Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Adding Pools To Sims 4 Isn't Easy'

I originally came across this via my phone. The odd tidbit about TS4 comes up on it. I thought I'd share.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/11/adding-pools-sims-4-isnt-easy-claims-ea

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Lies.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Well, they've got in-ground fountains already that look like pools, so I'd say they've already done the work of how they're going to "cut down into the terrain".

They are still being very evasive so close to release date.
  • Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    I read that, too.
    Pools are too complicated, but fountains are working? Either they had no time for pools or they plan to sell them down the line.
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2014
    I personally believe they took them out and plan to add them in later via an expansion pack OR via the Store and make us buy them. Either way I don't really care. I'm gonna enjoy the game for what it is when it comes. Then deal with that stuff as if comes up. :-)
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    Lies.

This right here ^.

What they should have said was: "We're on a deadline and we want to focus on EMOTIONS!!! We really like our new EMOTIONS and CAS!! CAS CAS CAS EMOTIONS CAS no time for pools! Did I tell you about our EMOTIONS?!?!?"
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    interesting article
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Candacis wrote: »
    I read that, too.
    Pools are too complicated, but fountains are working? Either they had no time for pools or they plan to sell them down the line.

This^^ I'm sure they will pull the "no time for animations" line out of thier behinds, but we all know EA wants to sell the game in little tiny pieces.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    really i dont see your guys idea that they have fountains why not pools. there is still much more that has to be put into a pool besides just water...and really when they do get the pools in the game they could come with some extremely exciting new content like most other things in the game.

Just calm down guys there's nothing that can me done now 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and complaining will only irritate everyone. They know your unhappy they are working on it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    When pools do come back, I expect them to be way better than TS3 or even TS2 for that matter. TS2 had a ton of pool objects such as the diving board and pool slide, pool games such as Marco Polo, and nice effects such as when your Sim jumped in, the water would actually move up and down, compared to the stagnant way TS3 pools were.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    peoinee wrote: »
    Just calm down guys there's nothing that can me done now 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and complaining will only irritate everyone. They know your unhappy they are working on it.

Huh, so. . ."🐸🐸🐸🐸" is allowed, but not plum or public?

Edit: "plum or plum" actually says p.l.u.m. or p.u.b.l.i.c. (and yes, the "L" is included in both words).

• Options
    MintieeMintiee Posts: 139 Member
    really i dont see your guys idea that they have fountains why not pools. there is still much more that has to be put into a pool besides just water....

Like what, the chlorine? We didn't have pool objects in the base game, just a pool you could jump into. It seems they did half the "difficult" work already by putting fountains in.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Bless. It must be hard to add toddlers, proper babies, open worlds and a great deal many other things too. I'm not surprised since their foundation is a salvaged MMO engine.
  • Options
    I agree sk8rblaze, I think the sims 4 pools will be a lot better and I kind of am glad it's not in the base game, gives them more time to make it even better and hopefully more objects to go with the pool and pool games etc etc
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »

Huh, so. . ."🐸🐸🐸🐸" is allowed, but not plum or public?

LOL i fully expected that to get censored...
  • Options
    I know there is more to a pool than how fountains work, but I think they already know how to build the pools, because fountains are already functional and have the same basic. Maybe they didn't have time to program the swimming part.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    If terrain was going to be an issue, then I would have liked to have seen above-ground pools added in at the start. I've seen some gorgeous above-ground pools and they would have been nice until we get the in-ground variety. Would have loved a toddler pool.... but that seems such a silly thought now. Someday, maybe. :)
  • Options
    now that's a great idea jessa, above ground pools love it
  • Options
    Candacis wrote: »
    I know there is more to a pool than how fountains work, but I think they already know how to build the pools, because fountains are already functional and have the same basic. Maybe they didn't have time to program the swimming part.

Right, the only reason I called it out is because Graham mentioned it in the article as part of an explanation as to why we couldn't have pools in the base game. And, yet, that part of the equation seemed to be solved.

• Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar Just have to say, I love your avatar, so cute <3
    Above ground pools would be nice, too. But just the same, I think, they hadn't had time to program swimming sims.
  • Options
    windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone ever considered that it could be a marketing strategy for more sales? I'm sure they had a list of so many things they could do for the base game, and also have stuff saved for future expansions. How else are they going to make money. Not saying I agree with it, but it makes sense.
    Post edited by windchime00 on
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Did you ever think maybe they didn't want to add in a boring version of pools to the base game and instead work on creating even better pools with a lot more options to add in later? I would much rather wait for awesome pools than to get a pool that all my Sims can do is jump in like Sims 3 base game pools.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Mintiee wrote: »
    really i dont see your guys idea that they have fountains why not pools. there is still much more that has to be put into a pool besides just water....

Like what, the chlorine? We didn't have pool objects in the base game, just a pool you could jump into. It seems they did half the "difficult" work already by putting fountains in.

there are many animations and other tech stuff they have to do just to get it to look right then tweak it to get it to the caliber of the other movements in the game....on top of that they will want to add new stuff and/or animations. its not just we have water in a hole in the ground we are good
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    I guess one might call this the "🐸🐸🐸🐸" censor.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Yeah, not sure I'm buying this excuse either.

I can understand they just didn't have time or it would take longer than adding in other, easier features. But "too complicated"? Pshaw.