Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DBS Winterful, Wonderful Creations 2013-2014

Comments

• Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2014
    0_good_morning_kitty_friend.gif
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,344 Member
    edited January 2014
    Happy weekend :D

All the best for Maisies speedy recovery. :D **Hugs**

I've left recs for all creations now. :thumbup:

The winter thread is so beautiful. :D **Hugs**

Winterpostcard from Denmark:
    61zn.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited January 2014
    Betty's Farm :)

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7932836

Betty left her farm to her family and so they have been doing bits of it up as they went along, they have made progress but funds ran out so some bits are modern while other's remain as their grandma left it. This property has 2 beds, both with ensuite, a kitchen, with dining space and living space for your cats or dogs, An art space, leading to a study area, a downstairs bathroom and laundry area. Outside there is a double height barn with 4 stalls and a balcony area for hobbies. Pond area with Outdoor cooking and dining area. The lot includes cows, and chickens and an outdoor area for games and hobbies. The garage contains space for one car includes nectary storage and a basement for nectary making

980f6f29-9ded-4f7c-be48-c5de0eeaf9bb.jpg
    e7db9bb4-49f5-42bf-bf04-fe859ed8cd66.jpg
    2121339f-b389-48d5-8718-23893e60b6b1.jpg
    48ac6b38-1d83-45e4-b120-29afa83685b2.jpg
    60eb84d3-90a6-40e2-9975-3d05fd4b36c7.jpg
    more pictures: Betty's Farm Extra pictures
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited January 2014
    Loving all the creations here off to go and rec them all!!!

Thank you so much for all the fab comments on my Darkside Dwelling I love midnight hollow and always seemed so more inspired to build when I am there :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @Rose- I wish you a wonderful weekend as well hon. :D **Hugs**

@Dawn- Lots of love to you, Robin, and Maisie. I hope that her recovery goes well. :D **Hugs**

@chealsycat- Thanks so much for stopping in and sharing Winter Fairytale sweetie. It's beautiful! :D **Hugs**

@soocoolsim- Thanks for stopping in sweetie. I hope that you're having a great start to the new year too.:D **Hugs**

@Apple- I love the Waterwell, Caterberry, and De Somber families sweetie. They're all so regal looking! Thanks for sharing them.:D **Hugs**

@B- I love the Fishmongers and their backstory sweetie. Thanks for sharing them here. The link to the contest is http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/734592.page . :D **Hugs**

@Svend- hello and thanks for the postcard from Denmark. :D **Hugs**

@Looby- Thanks so much for sharing betty's farm hon. I miss my pets sometimes. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited January 2014
    20990.gif

Hello Rosie, Soocoolsim, Apple, Sheba and Svend :D

Hello everyone :D

Apple, I love your households! Rec'd them all despite of Liam :mrgreen:

Brenna, Fishmonger Family looks very realistic :thumbup:

Svend, thanks for sharing your nice picture :D

Loobylou, Betty's Farm looks very nice, but you forgot the download link :wink:

Rosie, Apple and Sheba!
    thank you for your nice words :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,660 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello Brennachan :) Your Fishmonger sims family is great! Great background details to them.

Hello blacksheba1973 :) The waving litten is cute!

Hello Svineprutter :) The picture that you have posted of Winter in Denmark is very nice.

Hello loobylou1985 :) Betty's Farm is very nice! Very nice exterior of the house. It looks great how you have done the windows. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers around the edges of the front of the home. Nice upper balconies. It looks very nice how you have done the pond area! The arched bridge and the way you have placed the flowers around the edge of the pond looks very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior. Nice window study nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the study desk using the computer or having a read of a book from the nearby bookcase with the sunlight coming in onto them. Sims will enjoy painting on the nearby easel. Very nice design of the kitchen. The bar stool counter looks great. It looks great that you have placed the kitchen and bar counters together so as sims can sit on the bar stools and watch other sims preparing the meal. Nice pattern that you have used for the kitchen walls. The hanging apron looks homely. The floor pattern looks great. Nice type of blinds that you have placed on the windows. The type of windows that you have used look nice. Nice sunny and light filled window sitting alcove area there for sims to enjoy relaxing on the sofa with the sunlight coming in onto them. The patterned floor mat there looks nice. Great to have the pet beds and bowls there for the pets to be there whilst the sims are cooking and eating. Nice furnishing of the master bedroom. Nice shades of blue that you have used there, and the patterns that you have used for the walls, bed and floor mat look nice. The round side tables either side of the bed look nice. The barn is great. It looks great how you have the upper loft area for sims to use the inventing table and do sculpting. The saddles look great there. Great to have the chin up item there for sims to use to keep fit. It looks great how you have set up the 4 stalls for the horses in the ground level of the barn. It is great that you have designed the garage to have a nectary in the basement. Sims will have fun creating their own nectars using the nectar machine and then store them on the nectar shelves in the main level of the garage. Very nice living room. Sims will like relaxing on the comfortable sofa and arm chairs, being warmed up by the fireplace. Nice type of seating that you have used which suits the home, and the floral mat looks nice. It is a nice place to sit and listen to the music from the stereo or enjoy hearing the musical instrument being played. It is great that you have the 2 areas of the living room with sims also enjoying sitting on the sofa in the tv watching section and watching a tv program. The pink roses on the table and the house picture on the wall are nice touches. Great fenced off vegie patch for growing and harvesting produce to use when cooking meals. The scarecrow there looks great . It looks great how you have set up the areas of the outdoors. Sims will enjoy playing table tennis, golf or gnubb, and do painting or harvesting of the honey from the hive. It looks nice how you have surrounded the chicken coop and cow shed area with the flowers. Very nice outdoors dining area nook! It looks very nice how you have set up the dining table and chairs there. It would be a nice place to eat surrounded with the nice floral and plant surroundings. The candle lights there look nice. It looks great how you have the outdoor kitchen area near the pond. Sims will enjoy cooking outdoors on the bbq and be able to look at nice sights whilst they wait for their food to be cooked. Very nice 2nd bedroom. Nice patterning of the walls and green and black shades of colour that you have used. The vase of flowers on the table and the fruit bowl and towels on the dresser at the foot of the bed are nice touches in the room. It looks very nice how you have done the shade over the window there.
    It is a very nice farm home!

Hello chealsycat :) The teddy looking through the window is so very cute!

I hope that everyone is having a nice weekend. :)
  • Options
    PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend.

Its been oh so cold around here and busy as ever. After the holidays its been work work work. Have 2 wips that I started before christmas for my RH save, Hope to get some time next week to work on them.

Shayla gave me a big scare, got home from work on Thursday to find that she was having trouble standing up and limping very badly.It broke my heart to watch her trying to stand up to greet me, she usually comes running with a huge tail wag and a stuffie in her mouth ready to play. Mom said she fell on some ice during her walk, vet says its a bad bruise and a sprain on her left back leg. So she is been having lots of rest, which she cant stand cause she is a very active dog, but is doing much better. She still is having trouble with stairs so I have to help her a bit, she is bunny hopping them, and its hard cause she needs to use the stairs to get outside my back door that is between two stairwells.

Oh Dawn honey,
    I am so sorry to hear about your poor sweetie Maisie. I have tears in my eyes reading about her. I am so glad to hear that she is now on her way to better health. Give her a belly rub for me and a kiss from Shayla.

Svend
    such a fun picture of the gnomes and the snowman. thanks for sharing the
    Winter postcard from Denmark, it looks so relaxing and pretty.

Apple
    your households are lovely, you make such beautiful sims. Its nice to see you creating again, I have many of your cc free sims in my downloads.

Bren
    did you take that picture in my backyard, I swear that is what it has looked like over here for the last few weeks. Bitter cold, my outer kitchen window has a layer of ice on it, it makes pretty patterns but I could use a little warmer weather.
    Amazing job with your new households.
    I got the 3 vampires in my MH and I think I shall be adding the gravediggers there as well.

AIRIS
    The Hook is so lovely, love the bright warm feeling form your use of color. The fountain area is very nice.

leep
    Chole and Apple are fantastic. She is beautiful and your horses markings are so very pretty.

marystarbright
    Lovely Botique, what a great place for sims to shop relax and eat. Love the garden by the message table and that you added a playground for the little ones.

loobylou
    Darkside Dwelling is perfect for MH. the reds you used are wonderful.
    Betty's Farm is lovely. I really like the water and landscaping

chealsycat
    love the photos, your winter fairy tale is a magical place.

Sending hugs and hellos to everyone.

• Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Rose. Your always so kind. The first night was very hard since she could not do the stairs and insisted on going out for her potty breaks, I am a shortie at just an inch or 2 above 5 feet and Shayla is a big dog, who weighs just about as much as me. I was so scared about lifting her up and carrying her outside. Still not sure how I managed, but we got those potty breaks done.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @Poly- So sorry to hear about Shayla hon. I hope that she makes a full recovery. **Big Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    good_night_cat.gif
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Good_Morning112.gif
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited January 2014
    005.gif

Good afternoon :D going to get caught up on rec's then popping in game :D

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    FAVE OF THE WEEK

Screenshot-3_zpsfc089289.jpg"width=640"

**Congrats to Leep45508. Please let me know how you would like your 100sp gifted. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited January 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The Hook is a great store for our sims to enjoy visiting AIRIS6962 :) Very nice exterior of the shop! The patterns on the exterior look great. It looks great how you have done the pool area. The sculpture in the middle of the pool looks great. It is nice how you have placed the seat benches there for sims to sit, relax and enjoy the sunshine and outdoors air and watch people swimming. It looks nice how you have done the flower displays outside the front of the store. Nice to have the seats there too for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors and watching other sims as they come to do their shopping at the store. Nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have set up the displays and items on the shelves. The posters on the walls look great. It looks great how you have placed the bottles on the register counter. The clothes racks and shoes racks through the store look great. Nice sitting area where you have the back to back sofas. Sims will enjoy buying elixirs or gems at your store. It is great that you have set up rooms where sims can also use the gem cutter and create their own elixirs using the alchemy machine. Great to have the vending machines in your store for sims to get a can of drink or a chocolate bar from. It looks great the ceiling lights that you have used and how you have placed them in the store. Nice sitting room for sims to relax on the seat there and watch tv with the nice plant themed décor for them to see nearby.
    It is a great store to buy and sell goods!

Thank you very much for your comments, dear Rose. You always apreciate all the details and bright our days with your comments. Never change !! :D Big hugs

Thank you very much to Poly, Sharon and everybody for their comments of my shop.

Rec´d all up here :thumbup:

Congratulations to Emma, her sim is so beautiful. I have it in my faved :thumbup:

I hope you´re having a wonderful weekend and Maisie and Shayla are better. Big hugs
    wishday.gif
  • Options
    JLSimberryJLSimberry Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2014
    bf45a130-2e90-4824-852e-8b5ab3227c74.jpg

Have been adding recs to everyones fabulous creations this weekend! So impressed and Congrats to Leep45508 for "Fave of the Week!"

Dawnrob and Polysporin, how are Maisie and Shayla doing? I have been thinking of you and hope both are feeling better.

A special shout out to rosemow and blacksheba1973 for the wonderful way you are!

I have been looking for work and had a job interview on Wednesday. Friday I found out I did not get the position so I have been doing some reflection this weekend and beginning to feel better. I think I would have done very well for them but as one door closes another one will open with greater opportunity!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    JLSimberryJLSimberry Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    This is my last creation upload to my studio.

The View: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7934232

Screenshot-59.jpg"width=640"

Rec'd and love it! How cool to go in circles and every time enter a very classy space :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you very much @JLSimberry. Happy for you like it. I saw it in a picture and I had to build it !!! with my personal touch, of course :mrgreen:

image.ashx?id=acc0a497-f2c5-4b24-a762-5c63f5b2082f"width=340image.ashx?id=7b3526b0-b370-40b1-99fc-7985f300a472"width=300"

This was my inspiration :D
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited January 2014
    What cool creations! Got most of them rec'd; a few gave me oops. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes, same here. Liam is very naughty today :XD:

By the way, has anybody a guide for understand the Exchange Section? It goes as we say in Spanish: "Como una cabra" ( "As a goat" ) crazy, crazy :roll:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hello blacksheba1973 :) and EMPRESSPAMELA :) I hope that you have a nice new week.

Hello Leep :) Congratulations on Chloe being the favourite of the week.

Hello JLSimberry :) I am sorry that you did not get the job that you had the interview for. Sending special thoughts to you as you feel disappointed, and hoping the future holds a job that you are accepted for that is just what you would like and you will enjoy doing.

Hello AIRIS6962 :) The View is a very nice home! Very nice exterior of it! It looks very nice how you have done the windows ! The patterns on the exterior look very nice. It looks great how you have done the roof. The type of front door that you have used looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the palm trees. The circular pool looks nice. It looks great how you have the umbrella shaded loungers there for sims to rest on beside the pool, enjoying the outdoors air. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq there and eating at the table the freshly cooked meal, enjoying the sunlight or night sky. The candlight on the table looks nice. . Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub with the nice sight of the flowers surrounding the edges of the area. Very nice photo of the home at night with the lights of the home shining through in the darkness. Great layout of the home. You have brought into sims version both the exterior design and the interior layout of the real life home very well. It is a nice light filled home with sunlight coming in and nice views of the outdoors through the windows. Very nice furnishing of the interior. Nice shade of green that you have used. The living room area looks nice. Nice comfortable sofa seats that you have placed there for sims to relax in and watch the tv or have a read of a book from the bookcase. The type of furnishings you have used capture the art deco theme well. Sims will like listening to the music from the stereo that you have placed there . It looks great how you have placed the stereo between the bookcases. It looks nice that you have placed the column lights either side of the fireplace and have placed the picture on the front of the fireplace wall. Great study desk area for sims to use the computer at. Nice pictures that you have placed on the wall for sims to see whilst they are studying or sitting on the sofas. The sun star clock on the wall looks nice. The floor mat is nice. The flooring pattern that you used through the home looks very nice. The floor lamp between the seats is nice for sims to have light at night time when they are reading . Very nice bedroom area. The drapes over the bed looks nice. Nice to have the clock on the bedside table for sims to check the time when they wake up. . The 3 mirrors screen in the corner is great for sims to check their appearance in. the books and flower on the table at the base of the bed looks nice. Nice bathroom. The type of window you have placed o the wall looks nice. It is nice that you have the vase of flowers and the beauty products on the sink counter for sims to see as they wash their hands. The lights each side of the mirror look nice. Great design of the childrens bunk bed room. Great study desk area for them to use the laptop at. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the beds. The kitchen area looks nice. Great bar counter for Sims to sit on the bar stools and enjoy eating the meal. The fruit bowl picture on the wall looks nice and suits the kitchen area. The cake flan and cake stand on the shelves is a nice touch . The whitish grey colour goes nice with the green colour you have used.
    It is a very nice home!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    My hubby´s favourite: Spanish Omelet :mrgreen:

tortilla-whole250x211.jpg

"No doubt about it, the Tortilla Española or Spanish Omelet is the most commonly served dish in Spain. It is also called Tortilla de Patata or Potato Omelet. Bars and cafés serve it as a tapa or appetizer, but it is often served as a light dinner in Spanish homes. Because it is easy to transport, the Spanish make bocadillos or sandwiches by placing a piece between two pieces of a baguette".
    You can eat it as a hot dish or as a cold one. It´s yummy :D

There are lots of variations of tortillas or omelets: with chorizo, with green pepper,...
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Total Time: 35 minutes
    Yield: 6 Servings Main Dish
    Ingredients:

6-7 medium potatoes, peeled
    1 whole yellow onion (Optional. I add powdered onion to the eggs because my hubby doesn´t like onion, but I like it the flavour :wink: )
    5-6 large eggs
    2-3 cups of olive oil for pan frying (Virgin olive oil better)
    Salt to taste

Preparation:

This tortilla española or tortilla de patata makes 8-10 servings as an appetizer, or 6 servings as a main course.

-How to Make Tortilla Española:
    Cut the peeled potatoes in half lengthwise. Then, with the flat side on the cutting surface, slice the potato in pieces approximately 1/8" thick. If you slice them a bit thick, don’t worry – it will simply take a bit longer for them to cook.

Peel and chop the onion into 1/4" pieces. Put potatoes and onions into a bowl and mix them together. Salt the mixture.

In a large, heavy, non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Carefully place the potato and onion mixture into the frying pan, spreading them evenly over the surface. The oil should almost cover the potatoes. You may need to turn down the heat slightly, so the potatoes do not burn.

Leave in pan until the potatoes are cooked. If you can poke a piece of potato with a spatula and it easily breaks in two, your potatoes are done. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon or spatula and allow oil to drain.

Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat by hand with a whisk or fork. Pour in the potato onion mixture. Mix together with a large spoon.

Pour 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil into a small, non-stick frying pan (aprox. 9-10”) and heat on medium heat. Be careful not to get the pan too hot because the oil will burn - or the tortilla will! When hot, stir the potato onion mixture once more and “pour” into the pan and spread out evenly. Allow the egg to cook around the edges. Then you can carefully lift up one side of the omelet to check if the egg has slightly “browned.” The inside of the mixture should not be completely cooked and the egg will still be runny.

When the mixture has browned on the bottom, you are ready to turn it over to cook the other side. Take the frying pan to a sink. Place a large dinner plate (12”) upside down over the frying pan. With one hand on the frying pan handle and the other on top of the plate to hold it steady, quickly turn the frying pan over and the omelet will “fall” onto the plate. Place the frying pan back on the range and put just enough oil to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Let the pan warm for 30 seconds or so. Now slide the omelet into the frying pan. Use the spatula to shape the sides of the omelet. Let the omelet cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the tortilla sit in the pan for 2 minutes.

Slide the omelet onto a plate to serve.
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited January 2014
    FAVE OF THE WEEK

[

**Congrats to Leep45508. Please let me know how you would like your 100sp gifted. :D

:D thank you for picking Chole :D:D:D:D:D

can i have number 5 and 29 please :D

5. High Heel with Stone Accent
    29. Love and Lace Dress