Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Costume Parties, Camping and New Years parties being sold in the Store

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Quelsimmy wrote:
    States early access, not exclusive access.

I don't think anyone mentioned it saying exclusive access? :?

But it does state exclusive content.

What that means is that you get first access before everyone else,not access ONLY if you paid future premiums. Think of it as a *pre-order* in a sense. she was correcting the misunderstanding.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2014
    There were rumors about a premium-membership long ago. People thought, S4 would be subscripton-based and Maxis said, no... no subscription (to play the game). But it is still possible (and I think it will be that way), that there is a premium pass like in other EA-games, that will offer new stuff and early access to it. And I like it :-).
    This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    fullspiral wrote:

Well maybe that's the Origin only content? I don't know. Who's to know? We'll see when we'll see but it's pointless to speculate. Or to say that it's all about "memmbership"

No one knows what the Origin only content is. Maybe they are giving a hint with that blurb. I'm not too concerned with it. I still think it's about which edition you buy.

I thought the origin only content had been confirmed

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/04/the-sims-4-origin-exclusive-content-revealed/

The hats

1015806_pdpexcl_215x215_compare_sims4_AnimalHats.jpg
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I won't be coming a "member" of anything. I'll buy expansions if I feel I will like them and they add to my game.

But "exclusive"? No. And the gallery thing is not something I will use either. When I say I play "offline", I mean "offline".
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Quelsimmy wrote:
    States early access, not exclusive access.

I don't think anyone mentioned it saying exclusive access? :?

But it does state exclusive content.

What that means is that you get first access before everyone else,not access ONLY if you paid future premiums. she was correcting the misunderstanding.

What misunderstanding? Yes you get early access to some things, but exclusive content sounds like it will only be for those who are premium members. :?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, even though this is unlikely since it's EA were talking about here and say perhaps premium membership means that you become a premium member by registering your game or something and because of that get this free content? I agree with others though, they wouldn't have put membership for a different game edition... it would have said premium edition.

Defiantly going to wait a month or two before making a choice on buying this game... want to see how bad EA milks it first.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Me i pre ordered the premium edition and paid 98.47$ already do i went to pay extra for premium content well the answer is a plain no unless the sub fee is only 10$ cad (canadien$) and is a 1 time fee only good for all content acess

y05xz.jpg

Edit adding proof of how much i paid for the sims4 premium edition
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Since the bonus exclusive objects listed are related to Holiday and camping things I wonder if that means the first EXP pack is Seasonsesque! <3 I put that in another thread too I think.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    So are these pack released on day one with the sims 4. Seriously the game is already rushed and lacking and their going to do day one dlc with the base game. How sickening is that. You said there was no time to make toddlers but there's enough time to make over priced content for your store online.

Well than what's the real excuse for the lack of features, the players have to pay extra do to be premimum members of the game so they can get content that should have been with the base game. Real sad ea. I hope it fails just like your sims social game did when it tried to pull this stuff.

This^^^ It does make me sick. Guess we know where some of that time they didn't have went.

Agreed. They're just constantly finding new ways to screw us over. It's disgusting how shameless they are about it.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why not wait and see what it actually means instead of more speculation?
    Maybe EA could actually open their mouths, then more people would be more willing to open their pockets.

{tongue in cheek/dry humor}
    hmmm given every time someone from ea does speak up right now on "official" news release, or they have to reply with "no comment" .... are you really sure this would be wise :wink:
    {/end dry humor}

I agree that with less than 2 months to go until release date that corporate has been very silent on to many of the important issues surrounding the game. If the backlash upon release is anywhere near as big/bad that I suspect it might be they will either kill the series off completely or attempt to move on to s5 sooner than planned Or follow cokes example and release a sims classic.

Wish the heads would remember that pc stands for personal computer; which means that 75% to 95% of all games that people look for for their pc's are ones for solo play. {Yes, I'm guessing those numbers; because I'm not in a mood to do research.}

From sims 1 on their have been repeated and partially failed attempts to make the sims an online social game. Are their heads really so thick that they just don't get it that the bulk of simmers don't want online social interaction, that most of us play with the game offline {sometimes to prevent crashes}. Or are they really that stubborn that they think they can shovel whatever they want out to the masses and that we'll lap it up in joy just because it has "sims" on it.

taking my cranky non-caffinated self off to play crush the castle for a while

{money not spent on sims will go to Sid M. and civ instead, plus pc upgrades along with uni needs}
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    You know costume parties were shown in one of the trailers. I guess they removed those to include those in the store. I remember seeing two sims on the sofa and one had the hotdog outfit on. The other I forget what they were wearing but it was a costume too.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope that this stuff is available after the base game is out if you go with the premium membership so my sims can celebrate the holidays this year.

I don't think the Holiday will be just limited to New Year's I think this will include other holidays as well since it mentions costume parties which sounds like it could be Halloween Themed plus I'm hopeful this stuff will include a christmas tree,mistletoe and a wreath.

I think the so called three items are all in the same set and that includes camping.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope that this stuff is available after the base game is out if you go with the premium membership so my sims can celebrate the holidays this year.

I don't think the Holiday will be just limited to New Year's I think this will include other holidays as well since it mentions costume parties which sounds like it could be Halloween Themed plus I'm hopeful this stuff will include a christmas tree,mistletoe and a wreath.

I think the so called three items are all in the same set and that includes camping.

I hope that "set" is called the Base Game. There's just no limit to how freaking angry this makes me.

We have a stripped-down Base Game, and day-one DLC. What are we playing 60-70$ for? What is this even? I'm rapidly coming to the point where I'm not buying just on principle.
  • Options
    TeenBansheeTeenBanshee Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wonder how a camping party would work, anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really hope that's not why they cut features, so that they can sell them to paid subscribers. That would be the last straw with me.
  • Options
    infinitemasoninfinitemason Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Memina11 wrote:

Edit adding proof of how much i paid for the sims4 premium edition

I'm glad that you were able to afford the Premium Edition ( I went for the Limited Edition myself ), but I don't think it's very wise to post what I assume is your full name and telephone number onto a public discussion forum.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    3 new packs? Surely foscussing on the MAC version should be their first priority? :)

My thoughts exactly! They treat us MAC users so cold.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free