls discover that tidbit :p

o.O blip with some smilies like :p a drop down/pop up menu shows up :?: with different options

Lastly anyone see any info on how get bottom banners back?

Haha. That was my first thought when I learned that, too. How could I resist editing another person's typo? Seriously, though - that's a bad idea and I hope they "fix" it.

I'm not sure I like this new look, but it might just taking some time to get used to it. It's a bit too cartoonish and that lime green jello background is a tad nauseating. I'm not sure how I feel about the agree/disagree buttons, which do have the potential for abuse, as well. *Gallic shrug* It is what it is, though. We'll make the best of it.

• Options

Yeah, I think it's a really bad call. I don't mind it if it's just about the post, but plastering it on huge letters on a person's profile makes it about the person.

I also think it's pretty bad that we can only chose only of the buttons. What if I disagree with someone's opinion, but also want to like or 'lol' their post because I feel it was eloquently expressed or funny? Only having one makes disagreeing more loaded than it needs to be.
    Right?

Side thought, what if they're updating thesims3.com to have features like this?
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    Right?

I assumed where we are now is meant to replace sims3.com? They've taken all the forum content across.

They really need to statement to let us know what's going on :(

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Zenith25Zenith25 Posts: 185 Member
    Well, looks wise at least, the new forums are a massive improvement. The whole Sims 3 site looks 10 years out of date, so it's about time!

That said, this is EA, they're bound to screw something up somewhere, lol.
  • Options
    Right?

I assumed where we are now is meant to replace sims3.com? They've taken all the forum content across.

They really need to statement to let us know what's going on :(
    I started to think they opened up a TS3 section here temporarily so we can post Sims 3 related things and comps and contests won't be delayed for so long while the site is under maintenance.

High hopes on that though.
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like the notifications... I had to zoom out to be able to read lol.

I think the sims3 site forums will be routed here...
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member

That's what I'm wondering about myself. Also, like someone else mentioned, how will TS3 Store, your Purchase History and the like be handled? Will they be ported here eventually or remain behind on the old site?

...and why in the name of all that's holy do I have ten billion favorites saved?!?! :o
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm just testing this out, but if this message sends, banned accounts are suddenly unbanned... Idk when they'll fix that. :')
    EDIT: Ooh, but on a positive note, uploading avis is now SO much easier! ^^ Wew.
    sb2cck.gif
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    This is going to take some getting used to. I don't like how the profile pages are set up though! We can't choose traits anymore. This is just too Facebook-y.