Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you liking that massive 1% discount?

It just seems... odd. April Fools or not.

Comments

• Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited April 2014
    :? Yeah, sooooo funny. Why do people indulge in this sort of nonsense?
  • Options
    GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited April 2014
    I thought it was an april fool at first and like fake...
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think it is cute. Come on, everyone was expecting them to do something. At least they didn't tease people with a 99% off and get everybody mad that it was not true!
  • Options
    molunchmonkeymolunchmonkey Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2014
    I just saw that. Check out the sale page. 1% off, 1% off, 1% off, 31% off (at least they added it to what was already on sale).

If it jumps up to something else after the 6 hours are up then I might get interested.

• Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    I think it is cute. Come on, everyone was expecting them to do something. At least they didn't tease people with a 99% off and get everybody mad that it was not true!

Fair enough. I was able to get the Villia for the same price as the one item I was missing, so that's something.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited April 2014
    How can anyone think this is an April Fool?? What's so funny about it?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm upset because that's where my favorite blue button would be. :cry::wink:
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited April 2014
    Anmirla wrote:

That's what I was about to say. I haven't seen it since this morning.
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited April 2014
    Anmirla wrote:

I know, I need me some blue button, didn't get any yesterday. the gift button is gone off the store too, like as if everything is on DD. Very strange if it is an April Fool.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2014
    Anmirla wrote:

I haven't been able to see it for entire past week. And only a FEW times before that.
    Completely useless!

AND REALLY LAME sale/joke! :roll:

Of course, those DD sales of 0%, or in the "negatives", were even worse :lol:
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited April 2014

Well, I'd better just rush right over there right now and buy something before the timer runs out and I miss out on saving 10 simpoints. :roll:
  • Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited April 2014

I'm not saying that the store team is high, I'm just saying that it's legal in California... :twisted:
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited April 2014
    HAHAHAHAHahahaha I'm so hoping this is an April Fool's joke. I saw it and couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of 1% off. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    molunchmonkeymolunchmonkey Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2014
    chasingAJ wrote:

I'm not saying that the store team is high, I'm just saying that it's legal in California... :twisted:

I'm guessing they must be. I just gifted a regularly 25-pt object to someone through their wishlist (it said it was on sale for 24 points) and I was still charged 25. So haha, very funny store team. You stole one simpoint from me.

Now give me back my blue ads... grr...
  • Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited April 2014
    i just saw this and was about to post and ask if anyone else saw it haha. whats the deal with it?
  • Options
    FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well I rushed off and bought... nothing! If I haven't bought it full price,a stonking 1% isn't going to make me part with my money.

On the subject of blue banners I have seen one a few times today. It brings up an ad that won't load so no simpoints to be had there.

:roll:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aw come on....ya gotta give the store credit for a cute April Fool prank.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2014
    Avatar backgrounds are 10 % off! Go get them! :lol:
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2014
    It's April Fools Day! The 1% off sale is funny. You're not actually ever required to buy anything--discounted or not--so why are people being so prickly about it?
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2014
    chasingAJ wrote:

It's legal in Washington and Colorado, not California. Not without a prescription, anyway.
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2014
    :mrgreen: I think the 1% off is cute and funny. It gave me a much needed giggle. I get a giggle picturing the staff setting the prices and having to set up the sales page. I get mad at EA often enough, but this is just plain funny.
  • Options
    BlackLlamaMafiaBlackLlamaMafia Posts: 12
    edited April 2014
    Maybe they just did this to get everyone thinking that Make Me an Offer deals are awesome.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited April 2014
    The 1% sale on everything....... might not be an April fools joke, but a practice run for something they're planning down the line.
    Anyway ...... it's all kinda odd.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited April 2014
    It took my CYS price for the April 2013 compilation down to 95 SPs, so I'm not complaining! Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick, as the saying goes :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited April 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    It's April Fools Day! The 1% off sale is funny. You're not actually ever required to buy anything--discounted or not--so why are people being so prickly about it?

I'm not so sure it's actually a joke...