Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gondola and Sim disappeared. . .

I tested the new set in my game. Created a new town, added my Sim and had her go ride the gondola, alone. . . I could here her and the gondolier making sounds, but about 30 seconds into the ride the gondola, and everyone on it, vanished. When I clicked to zoom in on my Sim, it went to the starting point, but nothing was there. I clicked for her to go here, go there, go home. . . nothing brought her back. I finally just quit without saving and decided to find out if anyone else has had this issue?

Comments

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had my sims go on a date. Everything was fine until I hit the cuddle option. My female sim disappeared and ended up on one side of the starting point. Then my male sim disappeared and ended on the opposite side. The gondola kept going. It kept giving me the option to cuddle even though neither were in the gondola. I will give it another try and see if it happens again. It was a new town with new simmies. I was giving it a test run as well. :cry:

edit: I tried exiting the lot and re-entering. The gondola disappeared. I ended up having to bulldoze and replace the venue. I tried a different pair of sims. They were able to cuddle and make out and woo hoo. They didn't find a private place. The gondolier just stopped and let them do their thing in the middle of the canal in broad daylight. :shock:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    Monet11 wrote:
    ...They didn't find a private place. The gondolier just stopped and let them do their thing in the middle of the canal in broad daylight. :shock:

Sorry you're having issues, but LOL I'd really have liked to seen that.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I thought I had taken a pic of it but alas...I did not. It was the Thorton and Morgana Wolff of Sunset Valley. :lol:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,117 Member
    edited August 2014
    The gondola vanished the 2nd sim day I went to the lot and the sim went invisible for a time. It's the 3rd day in this household and I will try again in hopes the gondola reappear.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well, those are some interesting stories! LOL At least now I know it happens no matter if it is one Sim or two. . . LOL Nice to know I'm not the only one with disappearing Sims and Gondola! LOL
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited August 2014
    This is also happening to me, the gondola and sims go invisible, then the gondola was just gone. I found added another and it also was gone, then I found one in a fountain or pool? area under a bridge and I moved it to the track. I am going to delete the lot and replace it. This is a glitch for sure.
  • Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited August 2014
    mine dont disappear but when they go for a ride and i click on my sim to follow them on the ride, i just stay at the start and my sims go off.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Naley22 wrote:
    mine dont disappear but when they go for a ride and i click on my sim to follow them on the ride, i just stay at the start and my sims go off.

This also happens to me.
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh no! I hope that deleting and re adding the lot fixes that!!

Will they fix it if it is broken?
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited August 2014
    Naley22 wrote:

^ this

I paused the game and followed the track and found my sims in the gondola un paused and watched them for the rest of gondola trip
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if it's a glitch on the tracks or lot. Have any of you tried to build a simple waterway route with nothing else and see if you get the errors? Or can you even do that? I don't know, I don't have the lot.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited August 2014
    Consider too, that mods can effect how PC functions. I am not saying this is the cause, but it is something to remember. I hope the issue gets sorted out. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Consider too, that mods can effect how PC functions. I am not saying this is the cause, but it is something to remember. I hope the issue gets sorted out. :)

I have lots of mods and this was my first thought. I'd like to know if unmodded games have this issue.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited August 2014
    My sim couple went for a ride, they did every thing just fine, gondolier kept stopping every few minutes, I'd click make out and she would take off (Gondolier) the guy decided he was getting sleepy so he disappeared, left the gal in the gondola to finish the ride alone, it started a storm and she got electrocuted. Oh well, just a test. You have to manually follow them there are so many buildings it's easy to loose them, but clicking on them sends u back to the start, but not them.

I have no mods in game, started with virgin The Sims3. I just think you have to follow...wasn't coded to auto follow.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have a few nraas mods but when i deleted and replaced the lot it seemed to improve its function. When my sim finished his ride with a townie (who left early) the gondola disappeared but it came back again eventually.
  • Options
    peachypixiepeachypixie Posts: 77 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Monet11 wrote:
    ...They were able to cuddle and make out and woo hoo. They didn't find a private place. The gondolier just stopped and let them do their thing in the middle of the canal in broad daylight. :shock:

Oh my... I'm sorry you're having issues, but that sounds hilarious. I think that just makes me want this venue more than ever now. :lol::wink:
  • Options
    bethp62bethp62 Posts: 147 Member
    edited August 2014
    If you have a pregnant Sim, it might not be a good idea to send her on a ride (I didn't know the Sim I happened to choose was preggers). Especially if she loses her lunch quite frequently. She will just disappear off the boat to be found running for the bathroom (which are not conveniently located) leaving her other half to finish the ride all by his lonesome. The first time this happened, she was found on her home lot. The mod I use apparently had to reset her. The gondola never disappeared, but I am kinda bummed you can't click and follow your Sims while on the ride.
  • Options
    silverfawn20silverfawn20 Posts: 172 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sadly this is also happening to me. Doesnt matter if I have 1 or 2 sims, they get to the next 'section' of canal and dissappear. The boat also dissappears, and i have floating plumbobs at the start but no sims. I can hear them but they remain stuck for some time. I have had to just reset the sims and delete the lot. :(
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited August 2014
    All these disappearing Sims have been recovered, correct? No one has permanently lost their Sims? That would be the worst thing to happen and I for one appreciate the warning. Saving before a gondola ride would be a wise thing to do.

Has anyone deleted the pieces that seem to be the culprits and replacing them? Or hit it with the bulldozer tool and then undo the action?

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have watched some "Let's Plays" on YouTube and the disappearing Sim is a problem, also I've heard complaints, as one poster here said," that you can't auto follow and have to be on top of your Sims to watch them.

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I have a game with no mods and I am having this same issue too. My sims get on the gondola, they set off, then poof they disappear! If I cancel the action the sims appear back at the start but the gondola is gone.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,117 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've noticed it happens to mine when I click to a different sim in the household, one who isn't in the gondola.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    If you have one of your own sims be the gondolier, you can then follow them on the gondola ride. I usually have my sims' simbot drive while my couple rides together.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    If you have one of your own sims be the gondolier, you can then follow them on the gondola ride. I usually have my sims' simbot drive while my couple rides together.

That sounds hilarious, but I'll have to remember the tip.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My Sims enter the gondola and the camra doesn't follow them, I have noticed whilst in build mod that they must have used cheat mode to create the fancy looks on the building. I have recently been editing A more, making it into a wedding venue, the outside is the same but the buildings have other uses, there's the church, dressing room for bride and groom, a salon, bakery, buffet and English tea room, nursrey for toddlers, secret hideaway for vampires to rest, witches to brew potions, fairies to explore the canal,

To see my sim travel on the canal I have to move the camra with it which is awkward.