Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Pet Adoption

Yesterday while I was playing my game, my family's pet cat was taken away because apparently it had been neglected, even though the family tries their best to give it love and attention (the parents are busy with two toddlers, so it's kind of hard). Anyways, two days later, the husband tried to adopt another cat, but a pop-up came saying that, because I neglected my last pet, I couldn't adopt another pet for a few more days.

My question is: How many days do they mean? The pop-up didn't say a thing. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Personally I'm not sure, I'd just keep trying until it works. I don't think it'd be more than a couple more days. Though, you might want to wait until your toddlers age up because the same thing might happen again!

I'm pretty sure if you're quick enough you can re-adopt the pet you had, but I found that out after I experimented with seeing if the pet I'd put up for adoption would disappear from the game or go back to the shelter. I'm not sure if the social worker works the same way though.
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well, one of the toddlers grows up in one day, so that would make things easier. I guess the best I can do is to keep trying every sim day until I'm able to adopt again, whether it's through the phone or the town's neighborhood adoption.

Thanks, by the way. :)