Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spotting small overlooked things in the demo.

There's a lot of negativity going around this forum and I understand a lot of people are passionate about features and exceptions.

But all that aside I decided to watch the demo with a positive mind and I'm still excited.

One thing I did notice is in the kitchen the counter in the middle is large, If you look closely you can see two corner counters were put together to make a large ( almost table like ) center counter. I like it!

considering you could only ever make connecting curved counters I wonder how this was achieved? :)

2aj1639.jpg

If there's anything else you've noticed that hasn't really been mentioned I would love to hear :)

Comments

• Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    Banksy33 wrote:
    There's a lot of negativity going around this forum and I understand I lot of people are passionate about features and exceptions.

But all that aside I decide to watch the demo with a positive mind and I'm still excited.

One thing I did notice is in the kitchen the counter in the middle is large, If you look closely you can see two corner counters were put together to make a large ( almost table like ) center counter. I like it!

considering you could only ever make connecting curved counters I wonder how this was achieved? :)

33xwown.jpg

If there's anything else you've noticed that hasn't really been mentioned I would love to hear :)

I just noticed that when you pointed it out, super cool. I'm in love with build mode.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have an idea of how they might of done it.. Can't wait to jump into build mode and try out the new curved counters. :mrgreen: Seriously, I think I enjoy building kitchens way too much.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe with cheats specially move objects
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2014
    This wasn't in the demo, and I sure others noticed it too inside CAS, but I was pleasantly surprised by the sparkling clothing effect.
    Ling2014-07-2016-54-49-17.jpg

That's a first for The Sims; it looks like a simple effect that is noticeable when you spin her around, but it's nice.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Build mode is a definite huge improvement over TS2 and TS3, same with CAS. I wish they gave us a build mode demo for us to play with though.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2014
    I believe we now have what I consider 'book-end' counters. I did some quick diagrams to show how they work, because I noticed they had some in the bathroom as well.

JsH5hE8l.png

Kitchen counter layout:

cjoBo8Ul.png

Bathroom counter layout:

DfguUUVl.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love that were getting sequence clothing for the base game. 8)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nice find! I noticed that too -- it looks so cool! I think when Graham was moving the bathroom around to show the option of moving entire rooms, at one point he hovered over the counter and it looked as though all they have to do was just put them together like that, and they will most likely connect automatically. I hope they'll do that on their own in the game!

I also noticed at one point that the female Sim that Sim!Ryan was arguing with started talking to the child Sim on the playground...while she was still on the top of the pirate ship! And it looked like another Sim ran up and joined in on the conversation. :)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    I believe we now have what I consider 'book-end' counters. I did some quick diagrams to show how they work, because I noticed they had some in the bathroom as well.

JsH5hE8l.png

Kitchen counter layout:

cjoBo8Ul.png

Bathroom counter layout:

DfguUUVl.png

This makes perfect sense! I hope this is the case! :D
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    I noticed that the furniture seems to take up a very large area. It's out of proportion with the size of the house.

I noticed that the Sims in the distance all have grayish looking skin. Watch the video, I was sure they were all vampires! Then they got closer to them and their skin color finishing rendering..... :shock:

Yeah, not exactly positive things but there is very little positive to discover.

One thing I did like was the new exercising options. Sit-ups, push-ups, boxing (or was that kick boxing?). It all looked kind of cool but it was over shadowed by Lurch shuffling into the gym (that walk is going to get annoying very quickly).

I, personally, am not sure I like this version of building but I am willing to withhold judgement on that part till I see some more game play.

It looked like the boxing is available after you reach a certain level of athletic skill -- sort of like how you can use the board breaker after a certain level of martial arts skill (if you have WA). So you start with things like the treadmill or the weight machines then move up. And Graham commented that Ryan was lifting less weights than he (Graham) was...so can you actually set that by clicking on the machine? Sometimes when working out you lift lighter weights but do more repetitions to get a different result than when lifting heavier weights with fewer reps.

I actually saw a lot that I liked -- but I haven't seen enough game play to take me off the fence. I may just have to wait till the game actually is released and I see some live play on Twitch. I want to see more age groups than just young adults, I want to see more interactions (especially romantic interactions).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014

JsH5hE8l.png

Kitchen counter layout:

cjoBo8Ul.png

Bathroom counter layout:

DfguUUVl.png

Maybe they took the idea from the end-cap bookcases that we got in Roaring Heights?

Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    I noticed that the furniture seems to take up a very large area. It's out of proportion with the size of the house.

The only thing I saw that was oversized was the cupcake machine. Everything else seems pretty proportional to me. That cupcake machine, though. :shock: I mean, either those cupcakes are massive or you can make 100 at once. Otherwise HUGE waste of space. Actually, I kinda thinks it's a waste of space anyway--why can't I just cook cupcakes in my oven?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited July 2014
    I noticed the counters right away. I also noticed that the is no sink in the bathroom...not sure if they did that on purpose or for decorative reason
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2014
    I noticed the counters right away. I also noticed that the is no sink in the bathroom...not sure if they did that on purpose or for decorative reason

Regardless, there ARE sinks in the game, they can be seen in other pictures which have already been posted in other threads.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sometimes I look at this game and think 'Wow, that's kind of neat'. Other times I look at it and think 'That looks [expletive deleted] jinky cheap'. When I consider it's been thrown together in under two years, I tend to favor the later over the former. Get it released so I can read trustworthy reviews!
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    lucyvp86 wrote:

The only thing I saw that was oversized was the cupcake machine. Everything else seems pretty proportional to me. That cupcake machine, though. :shock: I mean, either those cupcakes are massive or you can make 100 at once. Otherwise HUGE waste of space. Actually, I kinda thinks it's a waste of space anyway--why can't I just cook cupcakes in my oven?

That's what I was wondering too. Why not just use the oven for cupcakes? And man that thing is big!

I'm sure i'll still have fun with it but :shock:
  • Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did anyone else notice at the party, the girl went to watch tv and it came on before she pulled out the remote? other than that little bug it was a nice demo. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I noticed time is still progressing speedily like TS3. I am not sure how fast though. I also noticed that time was consistent with when they arrived home. No time jumping back to the time when they left.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sometimes I look at this game and think 'Wow, that's kind of neat'. Other times I look at it and think 'That looks [expletive deleted] jinky cheap'. When I consider it's been thrown together in under two years, I tend to favor the later over the former. Get it released so I can read trustworthy reviews!

I noticed some things just seem unnecessarily cartonish. I was looking at the mailbox. Why? It looks like something out of Mysims, not stylistically real at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    I noticed time is still progressing speedily like TS3. I am not sure how fast though. I also noticed that time was consistent with when they arrived home. No time jumping back to the time when they left.

Time is a bit slower than in TS3 I think.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    I also noticed that time was consistent with when they arrived home. No time jumping back to the time when they left.

Yep, Gurus had said that it would work like that. :P
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    renzilla wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    I also noticed that time was consistent with when they arrived home. No time jumping back to the time when they left.

just makes it even more .... sad for me that the sims at home can't work on skills.... as I follow the teen on a date in the park....

and about park... I really liked the playground... want to know more about those items... and the gardner
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    renzilla wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

just makes it even more .... sad for me that the sims at home can't work on skills.... as I follow the teen on a date in the park....

and about park... I really liked the playground... want to know more about those items... and the gardner

Sims on a lot can skill build while you follow another Sim. They can all so socialize and everything else. We have away actions.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited July 2014
    I noticed that the house they originally had and the one they plopped down from the gallery had two different mailboxes (I think, don't hurt me if I'm wrong). I thought that was cool.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    there were only 4 music channels and not a custom music option