Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheating in Sims 4

Unless they are in the same room as their partner, sims should not be able to know that their partner is cheating. Like, do sims have the ability to see through walls? I think it's so dumb that sims just know when their partner is cheating.

Comments

• Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    agreed though they should rarely be able to find out through gossip.
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Yeah sims can smell it. It brings up a point though, some people are clueless while others are clarvoiant that might make an interesting slider "the brain slider"
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think it is weird, your sim can get a reputation on cheating, if no one but your sim and the person who they are having an affair with, are somewhere. Do sims secretly have security cameras in every home, watching affairs and cheating? Or maybe the phones listen to your sims flirting! There is a NSA in The Sims. No question
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree on that. Sims should able to find out through their friends and family (who caught them cheating). Or if sims are celebrity and paparazzi come around caught them cheating out somewhere. Then gossip will spread. Now I'm thinking about it. It would be cool and funny if EA did added this ideas in the TS4.
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited March 2014
    I gave up on having my Sims cheat. It's no fun if you can't actually sneak around behind anyone's back. I hope they improve that this time around. Like you said, if the other half is in the room, or on the same open lot (like a park, beach etc.) then that's fine. But if they're in another room, another lot, then they shouldn't be aware of it, not even through gossip.
  • Options
    madi2019madi2019 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree with all of that... Cheating is impossible to find out about unless through gossip or if their partner is in the same room.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2014
    knh330 wrote:
    Unless they are in the same room as their partner, sims should not be able to know that their partner is cheating. Like, do sims have the ability to see through walls? I think it's so dumb that sims just know when their partner is cheating.

Not so dumb. It's like real life. Sometimes a partner just knows.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2014
    knh330 wrote:

Not so dumb. It's like real life. Sometimes a partner just knows.

It is not the same thing, in thesims is like instant Telephaty, so yes, it is dumb. And how the hell the entire city knows what my sim and with who he is duing when he is like - two meters under the erth in the edge of town inside a tomb without nobody near? that is just stupid.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree with this. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    oreosncreamforjo55oreosncreamforjo55 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I gave up on having my Sims cheat. It's no fun if you can't actually sneak around behind anyone's back. I hope they improve that this time around. Like you said, if the other half is in the room, or on the same open lot (like a park, beach etc.) then that's fine. But if they're in another room, another lot, then they shouldn't be aware of it, not even through gossip.

I agree. Having a sim sneak around should be fun in the game and the gamer should decide if the sim gets caught.
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, it's kind of stupid they either don't know or they immediately know.
    I didn't like that the children were affected by cheating either. So stupid.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited March 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Actually, I find that pretty realistic...I've used that several times to have a dad (or mom) who has to win back their children's trust and affection after the kids caught them flirting with the neighbor.

And as Phoebesmom said, sometimes people "just know." Their partner is acting weird, comes home with some else's perfume on them, or, I don't know, spends too much time locked in a room alone with someone and they just draw conclusions. :P I don't have my sims cheat unless I WANT them to get caught for the storyline I'm playing.

If I want them to cheat consequence free, I send them on vacation to France. No one back home will ever know.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Actually, I find that pretty realistic...I've used that several times to have a dad (or mom) who has to win back their children's trust and affection after the kids caught them flirting with the neighbor.

And as Phoebesmom said, sometimes people "just know." Their partner is acting weird, comes home with some else's perfume on them, or, I don't know, spends too much time locked in a room alone with someone and they just draw conclusions. :P I don't have my sims cheat unless I WANT them to get caught for the storyline I'm playing.

If I want them to cheat consequence free, I send them on vacation to France. No one back home will ever know.

If you want em get caugh,Then make em get caugh, it is not like the a "distubance on the force" from star-wars, people know by logic, but they do not get a radio beep every time the partner cheats.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2014
    madi2019 wrote:
    I agree with all of that... Cheating is impossible to find out about unless through gossip or if their partner is in the same room.

Or if one of the 2 brags about it to friends ... of if your body language/behavior gives it away and arouses suspicion in your partner
  • Options
    dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I've managed to have sims cheat before in the sims 3
    it's a challenge to not get caught but I've made it work
  • Options
    NilesseNilesse Posts: 15 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

You can send a sim on vacation with someone not in your household? o-O
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited March 2014
    Yeah sims can smell it. It brings up a point though, some people are clueless while others are clarvoiant that might make an interesting slider "the brain slider"

Great idea, lol, brain slider :thumbup:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited March 2014
    knh330 wrote:

I always thought it was fine that sims would know someone was cheating if they "woohooed" in the same house (unless it was a gigantic house and they were on opposite ends), but otherwise... yeah, the omnipotence is kind of annoying. Especially when babies are the ones who "caught" their mother or father cheating, and then everyone knows. No! You are a baby, and you should be both unaware of cheating and unable to magically inform everyone else about it!
  • Options
    KhasilooluvKhasilooluv Posts: 527 Member
    edited March 2014
    lol!! I was just thinking about this!!
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited March 2014
    I swear I remember cheating being so much easier in TS2. I would have a guy cheat in the next room or in another room in the house and the wife would never know. However in TS3 they always knew, especially when the side piece sim got pregnant. I had this happen for the first time and was shocked how powerless I was to stop the wife from divorcing him.

Sims 2 Cheating Throwback.
    Because sims can totally see through walls.

Sims-2-Apartment-Life-and-Apartment-Pets-Come-to-PC-and-DS-2.jpg

Concerning TS4, at least they mentioned in some interviews that it will be much easier to cheat and to choose which type of relationship.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nilesse wrote:
    Halle_M wrote:

You can send a sim on vacation with someone not in your household? o-O

She means she sends them to France to have affairs with the townies there but that didn't work with me because they still get the naughty rep and the spouse at home knows.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    An intelligent slider. That is a brilliant idea. Such a thing would make it possible for different sims to learn skills at different speeds in the game, depending on how far the simmer moves the slider. :D
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow great idea a intelligent slider! Hi sunman, Hi Cat! :wink:
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    htairchix3 wrote:
    Hi htairchix.
    The intelligent slider is actually not my idea, it was organgrinder who actually came up with the idea. I just merely gave it a better sounding name is all. When one says brain slider. It sounds like one wants to make the sim's brain larger or smaller, not the sim's IQ. So that's why I had named it intelligent slider, instead of brain slider. :wink:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    htairchix3 wrote:

Hi. :D