The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    Pallypoo wrote:
    So I am having pricing issues. I have the lot finished. And it was at 54,600 something for lot value in the corner box thing. I went to save it and then export. The lot in the bin is only 51,229 the price of the lot is 3,384. Now added together that is, 54,613. But when I place the lot the price is 57,663. Since the budget was 55,000, I am wondering what to do. I stayed under budget when building. I did have my sim on the lot to playtest and take pictures and find the bird so maybe that effected it?

Pally - weird pricing issues abound in this game, I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the build came in under budget before placing your sim for testing you should be fine. I believe anything the Sim has in his/her inventory can affect the price of the lot, so that is probably the cause...
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well, since I still have a week left, I will try and figure it out. I may just need to replace a few things. :(
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    edited January 2014
    Pricing of lots is always a little like gambling :). I found that fruits to be harvested add to the lot value. Maybe it will help to harvest all the plants.

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    I thought I'd let you know that I now have not one but two crows:)

I spent the last 3 hrs getting her to the lifetime happiness points to get a collection helper.

Crows were still impossible in Sunset Valley so I took her back to China and this time was able to locate two crows that she could befriend in a few minutes. So I cancelled the trip and took her home.

I've saved it and will sort it all out tomorrow night. It is almost midnight here and I have work tomorrow. Need to be out of the house at around 6:30 am so better get some sleep now.

I have a major mess to clean up in the house as there are birds everywhere. Nothing spawned on her lot other than one or two small birds. Mostly I put large bird spawners on it. I clean it all up tomorrow night. There are still a few days to get it done.

I don't work on Thursday - and it's Tuesday night here now so Thursday isn't that far away. Just in case I can't sort it out on Wednesday night.

XAnd_C001.jpg

no way, i didnt know my sim could have a crow!! i thought just parrots and small birds!
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited January 2014
    This is my first time entering this contest, I've entered few others and placed in 3rd place (it seems to be my favorite spot 8) ) I'm going to place myself in intermediate but if I should be somewhere else just let me know :wink:

Nature's Child #231-232

NAME: cmbaker16

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7961399

LINK TO MEDIA: All the pictures for the house and household are at the same link in case it matters :-o
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/712200.page#11706464
    246wa37.jpg

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7961401
    29f5vg3.jpg

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 36x47, 53 Waterfall Way, $45,173

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Become one with nature in this 1bed, 1bath small home. Natural looking placed trees create amazing scenery to spark creativity in any sim. Sit out on a rocking chair to take in the view of the waterfall or work in the herb/veggie garden. The perfect place for any nature loving sim and with a pond so close fisherman are sure to enjoy living here as well. (Built for 53 waterfall lane in Sunset Valley)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC was used
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if anyone will find this helpful but when I went looking for a crow I placed the bird spawners on my lot using buydebug and at about 2am sim time a crow had appeared and it was her first night. I don't know if you have to spot them at a certain time or not though.
  • Options
    JasonmlohJasonmloh Posts: 54 New Member
    edited January 2014
    @Jasonmloh: The only reason I said beginner, is that this is my first challenge.

Ok then best of luck to you.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    edited January 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    I don't know if anyone will find this helpful but when I went looking for a crow I placed the bird spawners on my lot using buydebug and at about 2am sim time a crow had appeared and it was her first night. I don't know if you have to spot them at a certain time or not though.

I had small and large bird spawners on her home lot. All of them. Several small birds spawned. Mostly rare ones. Several large birds spawned during the first 12 or so real life hours of play. They were mostly spotted sixams plus a mawcaw or two.

At the end of that session I placed additional bird spawners in two parks plus in a 64x64 lot that I added and eventually filled with bird spawners by the end of my second real time day of trying. I got several cockatoos and grey parrots. There were also macaws spawning in one park and that extra lot but she could only watch them. Several birds spawned in various other locations. None were crows. One lot that I put two spawners onto early on day 1 never spawned a bird. Another lot that input spawners onto early on day 2 never spawned a bird. 6 Sim seasons went by between the start of day 1 and day 2.

I took her to china during day 1 and she found more spotted sixsams.

Day two I concentrated on getting her a collection helper but checked all spawners every sim day at least twice. Plus anywhere else I thought a bird may spawn. She got a few cockatoos and macaws and grey parrots. Plus various small birds.

When she finally got the collection helper after 3 real life hours I spent two more sim days looking for birds in Sunset Valley. There were small birds and cockatoos. No crows. So I took her to china and with the collection helper she got two crows during her first day there. Then I got her to return home as I really didn't want to be playing sims at midnight when I had to go to work next day. I'm now on the train home after work and I'm tired and not planning turning my computer on tonight. So tomorrow will be when I find out if I can get it all to go together.
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Build-n-Share Challenge #231-232** Natures Child...

NAME: iampes23

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7961826

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/BnS 231 232 Natures Child

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Xantha Disthenos is a loner and a technophobe with green thumb, artistic, and savvy sculptor traits. She has eyes nearly as dark as her raven, Tear. She prefers to dress in black, also like Tear. She spends her days making friends with the local animals, gardening, and working on her photography, sculpting, and painting. Her life time goal is to be considered a visionary.
    http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/Xantha and Tear

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:36x47 53 Waterfall Way $45,687

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Xantha Disthenos picked a lovely, secluded lot with a waterfall view for her new home. It has an open floor plan for the living room and kitchen areas with a rustic fence enclosure separating the studio area. The home features one bath and one bedroom with a bonus laundry room. Xantha, a wonderful artist, hand painted the walls in the bedroom. Due to her allergies, she requested no carpet or rugs in the house. It also features space for her raven, Tear. She has veggies and herbs close to the house and a dense forest of various trees, shrubs, and flowers encircling the home. A pond stretches out in front of the house so that the view to the waterfall is not obscured. Since the foliage is so dense, there are no curtains needed. The lot does not come with the SUV, Xantha, or Tear.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no cc used on lot, cc on Xantha from Skysims and Cazy for hair and an outfit I could not trace the owner of(all from TSR)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited January 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:

I don't think its really about time I think the game just likes to make us crazy, because when I finally found the crow it was spawned from one I put @ Stoney Falls in the middle of the day but I think having the collection helper makes it easier.

All posted lots are Rec'd :D
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would like to know where you are supposed to post your entry. I'm so new to forums and contests, I've read this thing about 50 times and still don't know where you post the entries at. Can someone let me know. Please.
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited January 2014
    VannaRed wrote:
    I would like to know where you are supposed to post your entry. I'm so new to forums and contests, I've read this thing about 50 times and still don't know where you post the entries at. Can someone let me know. Please.

you just post your entry here. :) welcome to the challenges!
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited January 2014
    VannaRed wrote:

What PhoenixRyder said. On the first page of this thread you can find the entry 'form' that you can just copy, paste in a 'comment/reply' and then fill in. And than you post it. It's on the first page and at the end of the first comment. Or you could copy an entry from someone else and just replace all the information with your own ;)

Hope that helps
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    VannaRed wrote:

you just post your entry here. :) welcome to the challenges!

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    VannaRed wrote:

What PhoenixRyder said. On the first page of this thread you can find the entry 'form' that you can just copy, paste in a 'comment/reply' and then fill in. And than you post it. It's on the first page and at the end of the first comment. Or you could copy an entry from someone else and just replace all the information with your own ;)

Hope that helps

Thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    artgirl220artgirl220 Posts: 9
    edited January 2014
    Hi! This is my first Build n' Share, so please tell me if I did anything wrong!
    NAME: Artgirl220
    Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963162
    Link to Media: (If you go to the lot all of the pictures are there, I put them in with the UIC)
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Nope. Didn't do it. I'm sorry:(
    LEVEL: Beginner
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS, AND COST: Was built where the challenge required, for some reason the cost fluctuated, so it's either 54,997 or around 51,231, either way it's under 55,000
    DETAILS: The lot is reforested, and because I prefer my sims to have art studios outside, I made one on the balcony outside of the bedroom :) The bathroom is absolutely gorgeous, despite it's small size (which is why I didn't take a picture of it).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CC USED: No CC :!:
  • Options
    vampireninjabunnvampireninjabunn Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [Natures Child 231-232]

NAME: vampireninjabunnies

LINK TO LOT:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963240

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963240

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963238

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 36x47, 53 Waterfall Way, 45,532 dollars.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" if you'd like suggestions for improvement, "no" if you'd like only positive feedback

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
  • Options
    vampireninjabunnvampireninjabunn Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [Natures Child 231-232]

NAME: vampireninjabunnies

LINK TO LOT:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963240

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963240

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963238

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 36x47, 53 Waterfall Way, 45,532 dollars.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    edited January 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY [Natures Child 231-232]

NAME: Federico

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thebigllama.blogspot.it/2014/01/calle-della-cascata-53.html

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/fedekiko30/slideshow/Build-N-Share Challenge

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 36x47, 53 Waterfall Way, 47'000§ (more or less)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Ok, I know it, the requirements were for a kitchen, a living area and an artist studio, but also for a small house.
    As you can see, due to the required dimensions of the house, I've chosen to build an open space, instead of three distinct small rooms, which includes a kitchen area, a small living area (Xantha lives alone and dislikes people, so she doesn't need a big living area), and - the most important of all - a bright area for painting and drawing (we know that she paints a lot).
    This internal arrangement - with one big room only - allows the owner of the house to enjoy the waterfalls view from every spot of the open space, and gives the suggestion of being in a bigger house.
    In addition, the full window walls create a deep connection between the internals and the surrounding natural environment.
    The internal walls have been deliberately left blank, so the owner can hang on them her several future paintings.
    The materials used for the construction of this house are natural origined (wood and stone), except for the concrete floor, chosen for its rough appearance, like a sort of stone reinvented by humans.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM:
    Yes!...
    I'm not completely sure if the external area has been re-forested enough, as asked: although, I think that more trees, or bushes, could give the entire lot an artifact appearance, because of the not so high density of trees in the surronding area.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    TheSimsResource, ModtheSims, and Mysims3blog.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    edited January 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Build-N-Share Challenge (231-232)

Natures Child
    NAME: karritz

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963408

LINK TO MEDIA: http://postimg.org/gallery/37xnw2no/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://postimg.org/gallery/c4yzfyus/

Xantha’s traits are loner, Artistic, Green Thumb, Adventurous and Brave

I chose Adventurous and brave as her additional traits as I thought she'd need them both to live alone with her birds in that spot. I made her a reddish blonde as her Greek name means blonde.

LEVEL: intermediate (this is my first build type challenge but I have been building before – I don’t use any advanced building techniques though.)

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 36x47, 53 Waterfall Way Sunset Valley, Furnished Cost: 54,987 Unfurnished Cost: 35,262

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

Downstairs
    Combined kitchen and dining room contains fridge, sink, stove cupboards, fire alarm, food processor, microwave table with two chairs and some wall art made by Xantha. Doors lead to the foyer and the outside laundry room.

Entry foyer has front door plus doors to kitchen/dining and lounge room. It has wall art made by Xantha and some birds. There is a long end table holding a few wildflowers collected by Xantha. It has a wicker box and a small plant. Wisely the Owl sits outside next to the front door. Xantha called her home Owl Cottage because the only large birds she saw there during the first two years she lived in the house were owls.

Lounge room with sofa, bird tree bookcase, TV, end table containing her inherited antique clock and some wildflowers Xantha collected. There is some wall art made by Xantha as well as a picture she inherited. A spiral staircase leads up to the bedroom and bathroom. Doors exit to the foyer and the artist studio.

Large artist studio with easel, whiteboard, drafting table and computer and large windows to allow in light and views. Xamtha needs the computer for writing her novels. Her LTW is Illustrious Author. There is some wall art made by Xantha. The two doors lead to the lounge room and outside via the laundry room. A large raven on her studio wall watches her as she writes her novels – or plays games on the computer.

Laundry room with space for washer and dryer plus perch for a large bird – the bird can fly outdoors or be in out of the weather as it sees fit. Two open archways lead outside to the rear and side of the house.

Upstairs:
    Bedroom with single bed, dresser, mat, a bedside table containing a candle and a wildflower Xantha collected. The room has a large window facing the rear of the property and a smaller window facing the waterfall. There are two doors, one to the external veranda and the other to a passage way.

External veranda has a seat, an easel, wind chimes and a hanging décor bird house.

Bathroom has a tub, sink and toilet plus décor.

Passage runs across the front of the house and has two doors; one to the bedroom and the other to the bathroom. The spiral staircase connects to the lounge room down stairs.

A variety of trees have been planted to the side of the lot away from the waterfall.

There is a picnic table under the trees and Xantha loves to eat her meals at that table. She has an easel near the picnic table.

Bird spawners have been placed under the trees. Birds occasionally spawn here.

Xantha can hear the birds singing in the trees when she is outside.

The parking space for her car is at the front of the lot.

A small greenhouse allows Xantha to harvest her vegetables and herbs throughout the year. She has three fruit trees in a small enclosed space to protect them from zombie attacks. The fruit trees are an apple, lemon and orange trees.

Xantha was once frightened by a stray cat trying to eat one of her bird friends during a cold winter. She found a feline stray gnome to keep the stray cats away from her birds.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No custom content used – all came from EA Store or Exp Packs or Stuff Packs.

Link to Xantha & possibly a crow http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963973
  • Options
    MimiLuvsPJOMimiLuvsPJO Posts: 19
    edited January 2014
    Hi! This is my first entry, and I'm quite happy with my build, seeing as it's only the 6th house I've built so far :P

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Nature's Child #231-232

NAME: MimiLuvsPJO

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963132

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s900.photobucket.com/user/MimiLuvsPJO/slideshow/BnS Challenge- Natures Child?sort=2

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s900.photobucket.com/user/MimiLuvsPJO/slideshow/BnS Challenge- Natures Child/Xantha Disthenos?sort=2

LEVEL: Beginner, definitely.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 36x47, 53 Waterfall Way, $51,491

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The entrance is lined with a long fountain and round topiary. Reforested as much as I could. There's a little private pond near the back of the lot, and the herb and veggies garden is directly outside behind the kitchen. Rather small bathroom, just what's necessary. The living room and dining area are in one room, as Xantha should be alone most of the time, not needing to much space. Downstairs is ready to be decorated with her future paintings, though the art studio upstairs is already full of them. The parking space is sheltered but open. It's all dark wood, cream, and forest green. (The last kitchen counter on the right isn't actually that blue, just weird lighting. :? )

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please. Don't be brutal, though. :)

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:Bathroom counter, possibly recieved through bethanywalker17? (I don't even know, it just showed up in my installed content after downloading quite a few sims o_o )
  • Options
    mikemaddie40mikemaddie40 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    i made a really cool housef or the build n share challenge, but i dont know how to submit it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    i made a really cool housef or the build n share challenge, but i dont know how to submit it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

That is great!

You just fill in the entry form that you can find on the first page, (or copy it from the person that commented before you, she has placed the entry form for her build. But make sure you remove all answers from the other person! and fill in your own). Make sure you read all the rules/guidelines on the first page as there are a lot of handy tips. And just place it here on the forum :)
    that's all :)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm so happy to see so many new faces here! :) Welcome all!!
    :thumbup:

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,033 Member
    edited January 2014
    I've just been through all the entries for Natures Child and rec'd them all. Truly awesome builds all round, good luck everyone :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top